Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Escape is 16 years old and only 120k miles but has been trouble free for the most part. I really can’t complain but I’m willing to b$#%h about it. Worse part is the salt cancer on the rear quarters and inner fenders. Radiation won’t cure that.
Ford seems reliable. My 2014 GMC Sierra? Already spent $10k on it and that includes a tranny replacement. 6l80 is crap. So I should be good to go unless coil pack or engine goes out. I’ll be getting MY22 so I’ll get to see what comes of GMC Jimmy. It’ll be Bronco competitor. However without a manual T there is no competition.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Vehicles for the most part are way more reliable these days than 50 years ago. Yes, it was easier and cheaper to fix them but you were doing it way more often. Warranties are way longer now and you basically never have to go under the hood except for air filters and bug juice.

edit: I’ve own mostly Fords over the past 30 years so maybe they are an exception. My wife favors Honda’s and I’ve never been wrenching under the hood on any of her last three over 30years. Accord, Civic, and HRV.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Vehicles for the most part are way more reliable these days than 50 years ago. Yes, it was easier and cheaper to fix them but you were doing it way more often. Warranties are way longer now and you basically never have to go under the hood except for air filters and bug juice.

edit: I’ve own mostly Fords over the past 30 years so maybe they are an exception. My wife favors Honda’s and I’ve never been wrenching under the hood on any of her last three over 30years. Accord, Civic, and HRV.
Warranties I wouldn’t exactly say are longer. In the 80s (89 was a warranty war) 3yr 50k mi bumper to bumper. Dropped bumper to bumper to 36k mi with 100k warranty on drivetrain which normally lasts that long. So in essence we should have 100k bumper to bumper. Nah you gotta pay for that and idk if you can get bump to bump 100k? Waste of money for sure

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Warranties I wouldn’t exactly say are longer. In the 80s (89 was a warranty war) 3yr 50k mi bumper to bumper. Dropped bumper to bumper to 36k mi with 100k warranty on drivetrain which normally lasts that long. So in essence we should have 100k bumper to bumper. Nah you gotta pay for that and idk if you can get bump to bump 100k? Waste of money for sure
Sorry, I was thinking longer ago than the late eighties. That seemed like yesterday. I’m talking 60’s and 70’s. 12 months was as good as it got and you didn’t start getting calls after 10 months. No running train insurance wanted to touch a car back then. That in itself speaks to the reliability. People selling extended warranties are not doing it because they are nice and want to help you.

Last edited:

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Im safe from the boating itch... but my Father-in-law owns and builds airplanes.

LET ME TELL YOU
Boats are bad...Airplanes are much worse.... men... boys... price of toys!

DrewM

Outer Banks
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JKU Sahara, '12 IS350, '79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right there with you. My IS350 is in right now. Left rear wheel bearing is shot, right side is on the way out and the right rear caliper pin is frozen so I get to do a bonus brake job. The wallet is now $1,900 lighter.

On the bright side, in the 9 years and 165,000 miles that I've owned it it hasn't cost me much more than oil, brakes and tires to run.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm just hopeing the Shit trac holds together for 6 months,just replaced rear axle seals rotors,calipers pads,park shoes,rh front wheel brg,lh valve cover.good thing i get parts at cost and do my own work as parts was about 7-800 bucks.Then to top it off the rh valve cover started leaking yesterday.:mad::mad:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Must need everything? That’s a job to do yourself maybe? Nice part when it needs it all, other than the ball joints, you are dealing with all new parts, nor rust or bent stuff, just eyeball, install and take it to the alignment shop.
I do 90% of my own work, but it needed ball joints and don't have a press so....one thing led to another and...

Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wheel hub bearing assemblies on the rear of my 2011 Cadillac CTS. Currently on day 2 of trying to pop them out. Prolly going to put it back together, take it to a shop and pay the pro.

Cost for self install: $200, 2 days lost, busted knuckles.
Cost for pro install: $1400

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do 90% of my own work, but it needed ball joints and don't have a press so....one thing led to another and...
It seems like everything requires a special tool these days too. Last time I did brakes on my Edge, it need a special caliper tool. Advanced loaned me the tool, but it was still a PITA to go get it, figure out how to use it and return it. Saved me about $150 and I probably got better parts for the $ than most shops would charge.

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just put a complete AC system in my 1990 F250 for $415.00. I mean everything. Compressor, condenser, receiver/dryer, evaporator, high press line and low pressure line. Search YouTube, shop Amazon, do it yourself, and save some cash

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just picked up my Tacoma from the shop for some minor stuff, so I 100% feel ya.

I recently decided to sell my rig and switch it up now. It just needs a new windshield & a proper wash, then I’m going to sell it.

I think my plan to sell my Tacoma could be a symptom of the “Bronco delay anxiety” but whatever. It’s time to switch it up. Don’t worry, the Bronco plan remains unchanged.
Sponsored