Sponsored

What model Pak Rax are you interested in?

• Total voters
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please help me understand. So, if I purchase a Pak Rax, can I install it onto my Bronco as a stand alone with the Ford OEM roof bars? Or, when you say stand alone do you mean I have to choose either to use the Pak Rax OR the Ford OEM roof bars but cannot use both unless I get the Pak Rax roof rack?
You are correct. Our Pak Rax can be used as stand-alone (no roof rack with the Pak Rax on both sides) or in use with our roof rack and Pak Rax. Hope this clarifies!
Sponsored

thisispete

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thats a super disappointing move. people have roof racks and don't want to buy new ones.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thats a super disappointing move. people have roof racks and don't want to buy new ones.
We are currently seeing Ford have a serious problem making those roof racks and getting them is a pain. So we pulled the idea of working with their roof rack since it is impossible to get and created our own all-aluminum rack that will increase the carrying capacity of your roof rack with our Pak Rax.

DanielIvan

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are correct. Our Pak Rax can be used as stand-alone (no roof rack with the Pak Rax on both sides) or in use with our roof rack and Pak Rax. Hope this clarifies!
That clarifies it! Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately I have to be out as well. I paid for the OEM roof rack to avoid purchasing an aftermarket roof rack and if I have to remove that, to run these, then I am no longer interested.

A bit of feedback:
I really hope you consider adding some kind of adaptor or bracket at least for OEM roof rack owners because this really is a cool product idea but having to buy only your roof rack or running no roof rack at all feels a little anti-consumer. Or some kind of universal mounting solution for those with other branded roof racks as well. Could be a great way to double or triple your Rak Pax sales by adding some flexibility in rack compatibility.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That clarifies it! Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately I have to be out as well. I paid for the OEM roof rack to avoid purchasing an aftermarket roof rack and if I have to remove that, to run these, then I am no longer interested.

A bit of feedback:
I really hope you consider adding some kind of adaptor or bracket at least for OEM roof rack owners because this really is a cool product idea but having to buy only your roof rack or running no roof rack at all feels a little anti-consumer. Or some kind of universal mounting solution for those with other branded roof racks as well. Could be a great way to double or triple your Rak Pax sales by adding some flexibility in rack compatibility.
It is something we can look into for an adapter piece for the OEM Ford Roof racks but the strength of that roof rack is our main concern. This is why we went away from it. At the end of the day the OEM roof rack is plastic (on where the pak rax WOULD mount). Our roof rack only stands 3.65" above the roof which is 1" lower than the OEM roof rack, our roof rack will have a higher capacity, Ours is an all-aluminum design, and offer a wind deflector to significantly reduce wind noise

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is the capacity of the rack used by itself with no roof rack at all?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the capacity of the rack used by itself with no roof rack at all?
For the capacity of the Pak Rax we are estimating 60-80 lbs dynamic. For the roof rack, we are still working on a weight capacity but it will mount to the windshield, clamp to the hardtop in the rear, then with the pak rax mount to the body of the car which would essentially equal all 4 corners are mounted to the body of the car allowing for better stability and capacity.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are currently seeing Ford have a serious problem making those roof racks and getting them is a pain. So we pulled the idea of working with their roof rack since it is impossible to get and created our own all-aluminum rack that will increase the carrying capacity of your roof rack with our Pak Rax.
That's a shame.

Shouldve at least considered the options to be where it would work with your roofrack and the other option working with the OEM roofrack. I don't see a reason anyone would choose to mount accessories to their windows while omitting the OEM roofrack above.

If I need to mount accessories, why would I prefer a standalone TrailRax if I can just mount that to my existing roofrack if I had to pick?

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And maybe im missing something here,
Can you use the standalone TrailRax for those with soft tops or topless?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a shame.

Shouldve at least considered the options to be where it would work with your roofrack and the other option working with the OEM roofrack. I don't see a reason anyone would choose to mount accessories to their windows while omitting the OEM roofrack above.

If I need to mount accessories, why would I prefer a standalone TrailRax if I can just mount that to my existing roofrack if I had to pick?
We will look into that adaptor accessory to the OEM roof rack. The capacity will not be as much as our roof rack combination.

If you are mounting fuel cans, recovery boards, and/or tools you would have easier access to them with our Pak Rax as well as mounting options compared to the OEM roof rack. Just a thought!

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And maybe im missing something here,
Can you use the standalone TrailRax for those with soft tops or topless?
Unfortunately not for the soft top. With the operating soft top that lifts, it is really difficult to find mounting solutions on the top portion. For no top, we can absolutely get an adaptor plate to work and mount directly to the roll rage.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't see in the comments about 2 door clamshell only. Will there be a 2 door clam shell rack/ roof rack combo as well? Or will the 2 door have to span the length of the entire roof?

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I’m out too unless you find a way to make it work with the OEM rack. I get they were hard to come by during the first six months but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore so you’re missing out on a significant portion of the market IMO….

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I’m out too unless you find a way to make it work with the OEM rack. I get they were hard to come by during the first six months but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore so you’re missing out on a significant portion of the market IMO….
As we said, we will work on getting an adapter mount for the Pak Rax to the OEM rack but the capacity will be less due to it being mounted to the plastic housed clamp. Hope this Clarifies!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't see in the comments about 2 door clamshell only. Will there be a 2 door clam shell rack/ roof rack combo as well? Or will the 2 door have to span the length of the entire roof?
Great question! If you are asking about the requirement for the Pak Rax and Roof rack, you will need the MIC hardtop or Advanced Fiberglass Hardtop. The Roof rack option can be purchased alone or with our Pak Rax. The Pak Rax can also be ordered as a stand-alone if a roof rack is not desired.
Sponsored