Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Your mechanic is charging too much. My repairs always are about $600 or less. That includes my old 2003 F250 diesel with the fun egr issue. Whenever my charge is less than $600 for something, I make this joke. Fun times.
Mine were always $450 until last year, front end work on my '05 LJ Rubicon $2000!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just dropped $2k+ into my 18 year old Tacoma, leaking shocks and a service. So now it has new shocks. That was also the most expensive repair over it's 18 year life. Other was around $100 for a small s shaped hose that somehow prevented me from passing smog.
Well worth it, this truck is going to leave with my son going off to college this year. He grew up in this truck from day one :)

I hope the Bronco will hold up at least half as long, with all the computers and sensors nowadays I don't really expect to see a 'today' car still working in 30 years. Unless some cottage industry pops up that rebuilds/refurbishes/manufactures components.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

since I reserved my DD has needed new valve cover gaskets and 3 different ~$100 sensors replaced. Could use new tires but unless one gives out I refuse to replace them.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The best part is we also have a few BMW vehicles (older cars and motorcycles).

Bring
More
Wallet
I always thought it was “Bring Money With-ya”

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Excursion has been awesome. Going on 11 years of ownership and 50k miles total of $3800 or so in repairs and bigger maintenance.

My stuff is all pretty old but is all cheap to run, not much in the way of repairs. Keeping it all too when the Bronco arrives. Nice thing is it's never an emergency if one is down for a day or two.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$900? You got off lucky.

My Jeep Wrangler estimate from this week is $2,800.00
I found a small AC shop that has been around for decades. They have 2 old chain smoking guys that probably weight 190 lbs between them, that know car ACs inside-out. New compressor on a Toyota cost me right at $900. AC is definitely not something you want a dealer working on, they are expensive. Good luck.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just dropped $2k+ into my 18 year old Tacoma, leaking shocks and a service. So now it has new shocks. That was also the most expensive repair over it's 18 year life. Other was around $100 for a small s shaped hose that somehow prevented me from passing smog.
Well worth it, this truck is going to leave with my son going off to college this year. He grew up in this truck from day one :)

I hope the Bronco will hold up at least half as long, with all the computers and sensors nowadays I don't really expect to see a 'today' car still working in 30 years. Unless some cottage industry pops up that rebuilds/refurbishes/manufactures components.
You’re lucky if it holds up 9yrs prob free. That’s unicorn shit. Your Toyota? Probably the best, most reliable, model vehicle in the past 40yrs

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
$900? You got off lucky.

My Jeep Wrangler estimate from this week is $2,800.00
$2800? You got off lucky.

Just took my GTR in for its major maintenance appt.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine were always $450 until last year, front end work on my '05 LJ Rubicon $2000!
Must need everything? That’s a job to do yourself maybe? Nice part when it needs it all, other than the ball joints, you are dealing with all new parts, nor rust or bent stuff, just eyeball, install and take it to the alignment shop.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Must need everything? That’s a job to do yourself maybe? Nice part when it needs it all, other than the ball joints, you are dealing with all new parts, nor rust or bent stuff, just eyeball, install and take it to the alignment shop.
Tape measure the front of the tires 1/8th” closer at the front versus the rear of the tires (toe in) first... had a friend end up in a ditch using the guesstimate technique... lol

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

every time a new vehicle is being introduced to the family stable, the one that your dependent on as a daily driver need's another $900.00 bucks in repair?

2000 Excursion A/C pumped out the coldest air until yesterday and the E-Brake release snapped a cable.

SMH

C'mon FORD let's get these things built.
If you're lucky, the AC problem is under the hood. If you had foggy stuff blowing out of the dash vents, you'll need a new evaporator, which will require your whole dash be taken out. If they are replacing the evaporator, have them replace the heater core at the same time since they have already ripped the whole dash out. (Done this both on a 08 and 00 Wrangler in the last few years.)

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tape measure the front of the tires 1/8th” closer at the front versus the rear of the tires (toe in) first... had a friend end up in a ditch using the guesstimate technique... lol
I forgot, it's a Jeep, always 1/8' of steering away from going into a ditch 😉

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I found a small AC shop that has been around for decades. They have 2 old chain smoking guys that probably weight 190 lbs between them, that know car ACs inside-out. New compressor on a Toyota cost me right at $900. AC is definitely not something you want a dealer working on, they are expensive. Good luck.
Dang, you just reminded me, the AC on the old Escape went out last fall. Not much of an issue in Wisconsin during the winter sans the defroster. But summer...... might need to request more simulated simulated money! :cool:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You’re lucky if it holds up 9yrs prob free. That’s unicorn shit. Your Toyota? Probably the best, most reliable, model vehicle in the past 40yrs
My Escape is 16 years old and only 120k miles but has been trouble free for the most part. I really can’t complain but I’m willing to b$#%h about it. Worse part is the salt cancer on the rear quarters and inner fenders. Radiation won’t cure that.
Sponsored