Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

96F5928E-A11E-40E5-A9FC-1076B096C5E1.jpeg

I don’t want to complain, because at least I have a VIN. But this really sucks for those of us who switched to a soft-top (based on Ford’s recommendation), and are supposed to be built in August. Ford won’t let us make any changes at this point. But I wish we had the option to delay til September now, considering all of those builds will get a hard-top prep kit.

It seems no matter what situation you’re in, as long as you have a Bronco reservation, Ford will find a way to screw you. 😂
That seems to be the case. I'm in the same boat. The 2 door people seem to be in a worse boat. The mod top people aren't happy about this news either. I feel like because they install hookups for hard tops already that it would never have been difficult to just add them to all broncos. And certainly once they realized they couldn't get hard tops, start putting them on all soft tops to get people to switch immediately. Now we have everyone guessing what their build date might be if they switch. It's really disappolnting.
Sponsored

imatexan3

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra All-Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the price protection date stinks. I’m a 3/30 reservation holder and the only reason I waited was because I knew the MOD top would be a MY22 so there was no point in trying to get in earlier. Now knowing I lose that and price protection and should’ve just gone with MIC or soft top ticks me off. I wonder how long the wait will be if you go with a soft top and then try to just purchase a MOD top. They better not go up in price anytime soon!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Ford... Offer us 4 door WT a soft top option then?

FE will get the MIC, 2 door will get the MIC, which leaves the 4 door WT the only true FU trim.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
mod tops delayed to my 23

bummer

oh well glad i didnt get the soft top that would have been a huge mistake then
At this rate, I'll probably be ready to trade the vehicle I just bought and get the Bronco I wanted in the beginning. I wonder if the mod top delay is perhaps they're going to a new vendor?

Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It certainly appears that those of us that ordered 2drs did not get an email. Is this correct? I have received all the other mass emails.
Same for me, and I have a VIN

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It should be cost plus free shipping. It’s their F up.
Lets face it... a price lock may be a bad thing... All things considered MY22/MY23 these things may be way cheaper cuz no one wants them.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It certainly appears that those of us that ordered 2drs did not get an email. Is this correct? I have received all the other mass emails.

2door MIC all along for me and I got the Comm. But I'm MY22 anyway on late res.

Maybe those who didn't are scheduled and don't know it!

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I the only one that doesn't see 2 dr's as any new problem? MY21 will continue with SOME customers being MY22.
It sounds like they're not going to be able to crank up mic top production when they go into high gear in August, so mic top orders (all 2 doors) will continue to be built at snails pace while they apply their capacity to 4 dr soft tops (for dealer stock). So, true, 2 door is in the same situation but we learned that situation is pretty dire.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So what happens if you damage your hardtop in the 2021/2022? You can not get a collision repair MIC top?
Duct tape is your friend. Or maybe insurance covers a Bestop.

Sponsored

PleaseDontRoll

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, I just joined this forum, but besides the people who got their Broncos, what a fucked up week.
At this point we get our weekly update of how Ford is delaying builds/breaking promises/failing to deliver on their side of the bargin (but they are SO sorry so its ok!), just stick around and you are in for plenty of more entertaining weekly Ford updates.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, as a 2dr MIC top with a boatload of constraints and an extremely early Res. Date/time, nothing changes. Still in a holding pattern.

The only thing I’m now considering is possibly ditching, Lux for high and dropping Sas and the 2.7 auto for 2.3 manual and the black high gloss wheels. Maybe that will help? I wish my salesman would talk to me and discuss options. My guy is worthless. Any takers? I have a 7/13 6:10Pm MT reservation and #1 of 56 allocation and no build date.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Additionally, my invoice from Granger said I had a MOD top and priority code 19. I asked them to switch it to 99 but not sure if that happened. That being said, no details about the Ford Pass points in my email. I should in theory get them though since I have a res from October and may wait till ‘23, correct?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've received every email besides this one. 2 Dr wildtrak mic top. Wondering why that may be 🤔 no Vin either btw
I have same build no vin and received the email.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2 dr and 4 dr top are completely different, so IMO it's not make one or the other. Seperate molds, seperate lines.
Sponsored