Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Escalade 06’ Lexus 470
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, I definitely paid a good bit more than if I would buy it outright and install it myself. But, I had $1000 worth of Ford Points that I was saving specifically for this tune. The Tune itself was $825. The install was $250. There was only one dealership anywhere around me that would install it and I wanted to make sure it would be covered under the Ford warranty, so I paid the ridiculous install price.
Okay thanks for letting me know. My dealer has quoted me some ridiculous prices already for Borla pipes, so I wanted to know other peoples experiences.
Sponsored

Okiebud

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone installed this near Tulsa Ok ?? My dealership is saying they are having issues doing this with their firewall for another customer. I had already bought the part and was taking mine in next week. Not sure what to do now. Maybe they will figure out how to make a firewall exception or I might be taking a road trip.

Last edited:

Hoodyhoo

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed today, took about 20 minutes. 10/10 so far! Noticed smoother, more “positive” acceleration immediately largely due to trans/shift point calibration as others have mentioned. Was able to dial in my 37s via tire size option. Start/stop override works as advertised. Easily worth the money and I think a better option than others out there due to the shifting improvement.

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been running the tune on my 2.7 for a couple of weeks now since letting the dealer install it for me in order to retain the warranty. Not a huge power gain (as we all know) but a bit more power is noticed in my seat dyno. Other than retaining warranty and the minimal power gains, the best features are:
  • Keeping the auto-start/stop button deactivated
  • More linear throttle response with smoother shifts
  • Downshifts, when coming to a stop, are better managed...not as jerky
  • Sport mode, compared to non-tune, seems dialed up to 120% for ultimate responsiveness...brake boost launches will break traction in all 4 (2 door 285/70)
  • Adjusted tire size to re-calibrate speedo.

A few wishful improvements:
  • Wish it had Bluetooth communication with the vehicle to use as a separate display for vehicle info.
    • The current info. screen is very basic and the device must be plugged into OBD port, which has power even when vehicle is off, so not a permanent mounting solution that wouldn't involve unplugging/replugging into the ODB port every time you left/entered the vehicle.
  • The device has moments of going non-responsive and has to wait several seconds for it to respond or unplug/replug from ODB if it fully locks.
  • The touch screen can be difficult to navigate with larger fingers.

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been running the tune on my 2.7 for a couple of weeks now since letting the dealer install it for me in order to retain the warranty. Not a huge power gain (as we all know) but a bit more power is noticed in my seat dyno. Other than retaining warranty and the minimal power gains, the best features are:
  • Keeping the auto-start/stop button deactivated
  • More linear throttle response with smoother shifts
  • Downshifts, when coming to a stop, are better managed...not as jerky
  • Sport mode, compared to non-tune, seems dialed up to 120% for ultimate responsiveness...brake boost launches will break traction in all 4 (2 door 285/70)
  • Adjusted tire size to re-calibrate speedo.

A few wishful improvements:
  • Wish it had Bluetooth communication with the vehicle to use as a separate display for vehicle info.
    • The current info. screen is very basic and the device must be plugged into OBD port, which has power even when vehicle is off, so not a permanent mounting solution that wouldn't involve unplugging/replugging into the ODB port every time you left/entered the vehicle.
  • The device has moments of going non-responsive and has to wait several seconds for it to respond or unplug/replug from ODB if it fully locks.
  • The touch screen can be difficult to navigate with larger fingers.
I agree with most of you points with the two exception of the device becoming non-responsive (I haven't seen mine do that yet in the 2-3 weeks it has been installed) and this "The current info. screen is very basic and the device must be plugged into OBD port, which has power even when vehicle is off, so not a permanent mounting solution that wouldn't involve unplugging/replugging into the ODB port every time you left/entered the vehicle." I was also worried about the constant power drain but from what I have seen my device must go into stand-bye a short time after I leave the vehicle because I have not see it on constantly. It was the first thing I checked because that would attract too much attention in a dark parking lot or ramp.

Sponsored

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree with most of you points with the two exception of the device becoming non-responsive (I haven't seen mine do that yet in the 2-3 weeks it has been installed) and this "The current info. screen is very basic and the device must be plugged into OBD port, which has power even when vehicle is off, so not a permanent mounting solution that wouldn't involve unplugging/replugging into the ODB port every time you left/entered the vehicle." I was also worried about the constant power drain but from what I have seen my device must go into stand-bye a short time after I leave the vehicle because I have not see it on constantly. It was the first thing I checked because that would attract too much attention in a dark parking lot or ramp.
Thanks for commenting. I will check on the constant power assumption I made since it was solely based on the time right after I turned off the vehicle where I may not have given enough time in my observation to see if it did power down after additional time. And I can confirm that my experience with my specific unit did have multiple times where the unit would freeze and I would have to wait several seconds for it to become responsive again. Every "freeze" was when I was quickly navigating through the screens finding data to show in the logging display.

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for commenting. I will check on the constant power assumption I made since it was solely based on the time right after I turned off the vehicle where I may not have given enough time in my observation to see if it did power down after additional time. And I can confirm that my experience with my specific unit did have multiple times where the unit would freeze and I would have to wait several seconds for it to become responsive again. Every "freeze" was when I was quickly navigating through the screens finding data to show in the logging display.
Navigation is absolutely not intuitive!!

JRBinMalibuCanyon

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would love to install this tune but, unfortunately — for this and many, many, many other reasons — I live in California. Anyone from California get this done to their ‘22 in spite of the restriction?

ried

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would love to install this tune but, unfortunately — for this and many, many, many other reasons — I live in California. Anyone from California get this done to their ‘22 in spite of the restriction?
Yes. Don't be a wuss.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlandslux

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Rebel, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kelly/John please do keep us posted. My badlands, of course, has no sport mode and am very interested in this tune
Sponsored