DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
whether I end up with the 2.3 or 2.7, it will be modified to make more power. Necessary? nope. Fun as hell? Yes indeed. Always fun to add more power whether a car or 4x4. These Broncos arent for being practical anyway so have some fun.

That F150 making over 500 whp does quarter mile in 12.3@ 113. That’s very fast for a 5000lb truck. It’s faster than most cars on the road.

Lots of high power aftermarket 2.3 Mustang Ecoboost builds as well as 2.7 F150 online. There will likely be a huge aftermarket for the Bronco. The potential to add power to these factory turbo engines is a main reason I would buy one over Jeep with with an NA 3.6.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dodge Challenger Scat packs weight over 4k pounds and they have rear wheel drive and only 485hp and they get into the 11s.

This Bronco with a twin turbo 6 and 540 hp to the wheels and 4 wheel drive I'm thinking will be a lot faster. And Ford made it so you can unbolt a lot of parts very easily which means you can make it even lighter.
I would say 12s are easily attainable with that setup, but you always need to look at the cross-section of the vehicle. You need to push that through the air; height always kills MPG, speed and acceleration.

I think it'll take at least the 540 to knock on the door of 11s maybe more, but I look forward to the YouTube videos!

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
How about keep the sasquatch with 2.7 and make it hot rod ?
Because the Bigger tires would suck the power. Now that would a great powerful off road set up. But not a Hot Rod.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would say 12s are easily attainable with that setup, but you always need to look at the cross-section of the vehicle. You need to push that through the air; height always kills MPG, speed and acceleration.

I think it'll take at least the 540 to knock on the door of 11s maybe more, but I look forward to the YouTube videos!
I agree but I think using the Base Model with the least amount of accessories and the lower height on smaller wheels would help. The 2 door doesn't look like a really big Vehicle. Its pretty compact.

If you look at the Wide Body Challenger that thing is a big brick and it only has rear wheel dive and still with power achieves some pretty good times. I think the Broncos 4 wheel drive will make up the difference in lack of aerodynamics.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree but I think using the Base Model with the least amount of accessories and the lower height on smaller wheels would help. The 2 door doesn't look like a really big Vehicle. Its pretty compact.

If you look at the Wide Body Challenger that thing is a big brick and it only has rear wheel dive and still with power achieves some pretty good times. I think the Broncos 4 wheel drive will make up the difference in lack of aerodynamics.
The 4wd will help 0-60 for sure, but how fast we can get this brick with wheels over a quarter-mile is a big question mark for me. I will watch every YouTube video, though, so maybe this will get a forum section of it's own if it becomes popular enough to drag your Bronco.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A 'Lightning' edition Bronco!
I'm a gear head, have a garage full of musclecars and even stroked my 2001 XJ Cherokee from 4.0 to 4.6. A Bronco is sure to get tweaked.
I'm concerned about the open rear end on the Base for performance street driving. Some sort of traction control would be very welcome, even a limited slip rear.

AKaye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport, 2005 Ford Focus SES
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not going to hotrod it but definitely going to modify it. Tuning, intake, exhaust, and shifter. I didn't want to bring up lowering a bronco because I thought I would be crucified on here. If it can be done tastefully then I may consider it.

I feel like I may regret jumping on the 2.3 with the manual if they do wind up offering the 2.7 with the manual next model year but I'm not sure I can wait lol

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does ford even make the 2.7 in the f150 with a manual? Naw....I don’t think so. I think the 2.7 twin turbo with bigger turbos and down pipes and a good tune will be epic like that f150....plenty of power for a bronco. You don’t need a manual transmission in this setup....you would want an auto but it would be cool somebody will probably do it. There are people trying to put a manual transmission in a C8 so anything is possible.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd love to see a Bronco blow the doors off a few ricers :). I wont be going this route but I will be looking to upgrade the Badlands Sasquatch with some BPU Chip, Intake, downpipe and exhaust. Ill need the extra Torque, Horse power when I add the 2" lift with 37".

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i was thinking something like this, but i am learning how to drive a manual, so i don't know if the extra $3,000+ for the 2.7 is really worth it for me anymore
Not sure where you got that price from....
$5500 difference (CDN) gets you modular top, painted mirrors and flares, LED fogs, mid options package, Co-Pilot 360, trail control goodies, 2.7L motor and 10 speed and Squatch.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Power is useless without the ability to corner or brake

It's just a one trick pony

If I want a hotrod SUV I'll buy a macan S instead. Sure it's kinda just a lifted hot hatch but that thing can do it all on road.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does ford even make the 2.7 in the f150 with a manual? Naw....I don’t think so. I think the 2.7 twin turbo with bigger turbos and down pipes and a good tune will be epic like that f150....plenty of power for a bronco. You don’t need a manual transmission in this setup....you would want an auto but it would be cool somebody will probably do it. There are people trying to put a manual transmission in a C8 so anything is possible.
Yeah in this build I would want the Auto. For Off Roading i would like the Manual. But if I'm going to the Drag Strip 10 speed Auto all day.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Power is useless without the ability to corner or brake

It's just a one trick pony

If I want a hotrod SUV I'll buy a macan S instead. Sure it's kinda just a lifted hot hatch but that thing can do it all on road.
Where talking about Hot Roding and Drad racing in a straight line. Not competing on the Nurburgring in Germany. ?

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
slap on some chrome wheels and blammo, instant hot rod.

bonus points for swapping bumpers for chrome counterparts and installing at least a chrome tip exhaust.

7qMh.gif
Sponsored