Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed myself today. Very easy process. First impressions:
  • Smooth acceleration.
  • Improved throttle response.
  • Smooth shifting as you continue to accelerate.
  • Start / Stop deactivation is a nice bonus.
  • Top-end is plenty (for me)
It really does make the engine feel more powerful and, well, smooth. No complaints whatsoever. It's as fast as I want it to be. Good purchase.
Sponsored

CCMDoc

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BB Sas, ‘14 Raptor, ‘71 Hemi ‘Cuda convertble
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My review is just as Ried said above …

SMOOTHE …

Immediately noticeable much smoother shifting. Think of manual trans rowed by a skilled driver with great heel-toe abilities.

Power - roads are slick w wet leaves so no chance for fair butt-dyno check but it does seem to pull harder on highway on-ramp.

More eval with more driving but those are first impressions.

Thanks again to Blavin and flip.

Steve0we

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f-350 , 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is my review so far:

Procal showed up on time. Followed the directed and watched a couple youtube videos.

loaded software
***I NOW HAVE A "CHECK 4X4" WARNING ON THE DASH
***I NOW HAVE A "SERVICE VEHICLE SOON" ON THE DASH

I reached out to Ford Performance for help and the person on the phone acted like it was my issue. He wasn't overly interesting in helping me. He had me send an email with photos and now I am just waiting for a reply???

Go Ford?

ANYONE HAVE THE SAME ISSUES?

update: I received a email from Ford "run the "CDP learn" service function. it should fix the issue." It seems to have solved the issue if anyone else has it.

Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review SERVICE VEHICLE SOON
Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review CHECK 4X4

Last edited:

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Procal showed up on time. Followed the directed and watched a couple youtube videos.

loaded software

I reached out to Ford Performance for help and the person on the phone acted like it was my issue. He wasn't overly interesting in helping me. He had me send an email with photos and now I am just waiting for a reply???

Go Ford?

Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review CHECK 4X4
I would read the codes, figure out what the code is for, then most likely clear the code to see if it returns.
The ProCal can do this, but I couldn't find a good instruction manual. There might be a youtube vid on ProCal 4.

Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review 1667311546846

Joec410

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 Superduty, 2017 Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have to leave the Procal connected to the vehicle? Or can you download the tune and remove the Procal?

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

loaded software

Go Ford?

Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review 1667311546846
Send @Ford Motor Company a PM with your vin.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you have to leave the Procal connected to the vehicle? Or can you download the tune and remove the Procal?
Once you're done flashing the vehicle the device can be removed and stored. It doesn't need to stay plugged in unless you want to flash the vehicle again, datalog or read/clear DTC codes.

Pdaddy

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, not gonna do it, these Broncos spaz out if you tickle their brains, sport mode is just fine with me.
How exactly do you get into sport mode. I have a Badlands 2.7. Thanks in advance.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How exactly do you get into sport mode. I have a Badlands 2.7. Thanks in advance.
You can’t on a badlands UNLESS you unlock it using FORSCAN.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can’t on a badlands UNLESS you unlock it using FORSCAN.
What Snowdogyyz said ⬆
I don’t know why base model has sport mode but badlands doesn’t though badlands has off-road-y goat modes that base does not. There’s a ford performance tune out there now that will give you something like sport mode all the time 🤔

Sponsored

Pdaddy

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What Snowdogyyz said ⬆
I don’t know why base model has sport mode but badlands doesn’t though badlands has off-road-y goat modes that base does not. There’s a ford performance tune out there now that will give you something like sport mode all the time 🤔
Ok thank you for info. Much appreciated

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed mine on Friday and I love the way it shifts. Better throttle response and if you turn off the auto start/stop it will remain off when you start your Bronco the next time (bonus). I installed it myself the dealer printed out the instructions and said it was easy to install. It took about 15 minutes total. I had to turn off my antivirus on my web browser to download the program on my computer. Otherwise, it was straight forward installation.

I'm driving from Wisconsin to Mississippi next week so I will see how the MPG average is on a 1000 mile road trip. My opinion is it makes driving my Bronco more drivable. I think it was money well spent.
Is there someplace online to download the instructions? I am strongly considering this upgrade when I receive my Bronco but it would be nice to have an idea of what is involved in the install.

Found it.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FORDINSTSHTM-12655-F.PDF

Last edited:

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Escalade 06’ Lexus 470
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used my Ford points to purchase the tune and have it installed at a dealer. And, I installed an auto stop eliminator when I first got my Bronco. So, I can't tell if that changed, unless I remove the device. I wasn't planning to since I have to take a part of the dash apart to do it. The vehicle seems more responsive, but I'd like to have verification that the tune is loaded. Any other way to check?
What did dealer charge for tune and install?

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What did dealer charge for tune and install?
Well, I definitely paid a good bit more than if I would buy it outright and install it myself. But, I had $1000 worth of Ford Points that I was saving specifically for this tune. The Tune itself was $825. The install was $250. There was only one dealership anywhere around me that would install it and I wanted to make sure it would be covered under the Ford warranty, so I paid the ridiculous install price.
Sponsored