Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For the record im probably not going this route. Or am I? Really its just another option to drive myself crazy thinking about. ?

Let's see. Im either going

1) Base + Sasquatch

2) Black Diamond

3) Base + Hot Rod 2.7+ Auto + Tune

Ahhhhhhh...??
You and I have been tracking the same choices: Optioned up Base, Basesquatch or Black Diamond. I need some significant off road ability so I'm still in the tall tire mode, but..

If it'll work for you a Rodded Base will be the least expensive option, 2.7/Auto is all you need in options, maybe $32K. Even a Black one with some after market color highlights (purple or dare I say flames?) and low profile tires/dressy wheels and you're ready. Low profile tires would even make the standard 3.73's good. You could keep the steelies and 30's for winter.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
You and I have been tracking the same choices: Optioned up Base, Basesquatch or Black Diamond. I need some significant off road ability so I'm still in the tall tire mode, but..

If it'll work for you a Rodded Base will be the least expensive option, 2.7/Auto is all you need in options, maybe $32K. Even a Black one with some after market color highlights (purple or dare I say flames?) and low profile tires/dressy wheels and you're ready. Low profile tires would even make the standard 3.73's good. You could keep the steelies and 30's for winter.
Its tempting. If I did go that route I wouldn't go as far as low profile tires or anything like that. I would still want the Off Road capability. You can go Hot Rod without getting silly. I think the thing that would prevent me from going this route would be without Sasquatch you cant get a rear Locker on the Base. At least as of now anyway.

So with that in mind my number one plan is still to go Base + Sasquatch. My personal main goal is to get back out into the Outdoors and start exploring again like I use too. So I'll be getting deep into adventure Off Roading and Camping.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with what you said except the chrome. As far as the Manual unfortunately in this case its not available with the 2.7 twin turbo. Also if we're talking Drag racing you definitely want the Auto for the fastest times anyways. Sure i love shifting a manual. When I had my Challenger Scat Pack I bought it in manual. So I definitely get it. Just doesn't apply here unfortunately.
Yeah having a manual or auto isnt really about going the absolute fastest. Racing as a sport is about classes. You got turbo, NA, street tire, slick, vintage. No reason why a stick shift is any different. An auto is only about the car being faster, but the with a manual its about the driver and the car being faster. Besides an manual is always a faster as long as it has more horsepower! As for the chrome. I like just the bumpers, or just the lettering. maybe the mirrors. I also never get window tint, because I want other drivers to see what I'm doing. I think something is lost when a car is totally blacked out. On the other hand if I ever had to run from the man or something like that because I decided to become an outlaw, I would totally black it out right along with flip down plates and brake light switches.

Really I just like to go fast and have fun. If I had the money I would buy a 2.7 and put a Tremec Tranzilla 6 speed in it and a twin stick atlas T-case. Maybe a base 2 door on Weld Outlaws with 275 series tires. Fiberglass bumpers, tube doors and a cut down fastback cage. Maybe run a tailgate net too for weight.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I might do some stuff to pull some more horsepower, but there is no way in hell I am lowering my bronco. I like the idea that I can go fast and still sit above most drivers on the road.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't know. Should be interesting. But tuned will be an entirely different ball game all together.
Probably a good comparison to the Bronco, I think the stock F150 does 0-60 in about 6 seconds and quarter mile in just over 14 seconds @ almost 100 mph. That’s moving for an almost 5000lb truck and to put in perspective is almost as quick as my 2003 350z was In stock form.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wondering how the 2.7 with auto is going to be on the street traction-wise..... Powerbraking with 15+ pounds of boost and launching it. The 4wd isn't meant for dry street use unless you go for the optional 'Auto 4wd' which uses a clutch to engage the front diff. And if there's a traction control, it'll use brakes to prevent wheel spin..... that's not ideal for low ET's!
An aftermarket limited slip in the rear may be a necessity. Thoughts?
Sponsored