Sponsored

What accessories do you plan on getting?

RavenousHokie

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford EScape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tube doors. Slide out tail gate. But I bet when I see the offerings I’ll want much more.

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• tube fenders and roll cage or an exo
  • actual rock sliders
  • custom front and rear 1/4" steel bumpers
  • dual battery
  • air compressor
  • pneumatic tools
  • wheel bladder for full beadlocks
  • rock lights
  • warn winch
  • cb
  • light bar

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First will be Wet Okoles for the front seat and Goose Gear rear seat delete for the back seats.

Once the after market has caught up I'll get real frame mounted sliders and plan for Fox 2.5 coilovers on all four corners.

I'll add some lights, but not just sure what will be first. I'd guess some pods for the rear and a couple round LEDS up front. Don't think I want a light bar for this one. Pods on the mirror mounts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blitzinger

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe not, those yeti goal zero power packs are pretty cool. Just nice not to have to remember to charge something
First will be Wet Okoles for the front seat and Goose Gear rear seat delete for the back seats.

Once the after market has caught up I'll get real frame mounted sliders and plan for Fox 2.5 coilovers on all four corners.

I'll add some lights, but not just sure what will be first. I'd guess some pods for the rear and a couple round LEDS up front. Don't think I want a light bar for this one. Pods on the mirror mounts.
I'm glad you brought up the aspect of aftermarket catching up. I'm curious what pricing for those parts will be compared to Fords. For those like me who are buying base with plans to add on over time, I'm wondering if the best option will be directly from Ford or if we'll see competition from brands like Goose Gear. If Ford senses that this will happen, it would be smart to offer day one discounts of 15-20% if you buy accessories on day of delivery and add it to a finance package.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm glad you brought up the aspect of aftermarket catching up. I'm curious what pricing for those parts will be compared to Fords. For those like me who are buying base with plans to add on over time, I'm wondering if the best option will be directly from Ford or if we'll see competition from brands like Goose Gear. If Ford senses that this will happen, it would be smart to offer day one discounts of 15-20% if you buy accessories on day of delivery and add it to a finance package.

I think Ford will have good prices and selection for things that are more for looks or light duty, but anything that requires good steel and welding, or just better than average, I think Ford will gladly let the aftermarket have. Those items for Ford will be low demand with low profit margin.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, the first thing I want is an extra set of doors with openings (or tubular). I want at least one other option but not sure which to go with yet.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford will have good prices and selection for things that are more for looks or light duty, but anything that requires good steel and welding, or just better than average, I think Ford will gladly let the aftermarket have. Those items for Ford will be low demand with low profit margin.
And continuing to think that way, in waiting for the aftermarket to catch up:

It will be tempting to cheaply acquire and install only a few things that might end up being replaced when the aftermarket is more robust. The pod lights are a good example, or Rigids that can be repurposed in a different spot (bumper, maybe) for the minimal price of some new mounting hardware. We may be waiting well over a year for not just the aftermarket options to be available, but for supplies to even out.

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

-Tailgate Table
-Winch
-Tow Package
-Performance Tune

However I may drop the tune and winch

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am considering these to get me what I need, at least until the list comes out and quadruples it:

Those small rigid lights near the mirrors
winch
2 bike hitch rack
2DR bimini/mesh shade top
that tailgate folding table
the big red button

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stock Big Bend - solar panels, roof top tent, fridge, portable power station, gopro, air compressor, toolkit, first aid kit/survival kit, awning, camping gear... this could get to be a long list. Loadout depends on the trip I'm taking. Been watching a lot of overland youtubes, get lots of good ideas.
Sponsored