Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As the title says, Ford just released a new SSM yesterday to hopefully clear up some of the confusion about the incorrect oil dipstick for the 2.7 that some people were ordering.
SSM 51014.jpg
OK. So I will cancel my order for the MB3Z-6750-F
But now???????????????? How do I know that my June 2022 built Bronco has the correct dipstick in it??????? Or do I just assume it came correctly???????????????

Then we get the 6, 7 quart fiasco. Newer information sounds like 6 quarts.

I guess I will let my Dealer figure it out when they change the oil....that is what FordPass points are for (hopefully they know what to do!)
Sponsored

4wJive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This makes no sense when they only factory fill an F-150 2.7L Ecoboost to 6.5 quarts on a 6 quart service fill but they stated that they fill the Bronco's 2.7L to 7.5 quarts at the factory, not 7 which was the old listed service fill not the factory fill. Which the other SSM states is and was 7.5 quarts at the factory.

How come the F-150 application only holds 0.5 quarts extra vs 1.5 for the Bronco version of the 2.7L? That is why evidence points to a dip stick calibration error not a documentary one, but believe whatever you want. Wouldn't every 6 quart service fill version of the 2.7L need to be filled to the same oil level from the factory in that case?

Run 6 quarts and go off road as intended and report back in several thousand miles off road, or don't. I just would hate to see all these engines fail from oil starvation.

The other SSM explicitly states that 7 quarts will not damage the engine even though the factory fill and service fill would put the oil level above the maximum full mark on the original dip stick which is conflicting with the owner's guide, but that's why people were looking for the correct dip stick not requesting a reduction in oil capacity.
I was told that the Nano 2.7 is a redesign for the Bronco and is not in the F150, is that correct? Also, I find it weird that when I question the dealer and service techs, they have idea what I am talking about.🤣

Last edited:

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That really doesn't clear up anything other than to serve to cover their changes to the documentation over giving the dealer technicians and service department a valid reason why they have this huge discrepancy in why the factory fill is 1 quart higher on the 2.7L in the Bronco vs the rest of the 2.7L applications but they want to reduce the service fill from 7 quarts down to the same 6 quarts of the rest of the applications for the 2.7L vs admitting that they screwed up the dip stick and at least providing clear guidance vs saying well following the original service fill is unnecessary but won't cause any harm, but we want you to shortfill the oil level anyway.
The correct oil level now is uncertain between 6-7 quarts but running at 6 quarts is at greater risk for engine damage if it's meant to have 7 in order to ensure proper oiling when off road and at extreme angles.

The factory fill being at 7.5 quarts vs 6.5 on the other applications indicates that they meant for it to run 7 quart service fills but it's easier and cheaper to change the documentation than to issue the customers corrected dip sticks.

So no I'm not satisfied with their excuse that oh we accidentally released the Raptor specific dip stick for the 2.7L when the Raptor is supposed to be a 7.5 quart service fill and 8 quart factory fill on the 3.0L. This makes way less sense than what the truth is, which is that they don't want to admit more than they have to, but by saying it's okay to still run 7 quart service fills with the wrong dip stick they also voided the clause in the owner's guide about not filling past the max fill mark by saying that running 7 quarts at service fill will cause no harm.

What they should be doing instead is providing the correct dip sticks for the 7 qt service fill on the 2.7L Bronco, not treating us like idiots.
Wow you’re super smart to know all of that.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
How do I know that my June 2022 built Bronco has the correct dipstick in it???????
Because Ford is saying that ALL the factory sticks have always correctly measured 6 quarts, and that they only read over full upon delivery due to the factory service fill.

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You're not being asked to pay anything. They are saying that the original dipsticks are correct. And the bulletin goes out to every single Ford dealership in the country, which is who Ford wants working on the vehicle. Ford isn't going to notify customers or aftermarket shops of changes like this, that's not how it works. They will slowly fix the manuals to show 6 quarts instead of 7, and that will be the end of it probably.
The original dipstick is wrong. That is why there is a new part number. You need a new one to read 6 quarts in the full range for starters.
No manufacturer wants anyone other than THEIR techs working on THEIR vehicles and been that way since before I was born, but guess what? Many of us either won't pay the inflated prices of a dealership, don't want the poor quality of work that many dealerships perform, and the list goes on. Which is sad because a few dealerships are really very good to us owners, but they are few and far in between.

Sponsored

Shaggy

Big Bend
First Name
Antoni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, VW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, the dipstick that came with my bronco is correct and I only need to fill with 6 quarts.

Shaggy

Big Bend
First Name
Antoni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, VW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, the dipstick that came with my bronco is correct and I only need to fill with 6 quarts.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The original dipstick is wrong. That is why there is a new part number. You need a new one to read 6 quarts in the full range for starters.
No manufacturer wants anyone other than THEIR techs working on THEIR vehicles and been that way since before I was born, but guess what? Many of us either won't pay the inflated prices of a dealership, don't want the poor quality of work that many dealerships perform, and the list goes on. Which is sad because a few dealerships are really very good to us owners, but they are few and far in between.
The original dipstick is not wrong. Read the SSM. The part numbers they gave are the same ones that come in the broncos from the factory. FT4Z-6750-B and FT4Z-6750-C are the exact same length, they just twist in a different spot. Those are the sticks that came in 21 and 22 broncos

Reactions: 0ne
OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

According to Ford, that is correct.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told that the Nano 2.7 is a redesign for the Bronco and is not in the F150, is that correct? Also, I find it weird that when I question the dealer and service techs, they have idea what I am talking about.🤣
Same engine, but different setup. Oil pan is different and some of the components around the engine have been moved around a bit so they can actually fit in the Bronco’s smaller engine bay. Stuff like that.

There was an 1st generation 2.7L engine that was originally in the Edge, Fusion, and a few Lincoln vehicles, but both the F-150 and the Bronco are using the 2nd generation 2.7L.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I can see how this is going to go down with flippers/dealers - Why are you charging 50k over sticker? Well yeah, it's got a Raptor dipstick so ...

4wJive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK. So I will cancel my order for the MB3Z-6750-F
But now???????????????? How do I know that my June 2022 built Bronco has the correct dipstick in it??????? Or do I just assume it came correctly???????????????

Then we get the 6, 7 quart fiasco. Newer information sounds like 6 quarts.

I guess I will let my Dealer figure it out when they change the oil....that is what FordPass points are for (hopefully they know what to do!)
[/
Same engine, but different setup. Oil pan is different and some of the components around the engine have been moved around a bit so they can actually fit in the Bronco’s smaller engine bay. Stuff like that.

There was an 1st generation 2.7L engine that was originally in the Edge, Fusion, and a few Lincoln vehicles, but both the F-150 and the Bronco are using the 2nd generation 2.7L.

This is a great opportunity for an aftermarket performance company to make a real metal oil pan with proper drain plug and a real dipstick……please, somebody hear my prayers and save us from this madness!

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Please don't hurt me! I'm really not trying to argue. Just thought it was all cleared up and now this...
I spit my drink out when I read this. 😂

B6G sometimes is like a child asking a question to his dad then quickly braces for impact worried he’ll be smacked up side the head cuz it was a “stupid” question.

Not sure if you meant that to be funny but you got me laughing. Cheers!

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The turbo(s) and lines are covered by the factory fill. That residual oil doesn't come out when you remove the oil pan's drain plug. So, both the 2.3L and the 2.7L could have the same oil pan capacity even with differing turbo set-ups.

My guess is that Ford made a big deal about 7-quart pans before they started building Broncos, then quietly stayed with 6-quart pans. If the 2.7L needed an extra quart for off-roading, wouldn't the 2.3L need an extra quart for the same situations?

I bet the dipsticks cost Ford a whopping dollar each, so I doubt they're going through all this trouble to keep from giving everyone a new one.
It is not the cost of the stick but paper work on the recall and dealer payment to replace… more turbos more lines … more oil…

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
more turbos more lines … more oil…
Yes, but only on the initial fill at the factory. Draining your oil pan does not drain those lines or turbos. The turbo could hold 55 gallons, but only 6 quarts is coming out when you drain the oil pan.
Sponsored