Sponsored

Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it. Talk me off the cliff. Final Choice is clear

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been a first day reservation hold, I have a vin and production date 8/30, however my build is a mic top. Dealer and bronco support won't give me a date and time if my production delay or estimated delivery.(i understand why) I found a locally traded 2020 Rubicon diesel, 15k miles sky top, metal bumpers, leather, 8.4 uconnect, ACC, and cold weather in the dark green color had a 65k MSRP sticker, The dealer is selling it with in 2k of my MSRP Bronco. which is mid 50's. Seems like a solid deal. I'm really at odds wife doesn't care, she is so tried of the delays and said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.
If you are a hard core off roader and can't live without, then get the Wrangler as a holdover and stay on the path for your reservation/Ordering of the Bronco...... Apparently Wranglers hold their value, so you can always dump it easy when the Bronco is ready
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t blame anyone that says fuck this and bails.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who knows how long you will be waiting for the Bronco. They a have to remanufacture all the mic tops made to date and yours is most likely in line to get a new mic top before it's finished & delivered to you.

I'd go for the Wrangler. Worst case is that in a couple of years and Broncos are available you can get one then.......

if there is something that you really like now, get it. Or at least test drive it and go from there.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For a daily driver I’d stick with waiting for the bronco. Jeeps are best off-road not on road don’t care what trim you get.

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 2020 JLU, Bronco res holder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been a first day reservation hold, I have a vin and production date 8/30, however my build is a mic top. Dealer and bronco support won't give me a date and time if my production delay or estimated delivery.(i understand why) I found a locally traded 2020 Rubicon diesel, 15k miles sky top, metal bumpers, leather, 8.4 uconnect, ACC, and cold weather in the dark green color had a 65k MSRP sticker, The dealer is selling it with in 2k of my MSRP Bronco. which is mid 50's. Seems like a solid deal. I'm really at odds wife doesn't care, she is so tried of the delays and said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.
I bought a 2020 JLU while waiting for my Bronco (day one res), but that was 15 months ago and I canceled the reservation about the same time due to all the uncertainty.

I have a new reservation, but probably won't get a Bronco until 2023. I would stick it out a few more months at this point. I'd rather be in your situation than mine in terms of the Bronco production date.

Sponsored

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get the Rubicon now and then sell it for $500 less than you paid for it whenever the Bronco is ready.

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure where you are financially but no point in cancelling your bronco. Buy the jeep, it won’t depreciate much unless the market heavy crashes. Then decide. That jeep would be bad ass no doubt.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Shit, I wish I had a VIN.

Ambassador

Badlands
First Name
Standing_Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its a Steal. Buy it and post the pics 😁

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wranglers hold their value so do it, see if you enjoy it and if the Bronco does become available then look at selling the Wrangler or trading it in towards the Bronco. Hard to be disappointed by a JL Wrangler honestly. They aren't the old terrible driving machines the older Wranglers used to be.

Sponsored

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a daily driver I’d stick with waiting for the bronco. Jeeps are best off-road not on road don’t care what trim you get.
Have you actually driven or been in a JL Wrangler? I've had a 2005 2 door TJ Sport and 2007 4 door JK Sahara with my JL 2020 Rubicon Wrangler 2 door driving much better than either. Tired of people basing their uninformed opinions off the older Wranglers that drove horribly on the road and don't compare at all to the 2018+ Wrangler models.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
everyone wants to be in your shoes right now (hard top with a VIN). Just rent a jeep over the weekend here and there until it comes in.
Why? Why are we still pretending that having a VIN with a MIC top order is a gift?

We are stuck waiting just as long as the rest of you early order guys but we can’t change our orders. No new colors or trims possible. Can’t swap to soft top. Almost all VIN holders will get a MY22 without the benefits of those who still don’t have VINs.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had my build date since June and it keeps moving around and now my car took a poop so I jumped and bought a 2022 Hyundai Palisade fully loaded. Best decision of my life so far… I love it. Heated and cooled seats captain chairs second row. Ford made me do it…
Got my wife a 2021 Limited. Best road trip car I've driven. Drove 12 straight hours with little-to-no fatigue with that adaptive cruise going. Great family car.

Holy cow, just checked out the gladiator forums. Apparently the diesels are derating while not towing. Check out this guy's tips for towing:
Few things I have learned.
  1. If you tow, make sure your engine auto off feature is disabled.
  2. Do not shut off the engine when refueling
  3. Stay out of full throttle, and know you will be in the slow lane on hills, when you know the engine has much more...
  4. The Taser Mini JL enables you to activate the Fans on high when towing, even at speed that lowers temps.
  5. Some oil cooler options are being investigated.
  6. Get a bluetooth OBD2 BLU+ dongle, and install the Car Scanner Pro app, and download my dashboards. You can monitor IAT's / EGT's. I try to keep mine below 1100 when towing my 3400lb trailer and it's hard to do on flat land, and impossible to do on hills..... High EGT's sustained are not good for diesels.

Last edited:

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have you actually driven or been in a JL Wrangler? I've had a 2005 2 door TJ Sport and 2007 4 door JK Sahara with my JL 2020 Rubicon Wrangler 2 door driving much better than either. Tired of people basing their uninformed opinions off the older Wranglers that drove horribly on the road and don't compare at all to the 2018+ Wrangler models.
I gave up on jeep after my jku I built I grew out of the off-road scene. The JL just has tad longer wheelbase not much different. My in-laws have a new jlu and it chases the road just like my jku and jk’s did. I use to be a jeep guy I’m not biased. They’re awesome off-road wouldn’t want anything else for the non poser stuff.
Sponsored