First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They do offer a third option, Bronco Sport!
Wow, really not letting this go. Does the Bronco Sport offer the same capabilities as the regular Bronco? No. Why keep bringing the Bronco Sport into this. Yes, i get it. It has a solid roof. But it doesn't have the look or capabilities of the regular Bronco which is why i opted for the regular Bronco. Did i buy the bronco specifically for the open air experience? No. Which is why a third solid roof (with the same capabilities) sound good to me. Stop bringing up the Bronco Sport. Not in the same category.
Sponsored

Jug

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a 73 model Bronco with a bolt on metal roof. Never took it off in over 200,000 miles. If they could make a solid roof like it had and bolted on I would be in for one.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2C15C394-5296-4538-A129-3BC91CA6A18E.jpeg

Yes, Iā€™d rather have the Ford Everest and a 5,000lb towing capacity.
No I want the Bronco to be what it is, drop the top, get it dirty, rinse it out...repeat.

However, I have always wondered why it is that global manufacturers will build models that are exclusive to one country but not available in another, i.e. Everest. I understand the NHSTA and CAFE regulations, but wouldnā€™t it make more sense than having to design, engineer and market fewer vehicles available in all markets and import/export as needed rather than have to design and support multiple vehicles for different markets?

All mfgā€™s do this, just curious why I can get a Toyota Tacoma in the US but not a Hi-Lux, or a Ford Ranger but not the Everest, etc, etc. The Everest looks great, higher ground clearance and very modifiable down under and weā€™d be very interested in a midsize SUV, (not that we wouldnā€™t have our Bronco for play as well). The Explorer does nothing for us, very street oriented with zero off-road capability.

I dunno, like I said, just wondering it would seem mfgā€™s could save a lot of time and money by limiting the number of models and shipping parts, assemblies or entire vehicles to any market in the world.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why not give the consumer the choice of a solid roof? And the OP did not state that the removable roof(s) would no longer be an option. The solid roof would just be another roof option - which may make a lot of sense to a number of Bronco owner wannabees. And no the Bronco Sport is not an alternative - totally different type of vehicle. Ford may just be surprised at the number of additional sales it may get by opening up the market with a solid roof option.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a 73 model Bronco with a bolt on metal roof. Never took it off in over 200,000 miles. If they could make a solid roof like it had and bolted on I would be in for one.
Agree, this is the correct answer. Still have the removable but also this. I guess you kind of have it when they release the MOD though.

I do find it funny everyone losing their shit about a removable roof but it was never what the Bronco was built for (excluding 78-79).

Personally I'm looking forward to removable but don't necessarily need it.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The last generations of bronco weren't designed to have the top removed. People did it anyways, but they were designed to be more permanent and would mess up the sealing when removed.

I'd love a "fixed" top with a panoramic sunroof.

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had an 84 wrangler 2Dr hardtop. Technically, it was a removable top. Did we ever take it off? No. Make a one piece roof that is attached at similar hardpoints as the MIC. Pretty sure the market would match the market for MT. If you want to spend an hour taking it off, fine. Want to leave it on, have no squeaks, leaks or rattles, fine.

Sponsored

Yamahamer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^ This! Mine's shown in my avatar.

I've been a Wrangler owner for 30 years now. Had the top off on a Jeep only once. Didn't like it at all. I would LOVE a Bronco with a solid, body-colored roof - and door windows that fit solidly into frames. Unlike others I have not had good experiences with frameless windows. Ones I had would develop terrible wind whistle after a few years.

If I feel the need for that "open-air" experience I'll jump on my dirt bike!

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, would've just kept my truck

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport ,first edition C.G
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Agree, this is the correct answer. Still have the removable but also this. I guess you kind of have it when they release the MOD though.

I do find it funny everyone losing their shit about a removable roof but it was never what the Bronco was built for (excluding 78-79).Yes I at first had a bronco on order then gave it some thought and said how many times will I go rock crawling or take the roof off,so I decided at that point to get a bronco sport first edition,yes it cost me a few thousand more than a big bronco but I have been driving it now for 5 months and is everything I need and want.Not to say Isometimes in the future buy a bronco 2 door with a 2.3 3speed just for kicks .they are both amazing vehicles.

Personally I'm looking forward to removable but don't necessarily need it.
530558FE-B29B-49F3-B072-EA84D8FA137E.jpeg