Sponsored

V8 HEMI 392 Jeep Wrangler production model announcement teaser. Will Ford answer with V8 Bronco?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Wrangler does offer a V8 (not that I would buy one unless they fixed the lifter problems in the modern hemi series), I might hold off on a Bronco to see what they have coming with the WH. If Fiat offered an 8 with a manual transmission, I for sure won't buy a Bronco with the current engine/transmission combos. Would wait and see, years if necessary, to see what Ford offers in response. I can get other toys in the interim.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what I'm thinking. I said around $62k
Yup, most logical! I said the other day 62-65K and if Dodge wants to be competitive, 60-62K.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Guy on the JL forums said it’s going to be a $9500 option, only available on the Mojave and rubicon.

I’ll take my $1800 turbo V6 thanks.

Also LOL from the JL forums
Ford Bronco V8 HEMI 392 Jeep Wrangler production model announcement teaser. Will Ford answer with V8 Bronco? 85C0709C-2C91-482F-B581-FEFDD2CC30F8

Last edited:

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup, most logical! I said the other day 62-65K and if Dodge wants to be competitive, 60-62K.
If Jeep was smart and really wanted to stick it to Ford they would offer it for $45k to $50k.

I know they can if they wanted too. If they can sell the Challenger 392 Scat Pack for $39 to $50k depending on model and options they can sell the Jeep with the 392 for the same coin.

Sh$t would get real interesting then.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Lol not a chance. A Hellcat Challenger WAY less than that and it’s a supercharged 6.2. It will be low to mid 60’s.
Wrangler Rubicon’s already run in the 60k plus range. The only version of the wrangler getting they v8 will be rubicon based and have more upgrades than just the V8. Trying to compare the way they price a charger to wrangler with a V8 is like comparing apples to oranges.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So if the $9500 is correct, a base rubicon zero options with hard top, and the V8 will sticker at around $56,000. I don’t see any major discounts at the start, so most of them are probably going to be well into the $60K mark.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Jeep was smart and really wanted to stick it to Ford they would offer it for $45k to $50k.

I know they can if they wanted too. If they can sell the Challenger 392 Scat Pack for $39 to $50k depending on model and options they can sell the Jeep with the 392 for the same coin.

Sh$t would get real interesting then.
Man that would be quite the undercut. The Jeep is just way more than the Challenger but if Jeep did that? That would be a hot seller.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man that would be quite the undercut. The Jeep is just way more than the Challenger but if Jeep did that? That would be a hot seller.
I know they won't because Jeeps are crazy over priced and they most likely always will be. If they were smart they would because as you said they would be a hot seller for sure.

Hopefully the Bronco coming along will make them drop their prices. They've enjoyed being the only show in town long enough. And they got away with charging ridiculously high prices. Time to change your ways Jeep. Time to pay the rent.

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrangler Rubicon’s already run in the 60k plus range. The only version of the wrangler getting they v8 will be rubicon based and have more upgrades than just the V8. Trying to compare the way they price a charger to wrangler with a V8 is like comparing apples to oranges.
Sure, if you add every single option possible including hard tops, leather seats, an automatic and upgraded engine, advanced safety, cold weather, headliners, mats, grab handles etc etc etc. I just did that, every single possible option and it was 65K.

They start at 43K for a 4 door. The 392 is like a 7-8K option, Dodge might make it a special trim, who knows. But there’s no way in hell Dodge is making a 392 Jeep that starts at 70K+

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What says you Ford enthusiast?

Ford Bronco V8 HEMI 392 Jeep Wrangler production model announcement teaser. Will Ford answer with V8 Bronco? 1605551071519

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be pretty cool. Very expensive and likely a bit unbalanced, but fast and maybe a bit hard on parts? :ROFLMAO: Does it get IFS? Can you sit straight in it? Can you see out of it? Hopefully the Bronco is a more livable and enjoyable off road vehicle. Mopar can take king of the HP hill, give me King of the all around best vehicle. Biggest plus for those that want a V8 Bronco (and or Raptor?) this will push Ford to adopt the 6.8L Baby Godzilla motor.

DriversSide

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Which of the V8 engines in the Ford stable make the most sense? You have the 7.3 Godzilla which I think is just too big and bulky, the 5.0-coyote, and the 5.2-liter from the GT500/GT350. Then there's that 6.8-liter pushrod that's being made. The 5.2 makes the most sense, but will it only be available if/when they make the Warthog version?

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm interested to see what size tires they are going to run on it. Will it be the 37"s that they had on the concept model or just stick with 33"s? Maybe 35"s? Should be interesting.

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Death wobble at idle. That's what I says.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
if this has a manual trans im seriously going to punch a wall because i feel like i finally made up my mind with the bronco im going to order. this would severely change my decision making process
Sponsored