Sponsored

Update: resolved in part thanks to this community!...Dealer stated FoMoCo canceled my First Edition (VIN in hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd put my name down for a RAPTOR. I expect these to hold their values very well. The F150 Raptor and TRX are proof enough. Plus they won't be mass producing them. I'd also put down for a Bronco reservation later on next year. That way you have the option to keep the Raptor if you like it; and cancel the Bronco res. Or sell the Raptor and get nearly all your money back after x months and order a new Bronco. Any way is a win win. Other than gettin your FE this year. That just sucks.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This makes so little sense. Seriously, they are just going to cancel your VIN? Why not someone else's? Or at least source one from a dealership that is trying to get $170k for an "abandoned" order.

This is just horseshit; unless they are willing to give you a Bronco Raptor.

How generous of them to give you a whole 2 days to make a final decision. That's BS too. I would watch that VIN number very carefully, because until you have confirmed that it was never built, I would never trust - "my dealer said"...

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So we’ve seen this happen to several others in another thread. If you can wait I say Braptor no question! But make sure the dealer agrees to MSRP

Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other than it being called a First Edition, functionally, there was nothing special about it. You can get a similarly equipped WT or BL and be first in line for a MY22. I'd go that route.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

first see if you can find someone at Ford to talk to, regional rep or at corporate to make sure this is correct. If you already had a VIN this sounds a bit off to me.

Other than that only you can decide between the 3 top choices, BL, WT or Raptor. Personally I'd have no interest or use for the Raptor, too expensive, too thirsty, too wide and more power than I'll ever need, but that's a personal decision only you can make. I'm not a desert racer, Badlands checks all the boxes for me (and is the only Bronco I ever even considered).

But first get more info about all of it. Why they suddenly decide they can't build a First Edition but continue building all other trims (I presume), then what does "first in line" mean? Jan 1st? Middle of May? And who knows when the Raptor will show up, what it will be and what it'll cost you to get one. I guess you'd be lucky to get an MSRP agreement and who knows if you dealer will even get one? That also would have to be confirmed from higher up if that's what you want to do. Most of the 3000+ dealers will never see a Raptor in their showroom next year.

Good luck either way, let us know what you decide!

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d take the raptor, flip it and buy a loaded badlands. Raptor is cool but don’t think I’d want to drive a big booty Judy on the daily. Kinda ruins the size of the bronco IMO.

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Im assuming they are offering him a f150 raptor, not a first place bronco raptor.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im assuming they are offering him a f150 raptor, not a first place bronco raptor.
Why not offer him first dibs on a Bronco Raptor??? That seems totally fair.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is fishy. Call Ford because you need to hear this from someone other than your dealer.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Raptor with a signed, sealed, delivered letter from your dealer as to the pricing you will receive. Without this, escalate to Ford direct. With this, go grab a beer and wait, like the rest of us, unfortunately.

I second this guy, however, buy another car while you wait on the Raptor because most likely you will get screwed again, at least this time, you already had something to drive.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Raptor if you can swing it financially. Did you have a build date on your FE?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.