Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I need to keep my Wrangler just in case I need a parts run / tow out vehicle?
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing in your VHR...

It did show data from yesterday but nothing related to the condition you have. Last ditch on fuel pumps, we tell people to smack the tank a few times with a rubber mallet to see if it will jar things loose to get you going to a safe location. Works about 25% of the time, usually happens just after a fill up on a very hot day. If the thing just electrically crapped out this won't help but if it's a connection issue or pump motor is at a bad spot internally, it might get it going again. Since you're already out and have to go back for retrieval, you might give this a try before dragging.

Last edited:

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That stinks OP. After experiencing a flop of my oversized and heavy offroad truck, I'd suggest having two vehicles help with the extraction. One in front to help move you down the trail, and one behind that can hook on and help with braking downhill.

Good luck with pulling your rig out of the woods. I know it sux.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been there, blew a ring and pinion on the rear of 71' on Chrysler Canyon at Hot Springs Off-road Park. Pulled the rear drive shaft, still used front wheel drive. Still took 2 bronco tied together tied to me to get me out. Long afternoon. Prob not possible with the style(lack of) of fuel cap on the new broncos but it sounds vapor locked almost.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is something I couldn’t imagine going through. I can imagine the OP probably had very little sleep.

I’ll be following your story :)

I know you’ll get your Bronco out today safe and sound.

Good Luck!

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeez that totally sucks. Let us know the outcome and whether it is confirmed to be the fuel pump. How are you going to get it out of there?

I did so much wheeling on some challenging trails when in my late teens, early 20's in Western Massachusetts. Most in a 70 and 71 Bronco, followed by a Toyota Land Cruiser, then a Jeep CJ5. The 70 and 71 Broncos were older, very rusty, the TLC and Cj5 were both brand new. One Bronco had the 170 six, the other 302 V8. I went up some hill climbs so steep I though the vehicles were going to flip backwards LOL. Deep mud holes and river crossings, mud and water spraying everywhere. Never once did any of them break down or left me stranded. The worst was my 170 six Bronco- a tree branch came up off the road and punctured the radiator. I was not in the woods too deep and made it home. That old technology was sure reliable- and super easy to diagnose and work on.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man that sucks. I hope it doesn't get vandalized before you can get it out of there.
Hopefully the type of people who would vandalize a vehicle aren't into off-roading or are too lazy to go that far into the woods!

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That bites! I hope the recovery and repair go well.

In tank pump or high pressure pump?
Good question. Not sure. @Lucchese linked two of them I was referring to. Also so one getting towed off the trails recently on the gram that claimed to be a fuel pump.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing in your VHR...

It did show data from yesterday but nothing related to the condition you have. Last ditch on fuel pumps, we tell people to smack the tank a few times with a rubber mallet to see if it will jar things loose to get you going to a safe location. Works about 25% of the time, usually happens just after a fill up on a very hot day. If the thing just electrically crapped out this won't help but if it's a connection issue or pump motor is at a bad spot internally, it might get it going again. Since you're already out and have to go back for retrieval, you might give this a try before dragging.
Thank you, sir. Most appreciated! :)

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That stinks OP. After experiencing a flop of my oversized and heavy offroad truck, I'd suggest having two vehicles help with the extraction. One in front to help move you down the trail, and one behind that can hook on and help with braking downhill.

Good luck with pulling your rig out of the woods. I know it sux.
Thanks for the advice. Steering and brakes both work fine with the engine off. They just don’t have power assistance. I was able to roll the rest of the way downhill, and @kodiakisland pulled me off to the side at a wider flat spot so its not blocking the trail. Nevertheless, two vehicles for recovery would definitely help.The hard part will be navigating through the tight turns between trees. With TTA, it’s a breeze, but being pulled through tight turns by a tow vehicle with no power to assist with TTA will be difficult.
Sponsored