Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Playing around in the dirt will wreak havoc on any MPG ratings. Just relax and wait for a real world. On Another note my Nissan Xterra 4x4 with 32" BFG AT KO2s, 4.0 V6 and 5 Speed Auto gets 17MPG on the highway...

This will have many more over drive gears (auto), be lower displacement, have more torque, and be less tall. MPG should be low 20s at about 75-80 I would think with 33s and the Automatic regardless of engine.
Sponsored

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here we go with MPGs

31AA0F04-EC0E-4DF6-AB45-EF410ECC2B38.gif

SCH

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
have u seen the hybrid model f150? 700 miles
Haven’t seen the hybrid yet but with the 36 gallon tank I can go over 700 miles if I mostly stay on the freeway. Makes road trips nice.

mattyyg

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2018 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The trip shows 157mi in 2:44. That's highway driving if I'm reading the numbers right.

It's not the best MPG but I wasn't expecting great numbers with any trim.
I don't think they reset the trip odometer, the tank is full and DTE is on point at 333 miles.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah it's amazing what a few RPMs can do to your MPG. Driving my Mazda on cruise at 60 gets me 40 mpg, but who the hell drives at 60. My norm is 75 and it drops to about 32 mpg. But overall, I drive it like it was meant to drive (have the 2.5l) and I average 34 mpg.

I just want to be able to take a road trip in the WildTrack and not have to sell my first born... In Cali, gas is common to be close to $4 per gallon.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not a particularly extravagant budget. The average new car is about 40k these days

What if someone is more annoyed that low mpg and a small tank mean you're all of a sudden best buds with the guy who works at the gas station
I definitely share that concern on the small tank. I currently drive an Acura TSX that gets over 500 miles per tank. That is an amazing thing that I'm probably taking for granted.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah it's amazing what a few RPMs can do to your MPG. Driving my Mazda on cruise at 60 gets me 40 mpg, but who the hell drives at 60. My norm is 75 and it drops to about 32 mpg. But overall, I drive it like it was meant to drive (have the 2.5l) and I average 34 mpg.

I just want to be able to take a road trip in the WildTrack and not have to sell my first born... In Cali, gas is common to be close to $4 per gallon.
[/QUOTE
I know Calif gas is high, but it’s only close to $4 if you live in a remote area.....the upper $2 to lower $3/gal cost is typical in most areas

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know Calif gas is high, but it’s only close to $4 if you live in a remote area.....the upper $2 to lower $3/gal cost is typical in most areas
It's a big state, Bay area vs San Diego vs central valley and etc

The more metropolitan areas tend to be expensive too, cost of land pushes gas prices up.

I haven't seen gas under $3 in a looooong time

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is 15.8 four wheeling? I got 8 and 10 on 2 previous rigs. Even if it average from Rubicon to driving to Utah and then Moab that is pretty good.

4 L kills gas mileage as it is a much lower range.

That said my Raptor gets 18.1 average, it has 3.5L twin turbo (bronco is 2.7L which get much better MPG) it is heavier by a ton. Wider, taller. Both have same trans. The Raptor has 4.10 gearing and the bronco has 4.70. So that will probably drop the mileage 1-2 mpg, but the smaller size etc should get it 1-2 better. So basically I expect 18 average and around 12-14 4 wheeling.

If it better I'll be happy! :)

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one closest to me is probably close to $4, right now. It’s so ridiculously expensive that I don’t even pay it any mind. The more reasonable ones near me are pushing $3.50.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One thing I do know is when my wife gets into my 2015 F-150 she gets 2 mpg less than I do.:confused:
Same truck, same gas, and same roads.

Navy94

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First, the driver just refueled. Look at his fuel gauge. Secondly, it says he is 333 miles to empty. If this is the 4DR with a 20 gal fuel tank, which I think it is, the 333 to empty makes sense with 15.8 mpg. That 15.8 is based on what he did the last 157.9. i am sure he was doing some crawling, but who knows. The only way you would see true city/highway mpg is to reset the trip and mpg readings after you fuel up. I do it all the time to get an accurate mpg.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
$1.70/gallon here, wouldn’t mind getting 12MPG if we could at least get a V8.
Sponsored