Sponsored

When will Bronco become a real threat to Jeep?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would appear the Bronco has officially intimidated the competition and that benefits the entire segment.
FORD GUYS...quit using the term "competition". XJ=gone K5=LONG gone Samurai=long long gone. It's JL and variants...that's the ONLY competition

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im curious about the rental fleets. There are about 10,000 JLs for rent on the islands here as Im sure there are in some other places aswell. Also since covid all those JLs are sitting in a field by the airport getting moldy and dirty, so some companies may try to replace some once buisness is back. I would love to see more Broncos out here as tourist rides, and from a comfort vacation perspective the ifs may be more attractive.
We rented a JLU in St. Martin last year and I guess it had water damage from the hurricane. The headlights had been replaced with some LEDs, but it wouldn't switch from high to low.

I think FCA will consider the first year's sales as "hype". If the Bronco turns out to more reliable, then I think Ford will have a problem.

D.Hess

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm one of those that was in line for a Jeep, but just couldn't get the combo I wanted...then along came the Bronco.
I have been to the Jeep dealership over 10 times in the past month. The 2021 configurator hasn't been online and I just had a code sheet to go by. I was adamant about NOT having an eTorque motor, they just can't be upgraded with aftermarket performance upgrades (supercharger) and the HP out of the box just wasn't enough for my taste. If they would have let me order the JLUR with 3.6L w/auto and no eTorque, the deal would have been done 2 weeks ago.
I do like the refined interior on the Bronco and it really checks more boxes for me. I want "rugged" on the outside, luxury on the inside. It will definitely be going off-road and getting dirty but I like to be comfortable while doing it. Not sure I like the off road modes...I prefer a good "old fashioned" manual transfer case with a chain drive.
To me what Jeep still has over the Bronco is a front axel and suspension articulation. I wouldn't be going back and forth right now if Ford would have made that jump.

Sponsored

Sharpgt

Wildtrak
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford GT. Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m a Ford guy but also a Jeep owner and was waiting for the 2021 configurator to go online to order a new JLU. I knew the Bronco was coming out but did not think it would interest me, as I recalled the later Bronco’s and thought this one would also be lame. I couldn’t have been more wrong! I couldn’t order a Bronco fast after the Reveal. Occasionally I like being wrong! LOL

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IFS is not a bug, it's a feature. As the engineers said in the Jalopnik article, once you hit FIVE mph, the Bronco is better at EVERYTHING on and off road. If anything, the Wrangler can't compete with the Bronco, because it does exactly one thing well in comparison. I've spent plenty of time in the desert in my 4Runner and have never thought articulation was holding me back. Ground clearance and tires are a much bigger problem. And the IFS gets a lot of talk, but coilovers all around with piggyback resi's is a big deal.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IFS is not a bug, it's a feature. As the engineers said in the Jalopnik article, once you hit FIVE mph, the Bronco is better at EVERYTHING on and off road. If anything, the Wrangler can't compete with the Bronco, because it does exactly one thing well in comparison. I've spent plenty of time in the desert in my 4Runner and have never thought articulation was holding me back. Ground clearance and tires are a much bigger problem. And the IFS gets a lot of talk, but coilovers all around with piggyback resi's is a big deal.
Good for you, but we don't all live in the desert. Look I'm not saying I don't like anything about the new bronco...there's a lot to like. I just didn't want a 4runner. I didn't want a miniraptor. Before 1997 I DIDN'T WANT A JEEP EITHER! I wanted a Bronco like my previous 2! Ford alienated ME as a customer back then. If they want me back they should know what I want. If my opinion is the minority then it makes perfect business sense to tell me to "get bent...go buy a jeep!" Is that what the bronco program is about? 25 years ago Ford told me I'm not a good customer and now they are saying that again? I guess the more things change the more they stay the same!

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I WHEEL MY SHIT! And I will sure as hell wheel my 2021! If it's junk I will mount 235/75/15 firestones on it and trade it in on a rubicon POST HASTE!

ps...DONT HAVE A NUMBER BUT MORE RUBICONS ROCK CRAWL THAN RAPTORS!
I’d sure hope so given the Raptor isn’t designed to rock crawl...

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“25 years ago Ford told me I'm not a good customer and now they are saying that again”

Maybe they are just GOOD juDgEs of CHARACTER?

who knows? who cares?

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please tell me you work for Ford in the marketing department?

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good for you, but we don't all live in the desert. Look I'm not saying I don't like anything about the new bronco...there's a lot to like. I just didn't want a 4runner. I didn't want a miniraptor. Before 1997 I DIDN'T WANT A JEEP EITHER! I wanted a Bronco like my previous 2! Ford alienated ME as a customer back then. If they want me back they should know what I want. If my opinion is the minority then it makes perfect business sense to tell me to "get bent...go buy a jeep!" Is that what the bronco program is about? 25 years ago Ford told me I'm not a good customer and now they are saying that again? I guess the more things change the more they stay the same!
Ford is not telling you or customers like you to get bent, they're trying to convince you they've made a better product and you're stomping your feet instead of listening.
Sponsored