Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's certainly disappointing. šŸ˜”
Is it tho? Disappointing for who? According to the detectives in this thread this guy isnā€™t keeping them, heā€™s buying and flipping them and making profit. Heā€™s essentially scalping a 60k vehicle for 20k profit. Heā€™s no different than the guy who buys the PS5 for 499 and sells it for 1000 on Craigslist. The only difference is the product and the number of zeroes.
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't let lack of sympathy for OP distract from the fact that Ford has repeatedly lied about the ability to transfer orders, even in recent statements to the press.

As customers we should find that wildly unacceptable.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered a second bronco for the wife in October. It is scheduled for April build. Go to a different dealer if you are that far out. This doesn't make sense to complain when you can just start from scratch elsewhere

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a second bronco for the wife in October. It is scheduled for April build. Go to a different dealer if you are that far out. This doesn't make sense to complain when you can just start from scratch elsewhere
1. You can't order right now.
2. It doesn't make sense to complain that your original deal won't be fulfilled for years, but when the MY23 books open maybe you can generate a new order for $5k more?

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You're right about the order banks but this is old news. Anyone who knows they're that far back on the dealer list should have jumped months ago as price protection doesn't cover them that far into the future.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm going to keep my order alive, until Ford likely eventually kills them, at least make them keep updating the Price Protection. They know they have a captive audience and are willing to lose the 10% that will give up on owning a Bronco. I got lucky and found one for a very small markup and I feel for those that haven't been as lucky.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pineapple is superior in every way.
Only if youā€™re pitching, if youā€™re the catcher then you may change your mind

As for the OP, he deserves to be Luciferā€™s 4:15 after Hitler at 4:00

3C8681CB-F8C6-4586-A256-3043FC24DD72.jpeg

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought in PA at a similar deal...paid $394 doc fee, compared to the standard $899 in Virginia. Invoice was about $2,600 under MSRP. I saved another 3% off invoice, so that's another $1,680 plus $500 in savings on doc fees...so actually $4,780 less than most are paying, and fantastic service. I drove 3 hours...hard to beat that deal.

The bottom line is that be careful when you attempt to gloat and talk down to others with a high level of condescension; you didn't get some brilliant deal...and you are still waiting.
The people who are waiting because of a broken commitment by @Ford Motor Company got screwed, and thats a bad thing that no one should be happy about.
Congrats on your deal. You are subtracting the very high doc fee as a discount, which is the main reason dealers can discount. Doc fee is pure profit for the dealer.
Ex: $40k msrp is the same as $500 off msrp with $500 doc fee.

1680/3% is $56k invoice which makes msrp $58.6k according to your numbers.

$2600+1680 is a $4280 discount. Subtract the $394(profit for the dealer) and you are $3886 under msrp.

Awesome deal! As someone in CA who paid msrp, that deal would save me about $2K after shipping fees via enclosed trailer.

The closer you live to the deal the better the dealer becomes.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers can't take anymore orders so there's that...

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah it sucks. would also add everyone knew about how dealer allocations work.

also that ford was making changes including stopping new orders, etc. it could have been communicated better but it was obvious what was happening. ford can't meet demands and some dealers were way overprovisioned.

granger is great. they also oversold by a wide margin what could be produced and they had allocated. they have been open and transparent about it. i think they even published a list.
If the Grangers of the world way oversold, wouldnā€™t this require that Ford allowed way more reservations than they should have? I would think weā€™d all agree Ford would know how many total allocations were available and should be held to the same standard you want to hold Granger- If Ford did the right thing, where are the big volume dealers in big cities with more allocations than they can fill?

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it tho? Disappointing for who? According to the detectives in this thread this guy isnā€™t keeping them, heā€™s buying and flipping them and making profit. Heā€™s essentially scalping a 60k vehicle for 20k profit. Heā€™s no different than the guy who buys the PS5 for 499 and sells it for 1000 on Craigslist. The only difference is the product and the number of zeroes.
Nope, I bought one, sold it and used the proceeds to buy the second. The profit reduced the cost of the one I'm driving today. Not sure why this upsets people. The third Granger order is my wife's and she wants to keep the vehicle. Ford has communicated through different channels that she, and others in her position, could always transfer their order to a dealer with allocations if they want their vehicle quicker. Mike Levine said this after people freaked out on the announcement of the MY22 allocation formula. I was informed by Ford today that this is not true. I hoped, and still hope, this information might be useful to some people.