Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@TrailRax - These racks are the ones I keep coming back to. They look great, seem reasonably priced, and have an actual dynamic load capacity - especially with the pak rax.

I have a 2 door bronco and a family of four. Works great for our needs (especially with rooftop storage), but I’d hate to block the view for my sons out the rear side windows. Is it possible to install the pak rax without the horizontal accessory brackets? And if so, would it negate the additional capacity gained by the pak rax?
You can take the plate off! We do not have an official load rating for the rack without the PakRax plate.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All,

First of all, we want to thank you all for your support! Because of your support, we are almost sold out of 4 door racks. We have a very limited stock left. If you are looking to get a 4 door before the end of the year, get your order in!

Happy Holidays,
TrailRax Crew

aham23

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2019 Audi SQ%
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMG_2222.jpeg

Just had mine installed along with my iKamper SkyCamp 3.0
How was mounting the tent as far as getting under there to attached the mounting brackets? How is the road / wind noise driving at higher speeds? I have a Roofnest Falcon and on my Jeep the low profile rack made it a huge pain to get the RTT secured down.

Macal

Wildtrak
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 M5, ‘20 F350, ‘18 XL Denali, ‘15 GMC2500,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How was mounting the tent as far as getting under there to attached the mounting brackets? How is the road / wind noise driving at higher speeds? I have a Roofnest Falcon and on my Jeep the low profile rack made it a huge pain to get the RTT secured down.
It was pretty seamless for the shop that installed it. The wind noise is loud, but the radio is always blaring, so it’s tolerable.

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Quick question. Do I have to use all of the supplied crossbars? Or can I skip a few? I'll be using a Thule cargo box for an upcoming road trip and will be installing the rack tomorrow.

Thanks

Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Quick question. Do I have to use all of the supplied crossbars? Or can I skip a few? I'll be using a Thule cargo box for an upcoming road trip and will be installing the rack tomorrow.

Thanks
I doubt you have to use all of them, I think they just give you that many bars to make this rack more modular, plus I am sure it does strengthen the rack more. I'm sure you could remove every other bar and you would still be golden! That's just my 2 cents...

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I doubt you have to use all of them, I think they just give you that many bars to make this rack more modular, plus I am sure it does strengthen the rack more. I'm sure you could remove every other bar and you would still be golden! That's just my 2 cents...
Great! Thanks for your response. I’m not adding a bunch of weight, so I think it will be fine.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks
You can skip a few! But for full load capacity, we recommend using all supplied crossbars, at least, to retain the full load capacity.

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can skip a few! But for full load capacity, we recommend using all supplied crossbars, at least, to retain the full load capacity.
Thanks. I’m just storing a ground tent and sleeping system up there in a Thule box. Should be fine. Thank you!

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands Sasquatch 2door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks to the forum reviews and comments, we went with the @TrailRax hoping it would fit the Thule Flow Roof box we already have. We took out the wind deflector and a couple of the crossbars, and it feels really secure. It's also MUCH easier to mount the rack without the wind deflector. We'll see how noisy it is tomorrow.

IMG_7501.jpeg

IMG_7502.jpeg

IMG_7505.jpeg

Sponsored

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a chance to install mine yesterday and wow! Everything from the packaging to the fit and finish was just amazing. I managed to fit my Thule Force XT XL and my Gazelle T4 tent on the roof using American Adventure Lab's Sleeper Keeper! This freed up so much space in the cargo box.

I also installed AAL's spare tire cargo carrier. So far I'm happy with the looks. The shakedown trip is next week. I am also waiting on a few more RotoPax containers and recovery boards to arrive.

Thanks, TrailRax for such a great product. If I can make one tiny suggestion, it would be to have extra mounting holes on either side of each aluminum extrusion crossbar, so that certain customers can change the spacing between each crossbar. I would like to move my Thule box about 3-4 inches to the rear, but it is not physically possible unless I drill additional holes into the roof rack. Otherwise, fantastic product.

Thanks,

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_8029

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_8030

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_8031

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_8032

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_8034

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm. I had some Tetris game on top of mine for a bunch of roam cases. I was able to solve the problem by ordering another cross member and using the long slots to place it where i needed it. Maybe something like that could work for you.

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_1027

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmm. I had some Tetris game on top of mine for a bunch of roam cases. I was able to solve the problem by ordering another cross member and using the long slots to place it where i needed it. Maybe something like that could work for you.

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_1027
Thanks. That’s actually a fantastic idea. Did you just use large washers to secure the crossbar? Or some other way?

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah just some washers and button-head flange bolts.
Sponsored