Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fair enough, but it can be squared with heat then trussed. Better of course to prevent the twist and in turn prevent the bend.
People weld and truss Dana 44s on jeeps everyday....plenty of shops can do this.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People weld and truss Dana 44s on jeeps everyday....plenty of shops can do this.
Yep, it's even a DIY job for a moderately equipped home shop. I haven't seen a ready to go truss for the Bronco yet but they can be fabbed easily enough.

Need to start yapping at Barnes to make one, they have a few Bronco parts already and their prices are great.

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I work for a dealer that owns a ford store. After taking it to my local ford store and them denying me anything, it’s now at my company’s ford store if that makes sense. So I’m waiting to see what/if anything they can do for me before I go that route.
I wish you luck brother. I’m thinking there was something bad in the manufacturing. I’ve had my BL out on some pretty gnarly trails with no problems at all. I’m still running 35’s though.

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish you luck brother. I’m thinking there was something bad in the manufacturing. I’ve had my BL out on some pretty gnarly trails with no problems at all. I’m still running 35’s though.
Thank you. This was literally only my second time driving the truck off pavement. I was actually impressed with how smooth it was. It wasn’t until I got home that I saw the oil dripping from my diff. Almost a perfect day haha

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes and I’ve done this trail dozens of times in my 4Runner and never broke a sweat much less an axle
What did your 4runner have on it, 37's and a gear ratio equal or better than 4.46? and what axle(s)?

Not being a negative-Nancy here, there's just a lot to consider when pushing much larger heavier tires.

A.) the 37's are not the problem item:
Has anyone seen the 35's the Sasquatch comes with off the wheel? (I don't know if you had Sasquatch or not, just making the point for the upgraded package) They're light and skinny tires. I'm pretty sure any 35 inch you purchase after a Sasquatch package is going to weigh significantly more, much less a 37 inch tire. They found the lightest 35 inch tire they could to put this on the road for MPG and I'd wager strain.

B.) I feel 4.46 isn't enough for wheeling with 37s with added strain and weight when pushing it, just my opinion. Maybe light wheeling, sure.

C.) TTA, TTA is not a gimmick. There's a reason they incorporated it, because it's a tool that gained popularity in the off-road world and comes in very handy when needed. Not for performing burnouts flooring it just because that's what they saw advertised in a Bronco Off-Roadeo video.

From reading many posts, most here either have little or no wheeling experience.
A good amount do.

And those that think it has no use have either only wheeled in what you have pictured above, in wide open spaces, Moab, or some place with no obstacles. They have not wheeled in tightly wooded trails, with wet giant rocks surrounding the vehicle, slippery tight corners and angles, or have been involved with a truck/jeep/buggy/truggy that slips and falls off a trail due to error, loose mud, ice, or into an unintended angled fall, downhill, without the ability to back out safely without taking damage or spending 2 hours trying to winch out.

Yes, TTA has a use, just not what the 99.999% here are purchasing a Bronco for or going off road for the first time.

Sponsored

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too late for that. They had already seen my truck and complimented how much they liked it, until I had to bring it in for repair.
Dude, find some 33's or 35's and take it to a different dealer (y)

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did your 4runner have on it, 37's and a gear ratio equal or better than 4.46? and what axle(s)?

Not being a negative-Nancy here, there's just a lot to consider when pushing much larger heavier tires.

A.) the 37's are not the problem item:
Has anyone seen the 35's the Sasquatch comes with off the wheel? (I don't know if you had Sasquatch or not, just making the point for the upgraded package) They're light and skinny tires. I'm pretty sure any 35 inch you purchase after a Sasquatch package is going to weigh significantly more, much less a 37 inch tire. They found the lightest 35 inch tire they could to put this on the road for MPG and I'd wager strain.

B.) I feel 4.46 isn't enough for wheeling with 37s with added strain and weight when pushing it, just my opinion. Maybe light wheeling, sure.

C.) TTA, TTA is not a gimmick. There's a reason they incorporated it, because it's a tool that gained popularity in the off-road world and comes in very handy when needed. Not for performing burnouts flooring it just because that's what they saw advertised in a Bronco Off-Roadeo video.

From reading many posts, most here either have little or no wheeling experience.
A good amount do.

And those that think it has no use have either only wheeled in what you have pictured above, in wide open spaces, Moab, or some place with no obstacles. They have not wheeled in tightly wooded trails, with wet giant rocks surrounding the vehicle, slippery tight corners and angles, or have been involved with a truck/jeep/buggy/truggy that slips and falls off a trail due to error, loose mud, ice, or into an unintended angled fall, downhill, without the ability to back out safely without taking damage or spending 2 hours trying to winch out.

Yes, TTA has a use, just not what the 99.999% here are purchasing a Bronco for or going off road for the first time.
I had stock axles on the 4Runner, 4.56 gears, supercharged, on 35x12.5-17 Yokohama Geolanders. I did Gold Mountain a number of times without any issues. I didn’t compare my 4Runner to a Jeep nor did I try to conquer trails Jeeps make look easy. The Bronco is marketed to compete with the Jeep is it not? I think that may the the common misconception. On 37’s my Bronco drives absolutely fine. I feel no difference whatsoever from stock wheels and tires. Obviously that’s not the case because I have a bent axle now. I just expected to wheel much harder than pilot rock trail to cause damage to my truck.

A4BB1F86-30F5-4AC5-B977-95B927612744.jpeg

B58BCEF0-E1A4-435E-9A4D-C2EA34A42429.jpeg

IMG_0450.jpeg

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in on the manufacturing defect, I’ve seen plenty of Broncos go much harder on 40’s and nothing more then what the OP has. That trail is nothing compared to Mickeys hottub and we have all seen plenty of Broncos similar to his go through that.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had stock axles on the 4Runner, 4.56 gears, supercharged, on 35x12.5-17 Yokohama Geolanders. I did Gold Mountain a number of times without any issues. I didn’t compare my 4Runner to a Jeep nor did I try to conquer trails Jeeps make look easy. The Bronco is marketed to compete with the Jeep is it not? I think that may the the common misconception. On 37’s my Bronco drives absolutely fine. I feel no difference whatsoever from stock wheels and tires. Obviously that’s not the case because I have a bent axle now. I just expected to wheel much harder than pilot rock trail to cause damage to my truck.

Ford Bronco Update: Rear Axle Tube  - 1200 Miles Warranty Covered IMG_0450

Right, so you had better gearing, and smaller lighter tires with proven axles.

I agree, it's marketed to compete, but there is a great difference in weight between 33 inch to 35 inch to 37 inch tires and the stress that applies, and as @indio22 pointed out, the 35's with the Sasquatch are light and thin.

Maybe, probably would have been a different outcome if it was the 4.7 gearing pushing those.

I still say you find a Bronco buddy with 33's or 35's and get to another dealer and have a better chance to at least get the axle replaced under warranty.

Sponsored

Cypher

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey guys, just thought I’d post this so anyone else considering running 37’s at least knows the risks going into it. I just passed 1200 miles on my 23 Bronco, took it out Sunday only for the second time on some mild trails. I came outside Monday morning to oil dripping from my rear diff. I immediately took it to Ford for diagnosis since I thought maybe it was a bad seal. It turns out (Ford claims) my 37” tires caused too much torque on the rear axle and caused it to twist, breaking the plug welds and bending the axle tube by the wheel.

I am an open book so for sake of clarity, I have never used the TTA function. I have however engaged the rear locker on the trail. I wouldn’t have even known there was a problem with the truck if I didn’t see fluid on the ground under the rear diff. As of right now I’m told warranty won’t cover the repair so just a heads up to anyone else with high expectations for off road performance and durability, this isn’t the truck. I’ve attached some photos for reference.

70639024399__C65F77A5-C595-483C-8CE1-4D6042384465.fullsizerender.jpeg

70639027068__4C6A585C-9B9F-4FDE-BB0C-6D9C2A4E5E62.fullsizerender.jpeg

70655521213__7795D711-D4F2-47AD-90A9-CDB3718BF363.jpeg

70639023286__5353CB02-FE1D-4EBF-BC79-7E7207A2C4CB.jpeg
get a cheap set of factory takeoffs, go to a different dealer. get it fixed, put 37s back on and go. or get it fixed and put on bring a trailer. then sell the takeoffs. out little money.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's kind of dumb that Ford won't stand behind their product. Especially when they advertise that you should lift it which implies putting bigger tires etc on it.
I've read this multiple times and agreed too. But, I then had a thought, how lifted? The base Bronco comes with 30" tires and there are upgrades to 35", so how big is too big for stock?

but 37s used to be considered large tires, often worthy of upgraded axles. I think some people are pushing it with stock axles and the ever increasing tires sizes.
Changing suspension and lifting to fit 37" is lot of new stuff on that stock axle, maybe we're suppose to lift it, but how high? Before something stock breaks?

I could tell a big difference between driving a Bronco with 30" & 32" truck/hwy tires and my Sasquatch with 35".

So lift, but how much is too much? How many new parts can be added to stock and still warranty the remaining stock parts?

My biggest argument to myself for getting the Sasquatch package was the warranty of parts paired by Ford and the lockers.

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've read this multiple times and agreed too. But, I then had a thought, how lifted? The base Bronco comes with 30" tires and there are upgrades to 35", so how big is too big for stock?

Changing suspension and lifting to fit 37" is lot of new stuff on that stock axle, maybe we're suppose to lift it, but how high? Before something stock breaks?

I could tell a big difference between driving a Bronco with 30" & 32" truck/hwy tires and my Sasquatch with 35".

So lift, but how much is too much? How many new parts can be added to stock and still warranty the remaining stock parts?

My biggest argument to myself for getting the Sasquatch package was the warranty of parts paired by Ford and the lockers.
No one knows… I have a 2” lift (king) which isn’t anything wild, tons of people are running kings. RPG UCA’s, tie rods, upper & lower links, and pan hard bar. I thought I covered my bases.
I’ll be the Guinea pig for aftermarket axle replacement soon.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No one knows… I have a 2” lift (king) which isn’t anything wild, tons of people are running kings. RPG UCA’s, tie rods, upper & lower links, and pan hard bar. I thought I covered my bases.
I’ll be the Guinea pig for aftermarket axle replacement soon.
Notice I asked questions, because it does say lift, but I bet Ford could say: "We said lift, but not how high, that depends on what you get, a Raptor v. base, a Sasquatch package v. stock BD."

I just thought the IFS was the weak point for lifting due to degree of angle on the CVs, I didn't expect the rear to be a problem too, but then again the Raptor has not only an upgraded rear end, but added strength to the frame too.

Dealer may be the problem too, my service rep at my dealership has an awesome attitude regarding using the Bronco. On my break in oil change I also got some warranty work done and the tech commented to him about some scratches "already" on a low point of the skid plate and some light trail stripes (buffed out) and his reply was "you mean he's using it for what is designed for?". Tech laughed and agreed.

Point is my dealer has done some warranty work, light damage that I reported 5 or 6 weeks after I got it and he could've blamed me for the pressure dent in the hood but they covered it too! While I read other dealers seem to be trying to void warranty work when they can... Not should.

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Notice I asked questions, because it does say lift, but I bet Ford could say: "We said lift, but not how high, that depends on what you get, a Raptor v. base, a Sasquatch package v. stock BD."

I just thought the IFS was the weak point for lifting due to degree of angle on the CVs, I didn't expect the rear to be a problem too, but then again the Raptor has not only an upgraded rear end, but added strength to the frame too.

Dealer may be the problem too, my service rep at my dealership has an awesome attitude regarding using the Bronco. On my break in oil change I also got some warranty work done and the tech commented to him about some scratches "already" on a low point of the skid plate and some light trail stripes (buffed out) and his reply was "you mean he's using it for what is designed for?". Tech laughed and agreed.

Point is my dealer has done some warranty work, light damage that I reported 5 or 6 weeks after I got it and he could've blamed me for the pressure dent in the hood but they covered it too! While I read other dealers seem to be trying to void warranty work when they can... Not should.
My undercarriage and skids etc are flawless. The Ford service dept literally said to me today “we don’t really know what caused this”. There’s no physical damage to anything. But it’s not going to be covered because the truck is modified. Simple as that.
Sponsored