JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe it means you have made it to the yard in MN? Is the no weight info through the UP number or CSX?
CXS. I never got a UP number. I suppose I could ask the dealer if they have that info.
Sponsored

Trieck32

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
CXS. I never got a UP number. I suppose I could ask the dealer if they have that info.
I looked it up, 1-800-877-5123. My impression was the Bronco stays on the same car all the way here, just switches carriers. It says " loaded interchange ramp, Nov 20th".
It is a voice system similar to CSX.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked it up, 1-800-877-5123. My impression was the Bronco stays on the same car all the way here, just switches carriers. It says " loaded interchange ramp, Nov 20th".
It is a voice system similar to CSX.
Ohh gotcha. That makes sense. Not sure why I was thinking the car number would change. I laugh because I did get a call saying the bronco will arrive last Saturday. Of course it didn’t. Haha.

Trieck32

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ohh gotcha. That makes sense. Not sure why I was thinking the car number would change. I laugh because I did get a call saying the bronco will arrive last Saturday. Of course it didn’t. Haha.
Maybe by this Saturday!!

My rail car is headed for Chicago today, left Willard, OH at 5:15 this morning.

SAVEUP

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, this is lovely. Just spoke with CSX. Apparently, most of these railcars did exactly what we were hoping was NOT going to happen when offered to foreign carrier. Because of when it was offered to the next railroad host, the cars did not get picked up for some reason. They do not know why yet, therefore, these cars are all being staged to go back to Willard Ohio. From there it’ll be sent out to the exchange carrier again and distributed either east, west or south. Everybody who’s waiting for a vehicle, is going to be waiting much longer, because they can’t even give us an indication of when the exchange may happen. They did say that it could be because it was a weekend and they were short staffed and had no crew or there was some other weather issues. At this point, it sounds like Ford probably just rushed us onto cars in order to show progress, and the railroad did not know what to do with them.
My Rail Car is moving again. In Garrett IN and scheduled to be in Chicago Clearing today.

Sponsored

Itsdchz

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PB XLT - 2022 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Rail Car is moving again. In Garrett IN and scheduled to be in Chicago Clearing today.
Well CSX must be owned by Ford.
I too am scheduled for Chicago Clearing at 2:45pm today, November 22….. 🤷🏼
I am now certain that we all hit the lottery on the transportation process off assembly line and the amount of WTF incidents are increasingly baffling!

SAVEUP

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if I call to track my rail car and it says “no wait (weight?)” what the hell does that mean?? It did say offered to foreign carrier at one point.
Offered to foreign carrier means they are trying to transfer to another rail company. Like Itsdchz said, if no other carrier picks it up then the original carrier tries to move it along. That is what happened with mine, but after another day sitting in OH it is moving again to Chicago Clearing IL. This is a big switching yard where they change carriers depending on what direction they are going.
I believe that many commodities are recorded by tonnage (weight) so they track that information. Vehicles are not, so it should not matter.

Last edited:

SAVEUP

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well CSX must be owned by Ford.
I too am scheduled for Chicago Clearing at 2:45pm today, November 22….. 🤷🏼
I am now certain that we all hit the lottery on the transportation process off assembly line and the amount of WTF incidents are increasingly baffling!
Mine changed from 2:45 to 5:13PM, but is actually in route, so the time is probably more accurate. I just hope it keeps moving. I am guessing it will change carriers in Chicago which is more standard.

Good Luck to ALL!

outnumbered

Wildtrak
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey @Itsdchz did you see my question about how you reached customer service at CSX that could help? I get lost in their phone tree.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I wonder if we should start another thread that a hijacking this one? I sort of feel bad all of us going back and forth about our Broncos being on rail cars (Even though they seem to be Mia) while others are still sitting at MAP.

I haven't called this morning yet to see what my status is but with all your guyses recent comments I'm afraid to!

Sponsored

Seasnake

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I call the CSX trace line all i get is minimal info like , Loaded , Train arrival , and the latest Delivered . But no state or town info . I am in northern CA .

Itsdchz

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey @Itsdchz did you see my question about how you reached customer service at CSX that could help? I get lost in their phone tree.
Yes- sorry
I called the 1800 number
After rail info was given, I requested customer service. You will hear the prompt to ask for it after the location info has been given. It asked me for 5 digit customer number, I stated I do not have one, it routed me to transportation team.

Itsdchz

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine changed from 2:45 to 5:13PM, but is actually in route, so the time is probably more accurate. I just hope it keeps moving. I am guessing it will change carriers in Chicago which is more standard.

Good Luck to ALL!
Changed from 2:45 pm to 5:13 pm as well for me….

69-300

Black Diamond
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am still sitting at MAP, 9/12 production week, and for all that I have read here, it seems there is nothing to do but wait. There is no-one at @Ford Motor Company that can provide any information, and no-one that can be reached, and the dealers are also in the dark.

I am not sure what they are blaming now but cars to CA are getting delivered while cars to NJ are not.

SAVEUP

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes please, not sound rude but all im reading now is complaing about shipped statuses lol, there are still us plebs who arent allowed to get shipped
Copy. I'm shipped.

Good Luck.

Peace out.
Sponsored