David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

... and the only reason I am considering the Fox is because as soon as the Bronco is loaded with camping gear, I bottom out all the time going fast offroad. There is not enough compression resistance.
I have stock OBX with 32" and possibly down the road going to 33" tires. My main interest is to stiffen the rear coils for better towing an overland camper without the back drop.
Would this help or are there better solutions ?
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea, ok I have a dumb/newbie question. I know nothing really about lifts/aftermarket shocks/coilovers, etc.

I have NON-sas 4d black diamond. If I added this same thing (hoss 3.0) would it automatically lift my bronco an inch or two over what it is now? (does this replace the current tie rods I have now...as I said, I know nothing about this).

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Out of curiosity, why buy HOSS 3.0 takeoffs over getting fox live valving struts directly from FOX? Unless you got it for a good deal. It reminds me of the neutered rigid pod lights from ford performance not having the backlight, but for the same price you can get the same pod lights directly from rigid and have the backlight as well.
The price difference alone saved on the Hoss 3.0 suspension even at retail prices would also allow you to get the steering rack and everything installed and calibrated and still likely come out quite a bit cheaper.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea, ok I have a dumb/newbie question. I know nothing really about lifts/aftermarket shocks/coilovers, etc.

I have NON-sas 4d black diamond. If I added this same thing (hoss 3.0) would it automatically lift my bronco an inch or two over what it is now? (does this replace the current tie rods I have now...as I said, I know nothing about this).
It should sit about the same height as sasquatch/wildtrak and clear 35's easily.

The hoss 3.0 steering is completely separate. There is another long thread in here you can read about it. Basically others have found a way to program it and swap the steering as well.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It should sit about the same height as sasquatch/wildtrak and clear 35's easily.

The hoss 3.0 steering is completely separate. There is another long thread in here you can read about it. Basically others have found a way to program it and swap the steering as well.

Gotcha, so this right here is just the shocks and the tie rods?

Reactions: Rip

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Would the HOSS 3.0 upgrade give my FE enough clearance to run 37s?

Also, I just measured my FE width from tire to tire edge and it came out to 81", probably due to my wheels having a -12mm offset. Might need to get the raptor lights.

OP
OP
Rip

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OP - How does your ride height of new Fox 3.0 setup compare to your original factory coil overs with spacers? … Is it the same or higher or lower?
I am sitting exactly the same as where I was before (which I liked). I took extensive measurements beforehand trying to calculate rake and clearance with the swap. The biggest difference is ride quality.

OP
OP
Rip

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Out of curiosity, why buy HOSS 3.0 takeoffs over getting fox live valving struts directly from FOX? Unless you got it for a good deal. It reminds me of the neutered rigid pod lights from ford performance not having the backlight, but for the same price you can get the same pod lights directly from rigid and have the backlight as well.
Yeah for sure! The easy answer, it cost me $1000 and my warranty is intact. My ford dealership swapped it out. I even got to use Ford Pass points.

OP
OP
Rip

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Would the HOSS 3.0 upgrade give my FE enough clearance to run 37s?

Also, I just measured my FE width from tire to tire edge and it came out to 81", probably due to my wheels having a -12mm offset. Might need to get the raptor lights.
The First Edition sits the same height as these do.

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The First Edition sits the same height as these do.
Trying to figure out how to get bigger tires without a lift kit.
Guess this isn't an option.
Thank you regardless.

If you're wondering why I don't want a lift kit, I can barely fit in my garage now, so just bigger tires will put my at max.

OP
OP
Rip

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Trying to figure out how to get bigger tires without a lift kit.
Guess this isn't an option.
Thank you regardless.

If you're wondering why I don't want a lift kit, I can barely fit in my garage now, so just bigger tires will put my at max.
Brother, I totally understand!

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just read about that a few minutes ago. I understand the hardtop, but why are they pulling SAS orders? Is it suspension parts, or the commodities issue with the Goodyear tires?

Suddenly, I feel guilty for taking delivery recently.
It is the Advance track Transfer case, shortages in supply, all SaS Broncs use it hence the constriction

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still curious regarding which commodity in the SAS suspension package is causing the issue. I’m going with tires…
It was posted by several reputable sources it’s the Goodyear’s.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

thanks for the thread. I have the Hoss 3.0 package on my soon to be built bronco. They are 2.5" fox shocks, right? Also, the upper control arms on these things look like a weak link. I'll have to see if RPG is making any for the Bronco. Thanks again for sharing!

The stock UCAs are actually some of the best I've seen from the factory. They have a lot of clearance and range of motion. They were designed from the start to support 35s, so they had to be decent to begin with.
Mine still allowed alignment specs at 26.5 inches center axle to metal fender and I'm at 29.75 inches full droop and not maxing out the ball joint. Certainly lots of reasons to upgrade, but a these aren't the crap UCAs that come on a lot of vehicles.
Sponsored