Sponsored

Why so many Outerbanks available for sale at dealerships?

TKE_273

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi Allroad, Lowered on KW Coilovers
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think Ford assumed OBX would target the more interior and exterior luxury, non-off-road buyers. But when they removed some of the options that made Wildtrak unique, many of us realized an optioned up OBX with SAS (add modular bumper, 2.7L, high or lux package, aux switches basically) gave us a luxury Wildtrak with side step, paint matched mirrors and handles, and better seat and interior options, minus a stupid Wildtrak sticker. I switched from WT to OBX to do this and know tons of others who did as well. I bet it left them with a ton of mall princess builds, which are 2.3 soft tops with mid package.
This is exactly why I went with an OBX Sasquatch. I'm not a rock crawler and can live without the sway bar disconnect, but I did want F&R lockers, painted door handles and mirror caps, and the roast interior is the best option IMO!

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congrats! How long did you have to wait from when the order was placed?
Well...........

Long story short, it's a brand new used one. Has 300 miles. I saw it, they were asking for a $5K ADM, I said no. Then they said $3K ADM, I said no. They said they'd sell it to somebody else. I said go ahead, I'm in no hurry! They called me back 2 days later, and said "last offer, $2K ADM". I said sold! LOL!​

I've already ordered a ton of stuff, and being in the heart of off road country, I'll be getting a whole lot more. And I'll start a build thread.

Reason I got this one is because it's Velocity Blue, and matches my Raptor, I love that color!
Ford Bronco Why so many Outerbanks available for sale at dealerships? 20211001_121235

Sponsored

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well...........

Long story short, it's a brand new used one. Has 300 miles. I saw it, they were asking for a $5K ADM, I said no. Then they said $3K ADM, I said no. They said they'd sell it to somebody else. I said go ahead, I'm in no hurry! They called me back 2 days later, and said "last offer, $2K ADM". I said sold! LOL!​

I've already ordered a ton of stuff, and being in the heart of off road country, I'll be getting a whole lot more. And I'll start a build thread.

Reason I got this one is because it's Velocity Blue, and matches my Raptor, I love that color!
Ford Bronco Why so many Outerbanks available for sale at dealerships? 20211001_121235
That’s awesome that you found one on a lot with Sasquatch! May I do what the total price was? Just curious. Congrats!

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s awesome that you found one on a lot with Sasquatch! May I do what the total price was? Just curious. Congrats!
Roughly $63K. Sticker was $60.9. So $62.9, of course you still have to add tax, license, registration.

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know why there are so many Outerbanks becoming available for sale at dealerships? Here in Wichita Kansas 2 dealerships are getting 25-35 Outerbanks 4 drs and a few Black Diamonds and selling them at MSRP
Bottom line is the economy is crashing. The warning signs are everywhere, but everyone is still in denial.

Gatorgirl38

Black Diamond
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I spoke with my local dealer here in NWFL and they are charging $15k above MSRP for orders coming in that are not picked up by original buyers. Absolutely crazy and so frustrating but that is supply and demand for you. :(

Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't read every response. My opinion is the OBX is more of what Ford sees as a middle and upper-middle opportunity for mass production that has fewer materials constrains and that they cand deliver to dealers to keep their production numbers up to meet sales goals. Not sure why this seems to be a surprise or question by anyone.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought a dealer stock 2dr OBX almost exactly a year ago. The only option was the 4.27 rear end. Was AMB, great color. Totally enjoyed it and sold it when my BL arrived. The first thing I changed were the wheels and tires. Can't stand the OBX wheels and minivan tires.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think Ford assumed OBX would target the more interior and exterior luxury, non-off-road buyers. But when they removed some of the options that made Wildtrak unique, many of us realized an optioned up OBX with SAS (add modular bumper, 2.7L, high or lux package, aux switches basically) gave us a luxury Wildtrak with side step, paint matched mirrors and handles, and better seat and interior options, minus a stupid Wildtrak sticker. I switched from WT to OBX to do this and know tons of others who did as well. I bet it left them with a ton of mall princess builds, which are 2.3 soft tops with mid package.
Ill take my fox shocks and beefed up steering thank you very much.

FoCoBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, X3, MDX, Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Saw a local guy driving his Outerbanks the other day. I was surprised to see the OB badging based on the fender flair delete, aftermarket rims / tires and complete aftermarket suspension system. I couldn’t help but wonder at the irony if that rig was running around with open diffs (I have no way of knowing, but it would be funny - funny haaaa - not funny ha ha.) But hey, it’s his Bronco and his soap. . .

Not only is it his Bronco to wash as he sees fit, but he’s miles ahead of me. He has a Bronco. I have an order and a dream.
Interesting observations. I was an original BL order, than changed to OBX, with advanced 4x4, lockers and lux as it seemed closer to what I wanted. added optional BL wheels, swapped flares for ding/branch scratch protection and removed running boards. Finally removed trim badge as I am not sure what it is anymore. Went to a Ford engineer event in Denver last month and they asked me I had. LOL

IMG_8019.jpg
Sponsored