Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Parts finally came in after over 13 weeks, they took apart the transmission and it is worse than they thought. So now they have to order a transmission with no eta.
Not a shocker. I think you'll be better off on the long run, but this wait is outrageous.
Sponsored

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a shocker. I think you'll be better off on the long run, but this wait is outrageous.
Yah its definitely better to have a new one, but i only drove the thing for 7 months and its been at the dealer over 3.

Emily

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yah its definitely better to have a new one, but i only drove the thing for 7 months and its been at the dealer over 3.
How much worse? Did they show you any parts?

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How much worse? Did they show you any parts?
They didn't show me, they said some bearings were bad that werent suppose to be. On top of whatever the service builtin said was bad.

6surfin6

Base
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco / 2022 JLU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Parts finally came in after over 13 weeks, they took apart the transmission and it is worse than they thought. So now they have to order a transmission with no eta.
That’s terrible, I feel really bad for you! Did Ford ever get back to you with an offer?

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They didn't show me, they said some bearings were bad that werent suppose to be. On top of whatever the service builtin said was bad.
I would love to get one of these completely trashed units into the hands of a trans builder and see them develop a bulletproof kit.

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would love to get one of these completely trashed units into the hands of a trans builder and see them develop a bulletproof kit.
That would be cool, I'm sure ford will just recycle them all and say there never was a problem haha

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope the wait for a new trans is quicker this time around, it's a shame you have had to deal with this. Please keep us posted on your progress. I'd think this is most of our fears, once the dealer has the parts, they find bigger issues, then the wait is on. That's why I'd be hoping in the long run Ford comes to understand a new trans for all is the best course of action, with the least amount of down time.

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope the wait for a new trans is quicker this time around, it's a shame you have had to deal with this. Please keep us posted on your progress. I'd think this is most of our fears, once the dealer has the parts, they find bigger issues, then the wait is on. That's why I'd be hoping in the long run Ford comes to understand a new trans for all is the best course of action, with the least amount of down time.
Ill keep everyone posted, i think everyone i know is sick of hearing me talk about this haha. I figure on here its a good heads up for people going through the same issue. Im definitely glad im getting a new transmission, it sounded way to loud to just have some parts thrown into it.

Sponsored

Mod3lat6202ft

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update from my trusty Ford representative: “your dealer hasn’t received the part yet”. The end. I am glad I am waiting on a transmission from the start at least.

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update from my trusty Ford representative: “your dealer hasn’t received the part yet”. The end. I am glad I am waiting on a transmission from the start at least.
Idk how good their system is. They said my dealer never recieved the part, but they got it last week.

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is exactly the word I'm waiting to hear back. They received my parts and dealer said TSB would be getting performed at some point this week. I requested not to put it back together without sharing pictures or me seeing it with my own eyes which they said was fine. My noises had gotten louder and continuous also developed into performance issues so I believe I'll be in the same boat. Dealer just refused to open anything until TSB parts arrived.

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is exactly the word I'm waiting to hear back. They received my parts and dealer said TSB would be getting performed at some point this week. I requested not to put it back together without sharing pictures or me seeing it with my own eyes which they said was fine. My noises had gotten louder and continuous also developed into performance issues so I believe I'll be in the same boat. Dealer just refused to open anything until TSB parts arrived.
I wouldnt be surprised if yours transmission is bad too. Mine never affected the preformce of the car, the noise just got louder and more consistent.

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update on my Bronco.
The service department is hopeful that they'll receive the new transmission at some point next week. They're unsure what the part number will be. Fingers crossed I don't get a new transmission with grinding.
Sponsored