Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Like I said earlier in the thread mines been doing it since it rolled off the lot. Not sure super loud, I only noticed it because I had the radio off haha. Have a case with Ford, but I’m torn on taking it in and having it torn apart of trying some Amsoil fluid swap and see if he sound goes away.
Doubtful it'll go away because it's been proven there is physical damage causing the issue. Metal rubbing metal. only 2500 miles and when it's cold out that's all I hear driving around. It's pretty obnoxious. I want it fixed not band-aided. The amount I paid for my order and time I had to wait, I want it fixed......
Sponsored

EndersRide

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My badlands is going on 6,011 miles over the first 4 months. Until last week it’s been love at first shift. Took it in to the dealership for the first oil change last Tuesday, and of course it gets thumbs up on all the tests. Last Thursday get off work start her up and come to discover I’ve got a band of samurai fighting with wood chippers under the hood making this awful noise. (Thought the 4 was supposed to be quiet!?!) Not sure if it’s related to this transmission issue given there is no relief in any gear, and turbo in 1st and 2nd seemed lacking. Clutch had been a bit finicky coming out of 1st and 2nd, but no noise like this. (Kinda makes me jealous of the softer sounds coming from some of these videos, and totally understand the frustration.) Silver lining is I took this video today in the service lot where it’s been sitting for the past week, so should have absolutely no issue replicating it for the mechanic, when he decides to get to it. Yay!

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My badlands is going on 6,011 miles over the first 4 months. Until last week it’s been love at first shift. Took it in to the dealership for the first oil change last Tuesday, and of course it gets thumbs up on all the tests. Last Thursday get off work start her up and come to discover I’ve got a band of samurai fighting with wood chippers under the hood making this awful noise. (Thought the 4 was supposed to be quiet!?!) Not sure if it’s related to this transmission issue given there is no relief in any gear, and turbo in 1st and 2nd seemed lacking. Clutch had been a bit finicky coming out of 1st and 2nd, but no noise like this. (Kinda makes me jealous of the softer sounds coming from some of these videos, and totally understand the frustration.) Silver lining is I took this video today in the service lot where it’s been sitting for the past week, so should have absolutely no issue replicating it for the mechanic, when he decides to get to it. Yay!

That is NOT the transmission issue we’re describing. Yours sounds much worse 😅 hopefully it’s not a very weird high pitch knock

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is NOT the transmission issue we’re describing. Yours sounds much worse 😅 hopefully it’s not a very weird high pitch knock
Yea agreed, yours sounds engine related not what we are experiencing.

Kilgore

Badlands
First Name
Kilgore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the last installment of my story, brought in the badlands for the noise. After a cold soak, the SM commented "that noise scared the s**t out of me" Brought it home while they figured a plan and the transmission guy took time off between Christmas and NYE. The oil was visibly clean with no flakes.

They wanted a transmission swap, but Ford would not authorize. They are doing the TSB instead. According to the SM, parts were hard to source and they had to order from 4 different Ford parts warehouses to get them all.

If FedEx/UPS does their job, mine gets "the fix" next week.

Interesting side note. It gets parked across from the neighbors bedroom window. She asked not to warm it up there since "that awful noise" wakes her up.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Started mine this AM and heard the noise, not near as loud as before the fluid change, but still there. Went away in just a few seconds, but for sure it was the tranny noise...bounced the stick at 6th position...gone, clutched, gone. I'm gonna say fluid level isn't the issue, but additional fluid does quiet it slightly. O well...had to try! I reached out to a guy I used to work with who is still in the Ford dealership and asked him about it and his answer was "oh ya, I saw that TSB and was thinking God i hope I never have to do one of those!" This isn't going to be easy to get resolved folks!

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was colder out today, took a good 25 second video from underneath of it making the noise. Really does sound like marbles, best way I could describe to someone who hasn’t heard the noise.

I’ll let the dealer know Monday. At this point I think I’d rather have the synchros replaced per TSB because even if they’re the same part, could have been a bad batch of parts already installed in transmissions.

Reading through this thread seems like the noise has come back for who have had their whole transmissions swapped, but I haven’t seen anyone say the noise came back after the TSB service?

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll let the dealer know Monday. At this point I think I’d rather have the synchros replaced per TSB because even if they’re the same part, could have been a bad batch of parts already installed in transmissions.
Unfortunately, I don’t think it was just a bad batch, we have reports from people with ‘21’s ‘22’s and I think 23’s with the noise.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unfortunately, I don’t think it was just a bad batch, we have reports from people with ‘21’s ‘22’s and I think 23’s with the noise.
Yeah mine is a 2023 with less than 300 miles. What are the chances that there were thousands if not 10s of thousands of these transmissions built and ready to go and they’re still working through stock?

Manuals have to be less than 5% of sales I bet if that so it’s not like they’re going through a ton of inventory fast.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

This isnt a transmission problem. Sorry for whatever is happening but its not this issue even remotely

Sponsored

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Completed the transmission fluid change with Syncro Shift II, meets Ford’s specs. Unfortunately, zero difference. Didn’t see any flakes.
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 085176B3-CC64-460E-B361-9E38D5B8E2B0

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah mine is a 2023 with less than 300 miles. What are the chances that there were thousands if not 10s of thousands of these transmissions built and ready to go and they’re still working through stock?

Manuals have to be less than 5% of sales I bet if that so it’s not like they’re going through a ton of inventory fast.
I thought it was something more like 25%

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Was colder out today, took a good 25 second video from underneath of it making the noise. Really does sound like marbles, best way I could describe to someone who hasn’t heard the noise.

Reading through this thread seems like the noise has come back for who have had their whole transmissions swapped, but I haven’t seen anyone say the noise came back after the TSB service?
I havent seen many report having the TSB though either

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Completed the transmission fluid change with Syncro Shift II, meets Ford’s specs. Unfortunately, zero difference. Didn’t see any flakes.
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 085176B3-CC64-460E-B361-9E38D5B8E2B0
That looks like coffee — how many miles did you run on this fluid? It looks identical to my RS’s transmission fluid after 30,000 (very aggressive) miles 😅
Sponsored