First Name
Kilgore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received a call from my service advisor that my TSB parts are in. My obvious first question was is the synchro rings -C or -D revision? I stressed that I do not want -C parts installed.

The answer was the received parts were -C and their transmission guy says he will not install -D components since the TSB specifically calls out -C

So what to do. After waiting 4 months for parts, to hear this is really frustrating. I want to just keep driving it and let it hand grenade to get a new transmission down the road.

Any bright ideas?

Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@flip Isn't this your area of expertise? Can you weigh in?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Received a call from my service advisor that my TSB parts are in. My obvious first question was is the synchro rings -C or -D revision? I stressed that I do not want -C parts installed.

The answer was the received parts were -C and their transmission guy says he will not install -D components since the TSB specifically calls out -C

So what to do. After waiting 4 months for parts, to hear this is really frustrating. I want to just keep driving it and let it hand grenade to get a new transmission down the road.

Any bright ideas?
Surely they will update the TSB. The part was new this week so give it a few days. MY '23 was not on it either so it definitely needs updating. @Ducati1098 has been on top of things so I'm sure he will let everyone know when the new TSB is released.

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any bright ideas?
It's wild they are still sending out the "c" parts.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any bright ideas?
Run away from that dealership. Tell them if they don’t know what a superseded part is then you have serious concerns about their abilities as a service center.

The TSB doesn’t need to be updated, because their own parts ordering system tells them when they order the -C revision part that it has been replaced by the -D revision and they’re no longer able to order the previous superseded part number.

They are literally unable to order the -C revision if they did it today, so by their own logic they can no longer start new TSB jobs.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Surely they will update the TSB. The part was new this week so give it a few days. MY '23 was not on it either so it definitely needs updating. @Ducati1098 has been on top of things so I'm sure he will let everyone know when the new TSB is released.
Edit: woops, I didn’t read. My “no update coming” is strictly about the part numbers, not about model years. I definitely agree the TSB should be updated to include the 23MY.

—————

There’s no TSB update coming. There’s no need for it. The only reason people are getting -C revision synchros still is because we were all on back order for -C synchros before the -D synchro was released. It’s not possible to even order the -C version anymore. Any service centers that try to order those TSB parts today will get automatically updated to the -D revision (and any other parts that have since been superseded will be auto updated as well). That’s what it means to have one part number supersede another.

Any good service advisor understands what a superseded part means. They should be understanding enough to respect your choice to wait for the new part to come in.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s no TSB update coming. There’s no need for it. The only reason people are getting -C revision synchros still is because we were all on back order for -C synchros before the -D synchro was released. It’s not possible to even order the -C version anymore. Any service centers that try to order those TSB parts today will get automatically updated to the -D revision (and any other parts that have since been superseded will be auto updated as well). That’s what it means to have one part number supersede another.

Any good service advisor understands what a superseded part means. They should be understanding enough to respect your choice to wait for the new part to come in.
I disagree with this statement, the TSB does not call out the '23 MY. Some dealers may not not fix your transmission if it does not fall under the letter of the TSB. Others my be fortunate enough if their dealer will do it.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They may not update the parts, but I guarantee they will still update the TSB to include 23MY eventually.

93BRONCO22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Any bright ideas?
I would suggest speaking to the parts manager regarding the availability of -D, as well as the service manager to put a hold on your TSB. I didn’t get anywhere with the service advisors. As for the tech, he’s gonna knock out jobs as they come in. Dealing with customer requests likely isn’t his strong point.

93BRONCO22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be interesting to compare the C vs D part. If just a sizing change, may not be able to visually see the difference.

You could ask the tech to compare the old vs new visually to see if they look different.
I’ll ask, 50-50 if he’ll be willing to compare & take pics (not sure if pics are allowed) 🤷‍♂️

BlanchardSteve

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 corvette
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep we are in the same boat.

But man, did you guys see this thread yet, where apparently Ford Rep Mike Levine told some guy "manuals will hopefully be back for 24MY". That's not exactly a rousing encouragement: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/manual-transmission-will-“hopefully”-be-back-for-model-year-2024-bronco-says-mike-levine.69932/

Based on that, some folks around here (maybe alarmist maybe not) interpret that statement as maybe not coming back - ever. What the heck?

Are we buying a vehicle with flawed orphaned manual trans, and if so what would that bode for a legit future fix, and out of warranty issues?!

Honestly that makes some sense - they will likely replace all of the manual Transmission broncos transmissions with the new part # at some point to minimize any liability for longterm damage caused by driving around these rock crushers - with say 30,000 manual broncos out there this will likely take 9-12 months to replace them All before installing in new builds which means it's hit or miss if they would offer it in 2024 especially at the start of the model year. Of course the alternative accounting and management decide this is a lost cause and you have some sort of buyback. We will see, I am enjoying my vehicle for now even if it makes some extra noise and doesn't shift like butter sometimes
Sponsored