smiley75

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd go for it. It's a bummer to lose the 360 cameras, but all the bloat that comes with the Lux package, I think I'd trade down.
Agree, specially with the ACC being not as smart, as say F150s or even a Bronco Sport... Feels like a let down and not worth the price premium. The 12" standard screen now is a good deal for 80% of consumers.
Sponsored

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hoss 3.0 on all Sas Bronco's, another kick in the nuts for the Wildtrak guys.
Will the WildTrak still be the only model with the FOX suspension and rear sway bar? The HOSS 3.0 components being standard on the other models are only the steering components (rack, tie rods), right?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will the WildTrak still be the only model with the FOX suspension and rear sway bar? The HOSS 3.0 components being standard on the other models are only the steering components (rack, tie rods), right?
Every 4-door Sas Bronco has a rear sway bar beginning with MY22

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I agree. I have an order for a MY24 Badlands which is just over 61k (non-sas). Im now debating if a Black Diamond might be a better option for me (will not really need 2.7, LuxPackage or Disconnect) I could option a similar BD for 57,500 (which does include SAS). So basically more for less? I find it had to justify the difference but hate that they dont give the option on the 2.3L with the Badlands anymore. Anyways should be a much better deal now with the HOSS3.0 steering components, I wonder if they will include upper control arms as well?
I thought they do offer the 2.3L, but you have to shift it yourself.?

Sponsored

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So... @Jordan Parker and @LauraZielinski of Bronco Nation did a Q&A with the Bronco Brand Team during Woodward Dream Cruise a few weeks ago.

It's finally been posted. And because I'm insane and obviously have nothing better to do with my life, I decided to transcribe it.

Links

Participants
  • Matt Winter - Bronco Brand Manager
  • Alison Davis - Assistant Brand Manager, Bronco, Bronco Sport, and Mustang
  • Donte Jenkins - Ownership & Experience Manager - Enthusiast Brands (Bronco and Mustang)
  • @Jordan Parker - Bronco Nation Staff Member
  • @LauraZielinski - Bronco Nation Staff Member
  • Members of the Bronco community

Transcript

Note: Not a full transcript obviously, this is just the Q&A section, and admittedly some sections were difficult to transcribe. Check out the podcast if you want the full conversation.

@Jordan Parker - What does the Bronco Brand Team do?
@LauraZielinski - How does the team receive feedback? Events? Forums? Dealers? Customers?
@Jordan Parker - How hard is it to balance the desires of more off-road focused customers versus the more every-day use customers?
@LauraZielinski - When you're at Ford and looking at sales data, have you noticed that some trims and configurations are more popular in certain areas of the country? And if so, can you share some examples?
@Jordan Parker - How does sharing a plant with the Ranger affect some of the Bronco decisions you all have to make when it comes to new trims, new colors, new parts so on and so forth?
@LauraZielinski - Can we get more detailed production numbers? 2-door vs 4-door? Manual vs automatic?
@Jordan Parker - Was the decision to limit Big Bend to the 2.3L, and take away the 2.3L automatic on the Badlands more about providing a better differentiation between the upper and the lower trims? Or is there some other reason? Perhaps multiple reasons?
@LauraZielinski - Was there a trim/package/set of options that ended up being less popular than you expected. And is there one that ended up being more popular?
@Jordan Parker - How does a brand team deal with negative dealership behavior?
@LauraZielinski - Does the Ford team have any guidelines you follow to make sure the aftermarket stays robust and in the loop with future changes? Are there certain accessories Ford will not develop in house because a team feels the aftermarket can do it better?
@Jordan Parker -Any chance of a larger gas tank in the 2-door from model year 24 or beyond?
@Jordan Parker - Will there be Blue Cruise on model year 24 or beyond?
@LauraZielinski - Does the brand management have a list of vendors whose products will or won't affect warranty?
@Jordan Parker - The new robust steering gear that's now on the Badlands and Wildtrak for 24 model year... is that the same steering gear that was previously included as a part of HOSS 3.0 or something totally different?
Audience Question - How can we use the Trail App more as a navigation device and assistant within the Bronco as opposed to just recording the adventure.
Audience Question - When will the Trail app be compatible with the Bronco Sport?
Audience Question - What surprised you about the production, development, go-to market strategy of the vehicle that have surprised the team?
Audience Question - Bronco Ladies Club request—can we get Bronco color-matched nail polish?
Audience Question - Are you guys tracking what vehicles people are coming from?
Audience Question - Is the Bronco really limited to 3500 lbs towing... or... can I push it?
Audience Question -Will we ever get to meet the @Ford Motor Company user on the forums in person?

END
As always, you come through in a major way sir! We thank you yet again👏🏼🤘🏼

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Ford Bronco, '19 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excited to see the response from all the dealers who’ve told me in the past few weeks about $5-7.5k markups on 23 badlands. Stoked I told them to pound sand, stopped reaching out to dealers to find one at sticker and put in a 24 badsquatch order earlier this week.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hoss 3.0 on all Sas Bronco's, another kick in the nuts for the Wildtrak guys.
A lot of “not for 2024” in there. So 2025 refresh is going to be interesting.

I didn’t see the tow testing spy photo, but I’m betting that tow testing includes a different rear axle.
Agreed. I bet the move to the full float rear and bump up towing to 5,000 lbs.
That would be cool if they did that at some point in the future.

Jeep tried to make a big splash with the upgraded towing, but when you look into it, they really screwed it up. You can ONLY get 5000 lbs towing with the base Rubicon trim, the 4.10 axles, and the automatic transmission. Once you swap out different axle ratios, get the manual, or add on the Xtreme 35s tire package it drops back down to 3500 lbs.

That means the Wrangler 392 is still only 3500 lbs... which is equal parts completely baffling and hilarious.

So I think there is a big opportunity for Ford to really capitalize on that if they increase towing to 5000 lbs--or even 4500 lbs like the Braptor has--for 2025MY.

Anyone find this towing photo that is supposedly on the internet?

The bronco is similar too, IIRC I am only supposed to tow 3320 with my WT due to GVWR restrictions I am assuming. The lack of at least a 5k capacity is really the only thing that disappoints me about this truck. That said I think every badsquatch should have gotten the 3.0 steering gear from the jump. I don't feel like my WT is any less valuable because others get it now, and I am sure the 2.0 suspension doesn't float anywhere near as well as the tuned Fox shocks do.

Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A 3.0 rack without de-coding the Matrix.
Next year's tax return already spent.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On dropping the 2.3 from certain trims:

"Multiple reasons. We're trying to, again, help customers find the right vehicle for them—streamline the process and really get everyone into the Bronco that is best suited to what their adventure is going to be. And by making some of those changes, we're hoping that helps customers decide what that is."

Translation: "were helping customers find the right car by removing their choice in the matter "

BRUH lol.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Totally happy with my '21. If the rack fails, I'll replace it with 3.0. Or 4.0 if it's out there by then...

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
.... That said I think every badsquatch should have gotten the 3.0 steering gear from the jump. I don't feel like my WT is any less valuable because others get it now, and I am sure the 2.0 suspension doesn't float anywhere near as well as the tuned Fox shocks do.
If I opted for a Wildtrak for the stronger rack, only to find out that I could've saved $10k by going with the Heritage Edition while not losing out on much other than some shocks..... I would've been disappointed after everything else that went on with the WT since the start.

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are hoss 2.0 broncos able to upgrade to the hoss 3.0 tie rods only or do you have to have the upgraded steering rack too?
Sponsored