First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best maybe not. Cheapest capable rig out there for sure. I would be satisfied with it.
Sponsored

Lurking4luv

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw gti, Nissan frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not too me, at least not the 2-door. I want to get back to basics, and this is perfect for me.

I’ll run the highway tires from Granger in Iowa back to my home in Idaho, and then swap over some slightly taller all-terrains.
i have the same plan, love the simple look and with a taller tire it will have an old school look.

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can you explain how the remote start can be purchased separately through the app ?
You can download the Fordpass app on your phone, and connect it to your car by putting in you vin # and whatnot. Once your car and phone are connected you can do all sorts of things with the app, including remote start, lock/unlock, check oil levels, tire pressure, vehicle location etc.

The remote start you pay for with the mid pkg, is on your keyfob. Which is cool, but not a total deal breaker without it because of Fordpass.

To add to that... people don't realize how much is actually included in the Base. Sneaky stuff that you might have to dig to find

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Almost... just missing the advanced 4x4
why do you need advanced 4WD? It’s quick switch/button while moving. If it snowy or icy, keep it in 4 Hi.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

why do you need advanced 4WD? It’s quick switch/button while moving. If it snowy or icy, keep it in 4 Hi.
I just like the security of knowing it will do it for me in the whole year when needed the most. When off road I can obviously do it but when on snow and ice thought it would be a key feature to have

Sponsored

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just like the security of knowing it will do it for me in the whole year when needed the most. When off road I can obviously do it but when on snow and ice thought it would be a key feature to have
That’s fair. I once had an auto-4WD system (Exploder) and I felt it was jerky or too reactive for the situation. Horses for courses...

bronconitis

Badlands
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You aren't off. Best value off roader. For me I was sniffing around the lux SUV market before this dropped. I'm not sure your age but I'm 50's looking to retire soon. I would like to explore off roading but I may just end up having some beers and decide to drive over the ditch in my front yard so this thing gets some suspension travel. I like the capabilities but want some upgrades. Love the way this looks. I may be wanting a Wrangler and Audi Q7 that had one hell of a night together. You will probably be more satisfied with that build. I'm probably not going to come close to using the potential and falling short of creature comforts. Oh well I'm still going to do it.
That's so good (coming from a 50's-on-the-high-end). Go lux.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m guess it’s a lot different than AWD vehicles ? I’ve never had auto 4x4 but only driven AWD

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Bronco XLT 5.0 "Mando"
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Advanced 4x4 has lower gearing in the low range of the transfer case (3.06:1 vs 2.72:1). Makes a bigger difference than the differential gears.

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Advanced 4x4 has lower gearing in the low range of the transfer case (3.06:1 vs 2.72:1). Makes a bigger difference than the differential gears.
Well, that makes a difference then. Thanks for the clarification!

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been base the entire time but today I'm thinking black diamond so who knows.....

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Honda Accord, 18’ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fiddled with the idea of getting a basesquatch. No CG takes me out of it. Then I get to BBsquatch, then I add the signature lights and mid and all of a sudden I’m in badlands territory.

Broncohitis

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed, it's all based on intended usage. We were putting in almost 700 miles every weekend in a six speed manual (I was the driver). I am incredibly excited to get the lux package and be able to sit back and let the vehicle do the boring stretches of the highways here in Washington. I couldn't be more excited for the Bronco - we'll see if the tech mixes well with the offroading capabilities. So, for us - the base doesn't make sense. Honestly, I'd seriously consider the BD if they offered more tech options.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why don't people consider base with sasquatch and modular bumper comes with bash plates. And get brush gaurd and rock rails for like 37500. You will have a badass off-road machine.
cloth interior only, limited color choices, only standard package.
Sponsored