First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update on mine, after quickly replacing the transmission in December and without question performing the TSB a few weeks ago (Rev C, the vehicle was there for nearly 10 weeks) the sound came back within 48 hours.

Returned the vehicle and a ford engineer came to look and just said that this is a normal noise for the Bronco...

Guess we will see where this goes
Sponsored

Mod3lat6202ft

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update on mine, after quickly replacing the transmission in December and without question performing the TSB a few weeks ago (Rev C, the vehicle was there for nearly 10 weeks) the sound came back within 48 hours.

Returned the vehicle and a ford engineer came to look and just said that this is a normal noise for the Bronco...

I am sorry this happened, did they have a reason all the work was completed to begin with, since it’s normal?

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am sorry this happened, did they have a reason all the work was completed to begin with, since it’s normal?
No answer back yet to my exact same question you asked

The only thing I can think is that they didn't hear it as it's getting warmer

93BRONCO22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
update:

I spoke to the service manager & the parts manager on Friday. The -D arrived at the dealer on 3/30. My vehiicle is next in line for the transmission techs. Hopefully they begin the TSB on Monday. IF things go well, I should have it back next week.
update:
The TSB was completed with the -D and I picked up my Bronco this evening. I’ll have to get some miles on it, but as if now, it no longer sounds like someone dumped sand and marbles in the tranny. The vibration in the clutch/floorboards is gone, as well and it’s shifting smoothly.

The tech said everything else looked good & the fluid was clean.
It only had ~1000 on the new tranny.

I’ll follow up with a pic of the service ticket listing the updated part #. (I made sure it was on there.)

I’ll monitor and update as time goes on.

Mod3lat6202ft

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anybody received or at least attempted to get some sort of no deductible extended warranty on the transmission after it has been repaired/replaced?

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anybody received or at least attempted to get some sort of no deductible extended warranty on the transmission after it has been repaired/replaced?
So like a warranty on top of the warranty you already have?
You have 5 years/60,000 miles of factory powertrain warranty. If something is going to go wrong after your transmission is rebuilt, it’ll happen before that.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yep, the abnormal noise is normal 🙄 , good job @Ford Motor Company Engineer.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

update:
The TSB was completed with the -D and I picked up my Bronco this evening. I’ll have to get some miles on it, but as if now, it no longer sounds like someone dumped sand and marbles in the tranny. The vibration in the clutch/floorboards is gone, as well and it’s shifting smoothly.

The tech said everything else looked good & the fluid was clean.
It only had ~1000 on the new tranny.

I’ll follow up with a pic of the service ticket listing the updated part #. (I made sure it was on there.)

I’ll monitor and update as time goes on.
Just curious, did you ask the tech if he could tell a difference between the old C vs D part he replaced?

Mod3lat6202ft

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So like a warranty on top of the warranty you already have?
You have 5 years/60,000 miles of factory powertrain warranty. If something is going to go wrong after your transmission is rebuilt, it’ll happen before that.
Yeah, pretty much. 10 year 100k miles is what I’ll be asking for. For some strange reason I have no confidence in the transmission. We are on year 3 of pretending there is nothing wrong, why would I believe 5 years will be enough?

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious, did you ask the tech if he could tell a difference between the old C vs D part he replaced?
One had heat marks and metal shavings stuck to it, the other was brand new in box.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, pretty much. 10 year 100k miles is what I’ll be asking for. For some strange reason I have no confidence in the transmission. We are on year 3 of pretending there is nothing wrong, why would I believe 5 years will be enough?
Lol well good luck with that! I hope you get it, but I certainly wouldn’t hold my breath.

Not sure who is pretending. TSB has been out for close to 5 months now. Ford obviously knew what the issue was/has been and has been working on getting the faulty part changed.

If you had 40-50k miles and still had the same concern after just getting it repaired, I could definitely see cause for concern. But it just seems ridiculous to me to expect an extended warranty when you aren’t even close to being out of factory warranty.

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It would be a nice gesture for the company to do something like this. Subaru cut my lil sis a few thousand and a extended warranty for a similar problem on her Crosstrek. I don't think a 100k warranty is a big ask. We are on the third model year and the problem is still present.

Last edited:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One had heat marks and metal shavings stuck to it, the other was brand new in box.
Did they change the rocks to ones that were smooth and already tumbled to stop the noise?

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For anyone with a 2023 model year and concerned about the TSB not including that year, I just brought mine in to the dealer yesterday and they heard the noise, but because the TSB does not include that MY they need approval from Ford before they can proceed. I mentioned the part number change for the 5/6 synchronizer but they said they have to follow the TSB when ordering. I'm hopeful that Ford will acknowledge that this is the same issue on my 2023, that is in the TSB, and that the "D" part # will be ordered, but I find it frustrating that both of these have not been updated on the TSB. It makes no sense to me that the TSB is outdated.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the dealership where I bought mine has completed the TSB on one of the other 23's they sold. It might be worth checking another dealership
Sponsored

Last edited: