Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The “GAUGE” page in the digital panel is terrific. I can’t hardly believe that coolest temperature and oil pressure are not included in this display page.

I guess oil pressure in indicated with an idiot light. Perhaps that’s better since it is on or off.
As long as you meant to write "horrific" instead of "terrific" I 100% agree. There is easily enough room for two more gouges below the three already in there. I also wouldn't mind fuel economy and boost on the same page too.
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I knew what the bars meant but here’s a related question maybe one of you can answer.

One of the dash screens offers an engine oil temp reading. Functionally what is the usefulness of that vs the coolant temp? Are they pretty much correlated or no?

RPMImages

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black diamond, 67 Bronco, 65 Mustang, Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Flux capacitor temperature indicator

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the legit answers. As for the other question, I was driving before you were in diapers, although most of my vehicles have real gauges instead of silly bars over the indicator.
You didnt help your case…lol

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s actually a legit question with what was posted.
I've asked many a very basic ("dumb") question to make sure I haven't overlooked some basic matter. It's a false pride to just nod your head so people think you're understanding...when you don't. Example: I only recently learned that the bead ring on my Sasquatch tires is purely ornamental. Now I have to get a genuine off-road performance ring! (And to think that some people go to great expense improving their appearance!)

A serious thought for the O.P: On the right steering column you ca go through your gauges, and get a display for coolant/oil temp/electrical output. Right next to that, in sequence, you ca display your four tire pressures. Since they're right next to each other in sequence, when I'm off-road I like to have those two (instead of, say, mileage) on display so I can quickly check these vital functions. I just arrow-up or arrow-down, and I know how my truck is behaving.
The line dashes give you a visual at-a-glance readout of your coolant (not water!) temperature.

O.P: Keep asking questions, and keep playing with your dash controls. You'll figure it all out!

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A better question is what is the purpose of that whole display? It shows the speed but who looks at it when the speed is more clearly designated in digital format to the right of that. I’ve been wishing for a software update that makes a more logical layout of the gauges on the Bronco dash. (I also believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny.). 😁

Reactions: gdp

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same guy that designed the tach was also tasked with designing the temp gauge. When asked about it post design, he said it looked cool on GTA, so why not on a real vehicle. He plans to test it himself once he gets a license.

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Explorer has the same gauge. We had a customer send us a picture of the gauge and said her car keeps overheating because the gauge has red on it.