Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had a water leak in my XJ coming out the bottom of the door frame by the A piller. After spending bucks to replace the door rubber and a new windshield (needed one anyway) still leaked.

Then I got smart and took a systematic approach. Taped a bunch of garbage bags and uses blue painters tape around key points including window seals door jambs etc.

Then busted out the garden hose and soaked the outside to make sure I got the leak. Then, started at the bottom and slowly removed the bags/tape from key sections, testing each time.

Got down to the last bags that only covered the roof rails and bingo.... Water was coming in from a roof rail bolt.... $3 tube of sealant on all the bolts and the problem was solved.

My point, reproduce the isssue, then cover everything to verify you got it, then start at the BOTTOM and work your way up.

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain 20190527_085908
Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had water in my Jeep (JKU) during rainstorms. Usually, I reset the two front panels and that takes care of it. One time I got inside it after it sat for a few days, and it was pretty moldy smelling. Took the top off and let the sun bake it. I hope yours is not a big issue and that they take care of it.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t recall if they drilled or popped a plug. If they drilled, then I agree, hard to leak through steel. But aren’t the racks bolted in place? Is a gasket missing for the bolt?

Edit: I see that was answered above. I’ll go back to my armchair!
Just a lot of post at one time. Impossible to keep up with new ones when you are posting. At least you are reading the posts, unlike others who just post asking a question that was answered 100 times already. Ok, 100 is exaggerating, 98 times. ;-)

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a water leak in my XJ coming out the bottom of the door frame by the A piller. After spending bucks to replace the door rubber and a new windshield (needed one anyway) still leaked.

Then I got smart and took a systematic approach. Taped a bunch of garbage bags and uses blue painters tape around key points including window seals door jambs etc.

Then busted out the garden hose and soaked the outside to make sure I got the leak. Then, started at the bottom and slowly removed the bags/tape from key sections, testing each time.

Got down to the last bags that only covered the roof rails and bingo.... Water was coming in from a roof rail bolt.... $3 tube of sealant on all the bolts and the problem was solved.

My point, reproduce the isssue, then cover everything to verify you got it, then start at the BOTTOM and work your way up.

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain 20190527_085908
Of course it was the LAST bag! :)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Of course it was the LAST bag! :)
It literally was, and not that cliche about the last place you look.. it was the very top bag! But man I was happy when I found it because things were looking pretty down trying to chase that stupid water leak.

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ummm since it’s defective, i would gladly take it out of your hands when i get mine? I’ll even give you a soft top for it?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If there's wires ran, than thats a different story but the roof rack and the plastic cover attach to welded on brackets with studs. Theres no holes in the header for those parts.
The recent Apex NC test drive picture shows the passenger side cover off. You’re 100% correct. Studs, not holes. My bad.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t read the full thread, but if this is the first time this suggestion has been made I’m laughing inside…or crying.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven’t read the full thread, but if this is the first time this suggestion has been made I’m laughing inside…or crying.
I’ve never owned FoMoCo products before. Every Ford service center in the SLC metro area is rated like 2 stars on Yelp and google… maybe other metros have better situations

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Caught in heavy rain today with the MIC top. Water started dripping then running from passenger side airbag near windshield. Haven’t been able to troubleshoot yet.

Photo is after the water was mostly wiped off. But you’ll get the idea.

I hope it’s from the top and not the windshield.

So it has begun hope it’s nothing serious problem is if you take it to the dealer they won’t be able to do much and parts are probably scarce for the bronco

Jmo0311

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Caught in heavy rain today with the MIC top. Water started dripping then running from passenger side airbag near windshield. Haven’t been able to troubleshoot yet.

609B5EF3-2859-452C-AD31-DB35F73F0D57.jpeg

8B874A77-673C-4F7A-A7C0-74F3EC5DB19F.jpeg

Any pictures of where the top meets in that area?

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to hope that problems like this, misaligned roof modules, delamination, etc. are results of Webasto's early piss-poor manufacturing and QA, and that these faulty roofs made it out into the supply chain somehow before Webasto roofs were locked down. I sure hope that the body color painted modular roof that's supposed to be available next year has all the bugs worked out. Will just have to live with the soft top on my OBX Sasquatch until then... whenever it gets delivered. 🤞
You do know that the modular roof won't be available next year right? Earliest it will be available is 2023.
Sponsored