Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My factory fog wire harness connector looked a little than those connectors. Did Ford change them at some point? Here's what I had.

1648506299142.png
That's not the factory fog light wiring. Factory Bronco fogs use an H11 connector
Sponsored

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Even after reading page after page of how to wire fog lights to the Badlands mod bumper with Lux, I still had questions, so I thought I'd post pics for anyone else trying this. This assumes you have the factory wiring harness/plug buried in your bumper.

Remove the plastic covers over the recover points and you can easily access the factory harness connector. It's held in place by a plastic clip which is kind of a bitch to release, but keep at it from the backside and you can get it to release. I cut off the factory connector and used waterproof soldered butt connectors to splice in a new black and red wire that would reach the new Diode Dynamics fog lights. The yellow with orange stripe is the + for the driver side and the brown is + for the passenger side.
Fog light connector.jpg

Fog light connector spliced.jpg

I didn't have the proper Deutsch style wiring connectors to plug my new red and black wires into the existing Deutsch connector, so I just cut the (+ and -) wires coming out of the connector, leaving a pigtail, and used another pair of waterproof soldered butt connectors to tie the wiring together. This also allowed me to leave the existing purple wire untouched, which powers the backlights and merges with all of the other purple wires and leads to a fuse tap I added to the fuse box.
Connector modification.jpg

Wrapped wires.jpg

Tonight I'll be in Forscan enabling the settings for the new factory Fog light switch I replaced to actually make them work.

Edit to add the switch I ordered - M2DZ-11654-DA. Took about 10 days for delivery through my local dealership. I don't have an interest in rear fogs, so this one is perfect.
IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg
thank you for this

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I donā€™t understand how you got a DA switch in 10 days. Iā€™ve had one on order for over a month and I literally work at a Ford dealership. I knew my parts department was bad, but Jesus. Maybe Iā€™ll order it from somewhere else šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Came here looking for a full guide and only got half a guide :/

What determines whether or not you get the harness for the fog lights?

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's not the factory fog light wiring. Factory Bronco fogs use an H11 connector
That's what I have on my Bronco from Ford's factory. Based on the postings and research of @d2Hanover (Ford engineer whose was a big contributor of unknown details but his account & many of his posts were since deleted - rumored to be at the request of Ford) as well as my own experience with the connectors, I believe it's a EV6/EV14 connector or something with a similar name...admittedly a bit unusual of a wiring connection in the context of fogs. Worked perfectly on my factory fog connectors. Here are some pics of the factory fog connector from different angles. Others on the forum have used the same with success. And, in fact, the blank is already in the harness and you just add the appropriate pins. It does does not appear to be a H11. Maybe something changed that you came up with a different connector to be used. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 1648514575959
Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 1648514601811

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 1648514649659

https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/a...search_in_description=1&keywords=+CONN-100986

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah it's not an H11 but it's supposed to be is the thing. That's how the aftermarket kits work. I've not done this myself on my truck but i've made a few pigtails for people running our fog kits and so far nobody has come back to me to say "hey it didn't fit"

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What "rear fog" switches are you guys talking about?
[/QUOTE
Some countries have rear fog lights available/mandatory. So there is a head light switch available with both front and rear fog lights.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Came here looking for a full guide and only got half a guide :/

What determines whether or not you get the harness for the fog lights?
It stems from Ford using a one-size fits all wiring harness across it's truck lines for particular packages and the connectors happen to be there but unused on the Bronco. It's on the Lux package and I believe the High package -- another way to look at it...I believe it's there if you have the sensors in the bumper as it is reportedly part of that wiring harness.

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even after reading page after page of how to wire fog lights to the Badlands mod bumper with Lux, I still had questions, so I thought I'd post pics for anyone else trying this. This assumes you have the factory wiring harness/plug buried in your bumper.

Remove the plastic covers over the recover points and you can easily access the factory harness connector. It's held in place by a plastic clip which is kind of a bitch to release, but keep at it from the backside and you can get it to release. I cut off the factory connector and used waterproof soldered butt connectors to splice in a new black and red wire that would reach the new Diode Dynamics fog lights. The yellow with orange stripe is the + for the driver side and the brown is + for the passenger side.
Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 1648514649659

I didn't have the proper Deutsch style wiring connectors to plug my new red and black wires into the existing Deutsch connector, so I just cut the (+ and -) wires coming out of the connector, leaving a pigtail, and used another pair of waterproof soldered butt connectors to tie the wiring together. This also allowed me to leave the existing purple wire untouched, which powers the backlights and merges with all of the other purple wires and leads to a fuse tap I added to the fuse box.

Tonight I'll be in Forscan enabling the settings for the new factory Fog light switch I replaced to actually make them work.

Edit to add the switch I ordered - M2DZ-11654-DA. Took about 10 days for delivery through my local dealership. I don't have an interest in rear fogs, so this one is perfect.

Since I know you don't live too far from me, I might have to bug you to come help me do this to my rig... I'll include beer (or liquor, I'm more of a liquor drinker than beer), tunes, and if needed, cash šŸ˜†

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It stems from Ford using a one-size fits all wiring harness across it's truck lines for particular packages and the connectors happen to be there but unused on the Bronco. It's on the Lux package and I believe the High package -- another way to look at it...I believe it's there if you have the sensors in the bumper as it is reportedly part of that wiring harness.
Speaking from experience. I replaced my front and rear bumpers on my wildrak luxe. Wiring harness has 4 sensors wired with fog lights tied into the harness on the front.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Forscan Update:
I pulled the Forscan settings from this post in the massive fog lights thread. To summarize:
BdyCM Configuration
  • Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled".
  • Fog Lamp Switch - change this to "Enabled"
  • Using Front Fog With High Beam - "Allowed"
IPC
  • Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled"
BdyCM (As-Built Configuration)
  • 726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx - Change the green value to 0101
Worth noting that my Forscan extended license expired and apparently you can't renew due to the Russian/Ukranian conflict. Forscan wouldn't let me read the modules, however, I saw in another forum that you can change the date of your Windows laptop to a previous date that was within your 2 month license. That worked perfectly and allowed me to make all the changes. Fog light button works great and the icon lights up in the dash display when in use.

Here's the headlights only vs. "Everything on". By the way, I didn't think I'd love the amber backlighting as much as I do. They look awesome.
@Diode Dynamics everything, sourced from Panda Motorworks :
  • SS3 Sport Amber fogs
  • SS2 Pro white combo
  • SS2 Sport driving

Which button is the factory fog light switch? All I see are high beam notices.
Sponsored