Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After reading through most of the posts in this thread, its clear to me that the hot rodding of vehicles is almost dead today. Doing a complex swap like this in the old Bronco world would have got praise, appreciation and respect from Bronco enthusiasts. Instead all I'm mostly reading is negative. I honestly have no clue why people get so up tight about their Ecoboosts. This isnt about whether the 2.7 Ecoboost is a good engine or whether your 2.3 makes more power than a 30+ year old 351 Windsor. Some of us seek out HP wars and taking platforms to the next level. This is about being creative, building something no one else has, and having power potential that FAR exceeds the 2.7 V6 capabilities. This is hotrodding.

People who are talking down about this swap do not appreciate just how complex a swap like this is. And if you have to ask "why would you do something like this", you just dont get it and this build is not for you. Also, if you think a 2.7 has the power potential that a 5.0 coyote has, you are so far from wrong. 2.7 maxes out fairly quickly in its tuning and power potential. The 5.0 coyote with a blower is double the power of what a 2.7 can do and hold. Also if you look into a built 5.0....well Ill just leave it at that as to what the power potentials are.

I for one applaud this team for taking on this task! It will be incredible hard given all the challenges of the Bronco platform. I hope they succeed and show everyone whos been negative just what being an automotive enthusiast and hotrodder is all about. There are those of us who are excited for builds like this. Keep up the great work!!

The chart that was posted earlier, one I've been looking for for a while, explains why someone might want even the supposedly anemic low end coyote, over the eco's. OFF IDLE, it's not even close, heck not even even until 2500 RPM (compared to 2.7/3.0 EB).

Some say no big deal the converter puts you at or above that RPM as soon as you step on the gas. Would be nice if it was that simple. There is still time to get from idle to that RPM and time for the turbos to spool. Some say, that time is minimal, but that is BS to the guy that is used to immediate low end torque, linear power, and repeatable power (tractable), on/off the gas over and over again (especially if attached to a manual, where you can lug it down to those low RPM if you like).

I drive a tuned 2.7 every day in something way lighter than a bronco. Great engine, but does not have throttle response of a stock coyote (and the stock coyote never had the throttle response of a bone stock carbed, mechanical throttle, 400/460).

Now imagine that off idle torque comparison chart adding in the Godzilla. Would never need more than 3000 RPM really, ever.............
Sponsored

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2017 F-350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The chart that was posted earlier, one I've been looking for for a while, explains why someone might want even the supposedly anemic low end coyote, over the eco's. OFF IDLE, it's not even close, heck not even even until 2500 RPM (compared to 2.7/3.0 EB).

Some say no big deal the converter puts you at or above that RPM as soon as you step on the gas. Would be nice if it was that simple. There is still time to get from idle to that RPM and time for the turbos to spool. Some say, that time is minimal, but that is BS to the guy that is used to immediate low end torque, linear power, and repeatable power (tractable), on/off the gas over and over again (especially if attached to a manual, where you can lug it down to those low RPM if you like).

I drive a tuned 2.7 every day in something way lighter than a bronco. Great engine, but does not have throttle response of a stock coyote (and the stock coyote never had the throttle response of a bone stock carbed, mechanical throttle, 400/460).

Now imagine that off idle torque comparison chart adding in the Godzilla. Would never need more than 3000 RPM really, ever.............
Im not going to lie, I think the coyote swap is pretty awesome. BUT, my swap would for sure be the Godzilla engine. Just dont know if the new Bronco chassis can handle that monster haha. Im actually looking at doing a Godzilla swap into my 90 Bronco currently. If my Bronco wasnt all original, I would have done it already.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Im not going to lie, I think the coyote swap is pretty awesome. BUT, my swap would for sure be the Godzilla engine. Just dont know if the new Bronco chassis can handle that monster haha. Im actually looking at doing a Godzilla swap into my 90 Bronco currently. If my Bronco wasnt all original, I would have done it already.

No doubt that would be my first choice also over the coyote. Even more torque and more important, torque curve that you can use from off idle to a decent RPM without switching gears.
You certainly want to crawl to start an obstacle, but when the crawling fails (it does a lot with heavy rigs near me), especially when you are part way up a sloppy, nasty obstacle, sometimes you want wheel speed. It's better if you get that wheel speed without even an automatic shift and it's better if you get as much as you want right now (at a certain pedal setting) and not a lot more of it without changing gas pedal position, 1-2 seconds later (like you would get when boost ramps up).

Just tired of hearing from those that just look at an ecoboost torque peak from a dyno chart and claim there is NO REASON to swap in a V-8. It may be true for 99+% of the people who buy a new bronco, as they either don't (or can't) drive with a fine enough touch on the gas pedal to make the instantaneous adjustments, a NA "larger" engine can give you. That's fine, but enough with the no one needs to do it crap.

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2017 F-350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just tired of hearing from those that just look at an ecoboost torque peak from a dyno chart and claim there is NO REASON to swap in a V-8. It may be true for 99+% of the people who buy a new bronco, as they either don't (or can't) drive with a fine enough touch on the gas pedal to make the instantaneous adjustments, a NA "larger" engine can give you. That's fine, but enough with the no one needs to do it crap.
Well said! And couldnt agree more!

Reactions: Sgm

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, this is about as close as it gets right now. ;)

Turn up the volume it is music to your ears. 😁

Holy Sh!t; 18 months for the electronics! Hopefully NTF has started working on this piece already.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Holy Sh!t; 18 months for the electronics! Hopefully NTF has started working on this piece already.
Hopefully, they are working on a way to delete a bunch of the electronics. Those of us that keep vehicles from even as late as the 80/90's, already understand this.

Sgm

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, 21 Ranger, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, hot rodding is far from dead, maybe in Jersey, but not out west where my rust free '73 has received its new power plant and loves it - ok, I do! When putting my two next to each other, running, only one sounds correct... When I had my 19 Mustang GT Premium, there was absolutely no comparison to either the 2.3L or even 2.7L I now have powering my trucks; the GT ruled!

For the record, love this new Badlands w/Squatch package!

To each his own, the foundation of freedom and choice...

NIK_8521s.JPG

OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

added this short video to origanal post:

also looks like they will be dropping a couple new videos soon.

Screenshot from their Instagram feed:
Ford Bronco Update: Supercharged V8 5.0 Coyote Engine Swap into Ford Bronco by No Traction Faction Screenshot 2022-09-11 184701

OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

braften

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco. goodbye accord, you served well
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
They better hurry up to be “first” otherwise our pathetically short attention spans will move on to other “content”
Sponsored