Sponsored

Update: resolved in part thanks to this community!...Dealer stated FoMoCo canceled my First Edition (VIN in hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's what I was suspecting...

If that's what is actually going on, the question becomes why does a dealer think that they are going to get away with that horseshit?!?

It wasn't hard to pull up the dealer from the VIN.
Is this OP’s FE? If so, great news! Also, Ford needs to know that the dealer is being a clown and get punished accordingly. Ford already is making a lot of mistakes allowing this would be terrible for their image.
Sponsored

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would take a ‘22 Badlands. But you might be happier waiting for the Raptor.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Make a stink with Ford - you have the tracing paperwork - do not trust the Dealer, they might have sold your car.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this OP’s FE? If so, great news! Also, Ford needs to know that the dealer is being a clown and get punished accordingly. Ford already is making a lot of mistakes allowing this would be terrible for their image.
I believe Ahop was given the correct VIN number...

I was pulling up VIN's in the correct range, same blend date, and matching that up with local weather temperatures and correct vehicle color. I didn't have any other data to go on.

LOL, the stone age methods I use sometimes.

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Happy to sell my first edition bronco to you for your raptor edition. I have one that should arrive this week. Planning on just keeping it in the garage for the next few years as I am away on business. I will sell it to you for msrp and you the same. I have a blue 4 dr hard top.

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was pulling up VIN's in the correct range, same blend date, and matching that up with local weather temperatures and correct vehicle color. I didn't have any other data to go on.

Which tracker did you use?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Make a stink with Ford - you have the tracing paperwork - do not trust the Dealer, they might have sold your car.
It hasn't been shipped yet. It's still sitting in Michigan - but I bet you that they have someone who has been promised it and willing to pay big bucks for it.

As long as that's the correct dealer... then the answer is to do this to this dealer in New Mexico.

nuke-it-from-orbit-its-the-only-way-to-be-sure.jpg

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He didn’t fall for it. He came on this board to get help as he thought something was up. He only falls for it if he gives up.
He came on this board asking which of the options his dealer gave him he should take. He fully believed that Ford canceled a scheduled vin. In other words, he fell for it.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Which tracker did you use?
Well depending on what data I have will depend on what I start with. Since I knew it was a 4 door first edition, I already knew the partial VIN number: 1FMEE5EP_MLA4____ I also know that the VINs are somewhat sequentially assigned. So that put me in the 1000 to 2000 range... started sequencing through them looking for matches and looking at others in close proximity to 08/09 blend dates. I started around 42250 and worked down. I haven't written a script to just do it, but I should.

I started with windowstickers:

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FMEE5EP4MLA41127

Last edited:

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Awesome! Great news. Love this board. Strength in numbers. Also, I know this is a bronco board but what colour is your ferrari? A nice one that 355. The 612 scaglietti I always thought was pretty cool as well.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome! Great news. Love this board. Strength in numbers. Also, I know this is a bronco board but what colour is your ferrari? A nice one that 355. The 612 scaglietti I always thought was pretty cool as well.
It's Rosso Corsa, with a black top and tan leather interior.

Ford Bronco Update: resolved in part thanks to this community!...Dealer stated FoMoCo canceled my First Edition (VIN in hand) tapatalk_1333300462368

Back when I first got it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.