Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ehh I would still be very cautious out there. We wheel all over the Ozarks nearly every weekend and have come across some sketchy situations. Just a few months ago we came across this stolen truck blocking the trail with a suitcase of women’s clothes nearby. And this was miles into a trail. We were a little creeped out.

FB121170-8312-4B1B-B549-A7EC2286FFE7.jpeg

A11C2471-E770-4541-A102-DE1EFD7C70D2.jpeg

Sketchy for sure, but not the norm for the area. Always a chance of running into a tweaker anywhere, but usually near the trail head and not several miles in, especially on trails a full size vehicle can't fit down.
Sponsored

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who will be the first to pre-emptively cut an access hole in the body?
I don't know if they still do it, but Toyota had access panels in their 4Rnners, Land Cruisers and Lexus SUVs that gave you access to the fuel pumps. Very forward thinking on their part.

Here is the FZJ80 access port:

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] FZJ80-pump-access

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know if they still do it, but Toyota had access panels in their 4Rnners, Land Cruisers and Lexus SUVs that gave you access to the fuel pumps. Very forward thinking on their part.

FZJ80-pump-access.jpg
Every blazer I owned either already had the access panel cut when I bought it or had it down eventually. That's nice they designed it into the body.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the pics of the recovery. Hopefully it is a quick fix and you won’t have to wait too long for parts and are back out on trail soon.
Early this morning, I received a call from my service advisor at the Ford dealership. He said he came into work this morning and found a key, a Bronco, and my name & phone number waiting for him, so he wanted to know how he could help me. 😂

Very nice guy. Asked me to describe the problem, thanked me for the information, and said he would try to get it into the service queue today, or possibly tomorrow at the latest. He apparently has room in his service schedule to get it looked at quickly.

I thanked him for the call. So far so good! 👍

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] FZJ80-pump-access
At least on the 3rd Gen 4R you can only unplug some of the connections through that. You can't pull the fuel pump, you still have to drop the tank (and there's another connection you have to disconnect while you're dropping it.) Stupidest design, so close to being functional, yet so far away...

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I carry a 20V Dewalt chainsaw when I go out. Compact and cuts pretty well for what it is. With a couple 5ah batteries it lasts a good while too.
Those are awesome. We had to use one on our last trip to the Ouachita forest to help extricate a dead SxS. I've also used a long wood blade on a sawzall. I do carry a bow saw as well since it's small and it always works (slowly).

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] 1654186759907

Since I have some home tools already, this is money well spent. Lithium 20v or Milwaukee M stuff but I only have one battery of those.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Early this morning, I received a call from my service advisor at the Ford dealership. He said he came into work this morning and found a key, a Bronco, and my name & phone number waiting for him, so he wanted to know how he could help me. 😂

Very nice guy. Asked me to describe the problem, thanked me for the information, and said he would try to get it into the service queue today, or possibly tomorrow at the latest. He apparently has room in his service schedule to get it looked at quickly.

I thanked him for the call. So far so good! 👍
Was hoping they called to say it started right up when they went to move it into the service bay.
Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] 1654188295767

They will probably just replace the fuel management “module”, like they did for my restraints fault. ‘It’s all modules these days’.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Switched the cj over to fuel injection,one day cruising around it dies then turns over no start. It was the pump now I carry a spare its external.
If we knew what the pressure /flow requirements of the 2.7 were we could cobble a quick and affordable emergency fix,some of those in tank pumps are 500.00 +

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So that's what happened with my Hummer. I came back from vacation one time. The Hummer had just been sitting for a week. CEL was on. I scanned it, came up with a fuel over-pressure code. I first just changed out the pressure sensor. Nope. Consulted All-Data (I have a subscription), diagnosis procedure was to check pressure with a gauge. Bought a fuel pressure gauge and sure enough, confirmed over pressure. NEXT step was pump replacement, which made no sense to me... but a procedure is a procedure.

New pump...nope, still over pressure. $250 in, I said dealership time. The dealer had to consult with the GM Engineering Tech Center. The solution was a new fuel system control module (which did make sense to me).
One of many reasons I didn’t want to drop a 3/4 full gas tank during a trail side repair.

Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The point is you are much safer on a trail in Utah, than in LA, Chicago, NYC, or any other sh**hole city. There are places where your vehicle is guaranteed to be looted if left overnight.
Hang on, I’m sure we can find you a bigger brush to paint with.

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] C69F1CFF-9FA1-4F5C-9F8F-D91E5085AC84
They sure do!