Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I didn't get my tune from LP(got it from Ruxer with my Ford points so thanks to flip) I must say my Bronco feels like a whole new car. There is what feels like a ton of power down low now and the new shift points seem almost perfect with no stuttering through the first 4 gears or so. I almost got a little squirrely this morning on the way to work when I put it in sport mode and stomped it from a complete stop😄

I already had 2 tanks of 93 run through before i flashed it, so all of the 87 I was running beforehand should've been gone. I didn't think that I would feel a big difference with the "lower" numbers the tune was supposed to add but I was very surprised. I'd say it's well worth it if you want to add some noticeable power and still retain your warranty.
Sponsored

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After two days with this installed I'm going to have to say that based on the changes to the transmission shifting alone I lone this Tune. My one pet peeve has been the shifting and now my Wildtrak behaves more wild than mild. I've never been a big dyno guy but can tell when something works better and feels better and this definitely does! not to mention I actually get better MPG 15.3 than I did before 13.5.

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed mine on Friday and I love the way it shifts. Better throttle response and if you turn off the auto start/stop it will remain off when you start your Bronco the next time (bonus). I installed it myself the dealer printed out the instructions and said it was easy to install. It took about 15 minutes total. I had to turn off my antivirus on my web browser to download the program on my computer. Otherwise, it was straight forward installation.

I'm driving from Wisconsin to Mississippi next week so I will see how the MPG average is on a 1000 mile road trip. My opinion is it makes driving my Bronco more drivable. I think it was money well spent.

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed mine on Friday and I love the way it shifts. Better throttle response and if you turn off the auto start/stop it will remain off when you start your Bronco the next time (bonus). I installed it myself the dealer printed out the instructions and said it was easy to install. It took about 15 minutes total. I had to turn off my antivirus on my web browser to download the program on my computer. Otherwise, it was straight forward installation.

I'm driving from Wisconsin to Mississippi next week so I will see how the MPG average is on a 1000 mile road trip. My opinion is it makes driving my Bronco more drivable. I think it was money well spent.
I thought I was dreaming at first but you just confirmed I wasn't, I hated hitting that rotten button each time I got into my Wildtrak :)

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the tune loaded this morning. It's wonderful. The Bronco in normal mode now behaves exactly how I wanted it and formally used sport mode to achieve. I don't intend to do any other performance mods to the engine.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The improved shift points would be a plus for me, but I'm hoping somebody does a before and after comparison, on the dyno, with the tune on 93 octane.

This way we can see and compare it to others as to what it has done to engine performance.

I don't have a Bronco yet, but I've been thinking about getting this and having it installed when the Bronco arrives. It'll hold me over, tune wise, until warranty is expired and by then there will hopefully be other choices.

AZbroncoWT

Wildtrak
First Name
OJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed the ford performance tune on my 2.7 Wildtrak today. Very easy and quick process if you have a PC. All good things so far:
  • No longer have to press the auto start/stop button every time you start your car. It will stay in the setting you change it to, without the powering of the vehicle on/off effecting it.
  • The tune is great, most noticeable is the low end torque gain
  • The boost increased about +3 to over 20 psi, achieved much quicker in early acceleration
  • Shifting feels more sport oriented while remaining smooth and not jerky.
I’ve only ever used 91 Octane and will continue to with tune. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Fireball_Brian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plenty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like good news. Will a performance pack 2 ever come out?

Just wish larger turbos was an option

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got mine installed this week. Definitely takes some sluggishness out of the pedal.

I was looking through the display that came with it. I noticed there is nothing listed under Performance Cals. Shouldn't something be listed there? Like the version number of the tune? Is it under device info?
20221028_160409.jpg
20221028_160353.jpg
20221028_160430.jpg

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got mine installed this week. Definitely takes some sluggishness out of the pedal.

I was looking through the display that came with it. I noticed there is nothing listed under Performance Cals. Shouldn't something be listed there? Like the version number of the tune? Is it under device info?
Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review 20221028_160430
Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review 20221028_160430
You loaded the performance tune. That's why it's not on there.

Sponsored

AZbroncoWT

Wildtrak
First Name
OJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Hmm.. My device has the performance and stock tune loaded and saved. You need to download the performance tune from the ford performance website as the device doesn’t come pre-loaded. Does your auto on/off button stay off? If it does that’s a good sign at least your bronco was tuned. This was my experience and what the directions I received stated.

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hmm.. My device has the performance and stock tune loaded and saved. You need to download the performance tune from the ford performance website as the device doesn’t come pre-loaded. Does your auto on/off button stay off? If it does that’s a good sign at least your bronco was tuned. This was my experience and what the directions I received stated.
I used my Ford points to purchase the tune and have it installed at a dealer. And, I installed an auto stop eliminator when I first got my Bronco. So, I can't tell if that changed, unless I remove the device. I wasn't planning to since I have to take a part of the dash apart to do it. The vehicle seems more responsive, but I'd like to have verification that the tune is loaded. Any other way to check?

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am now convinced that this tune was the way the vehicle was originally calibrated prior to launch.