Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Expect the 2/4 door Bronco's to be about 190 inches long. The closest we have to compare to is the Ford Everest, the SUV off the Ranger, which is 192 inches long for a 4 door model.
The frankenranger mules may not be representative of the final body but there's no reason they wouldn't be representative of the final wheelbase. If those two door mules running around end up with a 190 inch long body on them they'd have ridiculously long overhangs front and rear.

BroncoBronco will be similar in size to the wrangler. 160ish for the 2 door, 180ish for the 4 door.
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why the Wrangler is 166.8 to 188.4″ long and Ranger frame isn't going to support something that small without a significant redesign...where are you getting that info?
1) BroncoBronco isn't on the T6 frame, it's on a new frame that will be shared with the next gen Ranger.
2) It's a pickup frame, taking length out of them is not difficult. Hence how they can make the shortened Frankenranger mules in the first place.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The frankenranger mules may not be representative of the final body but there's no reason they wouldn't be representative of the final wheelbase. If those two door mules running around end up with a 190 inch long body on them they'd have ridiculously long overhangs front and rear.

BroncoBronco will be similar in size to the wrangler. 160ish for the 2 door, 180ish for the 4 door.
1.Why would a 2 door Bronco need a 4 door body on it? That makes zero sense

2.The 2 door Bronco will not be smaller in OL vs the Baby Bronco.

The terrible photoshops here of the Baby Bronco and FrankenBronco mule are amusing at best-they don't even have scaling down properly to make a good comparison.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1.Why would a 2 door Bronco need a 4 door body on it? That makes zero sense
Hey, I'm just going off what you just said. I totally agree it makes zero sense! The wheelbase of the 2 door frankenranger with a body over 180 inches long would look ridiculous, but that's what you're claiming right here:
The Baby Bronco will be roughly the the size of the 2020 Escape-Overall length of 180 Inches

Expect the 2/4 door Bronco's to be about 190 inches long.

2.The 2 door Bronco will not be smaller in OL vs the Baby Bronco.
I'd love to hear where you're getting this supposedly authoritative information when literally everything else including the intended competitor indicates that the 2 door will indeed be smaller than the 180ish length of the Baby Bronco.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If someone can provide me with a profile view and and a known dimension on the vehicle I can calibrate it on my computer and post my findings. I can do this for the frankenranger or artist rendering. Only thing that could be "known" on a rendering is likely a tire or rim used on another vehicle.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The FrankenRanger/Bronco 2 door is not indicative of what the 2 Door Bronco will actually be. The mule doesn't even allow for any rear impact standards

The Baby Bronco will be roughly the the size of the 2020 Escape-Overall length of 180 Inches

Expect the 2/4 door Bronco's to be about 190 inches long. The closest we have to compare to is the Ford Everest, the SUV off the Ranger, which is 192 inches long for a 4 door model.

With that said, the last gen "full sized Bronco" was only 183 inches long and the Bronco II was 161 inches long before it was replaced by the Explorer.

So both new Products are going to be dramatically bigger then the older ones.
Source? What you've written in regards to the 2-door U725 flies in the face of most of the current speculation. Is your data simply more speculation, even though outside of the currently accepted envelope? I'm trying to envision a 190" 2-door, and my imagination fails me.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If someone can provide me with a profile view and and a known dimension on the vehicle I can calibrate it on my computer and post my findings. I can do this for the frankenranger or artist rendering. Only thing that could be "known" on a rendering is likely a tire or rim used on another vehicle.
I think this is the closest we've had to a straight profile shot. I believe those are known Ford rims but I'm not 100% sure what size
:
ford-bronco-spied-2-jpg.jpg

That would be the 4 door mule, the 2 door is even shorter:
2-door-2021-ford-bronco-two-door-prototype-jpeg.jpg

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Source? What you've written in regards to the 2-door U725 flies in the face of most of the current speculation. Is your data simply more speculation, even though outside of the currently accepted envelope? I'm trying to envision a 190" 2-door, and my imagination fails me.
I updated my post-maybe you you used your head-I was talking about the 4 door, not the two door models-maybe use your brain.

The frankenrangers have zero indication on how long or short the vehicles are going to be-they are hacked together from spare parts for engineering (engine/frame/platform) work and not aesthetics.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this is the closest we've had to a straight profile shot. I believe those are known Ford rims but I'm not 100% sure what size
:
ford-bronco-spied-2-jpg.jpg

That would be the 4 door mule, the 2 door is even shorter:
2-door-2021-ford-bronco-two-door-prototype-jpeg.jpg
This is perfect. If someone with better knowledge could provide the known dimensions of the rims and or wheels I can get us taken care of with dimensioning purposes.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Both vehicles (Ranger/Escape) use 17-18 inch rim size (Outside of the Escape Ti that has a 19 wheel)-I don't think an inch will throw off them off. The actual tire sizes might be able to get from the spy photos.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

17-18" variance over the span of the 170-180" vehicle is just that.. A difference of 10". So if we want it to be accurate it does matter unfortunately. I'll look into the Escape and Ranger rims to see if I can find a match.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I updated my post-maybe you you used your head-I was talking about the 4 door, not the two door models-maybe use your brain.
Maybe you you you you could use your brain.

Your post still says the 2 door Bronco will be about 190 inches long. Then claims it will obviously be shorter than that? WTF kind of info is this?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
6x139.7 bolt circle.

And those are 17" rims in that picture.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

The frankenrangers have zero indication on how long or short the vehicles are going to be-they are hacked together from spare parts for engineering (engine/frame/platform) work and not aesthetics.
The FrankenRangers are totally not indicative of body length, correct. However, as they are intended for engineering the frame and platform, the wheelbases should be correct, and for good off road geometry we know they won't want huge front and rear overhangs.

To be clear, are you still claiming the 2 door Bronco will be over 180" long? I just can't see that happening with what we've seen and been told, and would love to know your source for that.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

17-18" variance over the span of the 170-180" vehicle is just that.. A difference of 10". So if we want it to be accurate it does matter unfortunately. I'll look into the Escape and Ranger rims to see if I can find a match.
On the Frankenranger-those are 17" F-150 wheels
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.