First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
What did you use to play the pink noise? A USB connection with a memory stick or through your phone? I keep getting error 4 with my set up. Thanks.
Try disabling CarPlay on your head unit. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone. Actually plug your phone in go to audio source on the head unit. It will have your phone there with wired connection.
Sponsored

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What did you use to play the pink noise? A USB connection with a memory stick or through your phone? I keep getting error 4 with my set up. Thanks.

I had no issues using my phone for this. I downloaded the file onto my iphone and connected it to the usb and it worked fine. I got the happy tone from the kicker setup the first time.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try disabling CarPlay on your head unit. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone. Actually plug your phone in go to audio source on the head unit. It will have your phone there with wired connection.
Exactly this... worked the first time for me.

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have done it but with a phone and with a usb stick. I think the stick is much easier. That said, I have had errors both ways. Once the mic had slipped forward. Other times I didn't have the volume up far enough. I have even had my dog barking at the Amazon delivery man screw it up.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you have the radio on when you did the pink noise and at what level was it at? I've tried the USB stick multiple times and still get the sad music and 4 beeps (pink noise and audio level error.) Thanks.
Yes, the head unit was on, make sure you crank the volume up high enough, also make sure you get the mic position correctly, should be point up. I never had any luck with my phone even hard wired with BT turned off.

Sponsored

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, the head unit was on, make sure you crank the volume up high enough, also make sure you get the mic position correctly, should be point up. I never had any luck with my phone even hard wired with BT turned off.
I figured out what I did wrong…had the source selection on phone vs usb and also wasn’t playing the noise before I started the test. I thought the amp ran the whole thing. Duh.

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One idea I had for placement of the Kicker Key 200.4 amp was in the glove box. Worked out well and had room for the Plugnplaykits harness over the top of the box. Out of site yet accessible if necessary. Truthfully I could not reach up further to figure out how the OP did it nor the patience!
Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! 4682EF45-9EF7-4738-A76E-D8ECD2571DB2
Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! 84224CE3-BD87-44B0-BCDD-8F98932B397A

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One idea I had for placement of the Kicker Key 200.4 amp was in the glove box. Worked out well and had room for the Plugnplaykits harness over the top of the box. Out of site yet accessible if necessary. Truthfully I could not reach up further to figure out how the OP did it nor the patience!
Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! 84224CE3-BD87-44B0-BCDD-8F98932B397A
The best place is the back of the metal bar under the steering wheel.

Key2.jpg

Key1.jpg

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! Key1

I looked at that and found it too tight for the steering wheel to move about.

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I looked at that and found it too tight for the steering wheel to move about.
Weird, doesn't seem to get in the way at all of mine.

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Totally agree with you, it's like that metal plate was made for the Kicker. Also if I need to make any adjustments I just pop the panel off.

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also, for you MT drivers, there is a different fire wall location to run the power wire through as the larger rubber grommet from the AT Verizon is taken up by the clutch. A small cover can be poked out and a new rubber grommet installed to protect the wire from chafing.
Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! B866D8A5-0E23-40E9-AC1F-AC3256E03B62
Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! A0C71A74-B6CD-44CC-A311-AE47E9028469

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Which kit to just add a jbl powered sub? I think it’s kit #6. Thanks!
Well it depends. What are you adding it to? That kit is for a line converter.
Sponsored