Sponsored

Update: resolved in part thanks to this community!...Dealer stated FoMoCo canceled my First Edition (VIN in hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
PLEASE HELP!!!

While on the subject and because y'all are amazing with your help, I was wondering if I maybe able to get some answers.

I have a day 1 or 2 reservation (one of the first to get a vin at my dealership). I received my vin and original build date of 6/14. It has been pushed back many times. It is currently scheduled for 11/1 BUT as of last week, I am unable to track it via Fords email. It states that order or Vin isn't valid. Has anyone else experienced this?
I just emailed my dealers general manager but its almost midnight, so I dont expect to hear from him until morning. He's been pretty cool and keeping me up to date...when I ask. So far, there has been about 150 reservations made at his dealerships but only 2 delivered (1 a few months ago and the other this week. Both soft tops). The GM recommended I stay with the hardtop since I was so high on the list and received my Vin early. Is there a chance my vin got canceled, the dealer is screwing me or something else is going on?

p.s. Ive tried all the window sticker links y'all have provided and it say nothing is available
Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
PLEASE HELP!!!

While on the subject and because y'all are amazing with your help, I was wondering if I maybe able to get some answers.

I have a day 1 or 2 reservation (one of the first to get a vin at my dealership). I received my vin and original build date of 6/14. It has been pushed back many times. It is currently scheduled for 11/1 BUT as of last week, I am unable to track it via Fords email. It states that order or Vin isn't valid. Has anyone else experienced this?
I just emailed my dealers general manager but its almost midnight, so I dont expect to hear from him until morning. He's been pretty cool and keeping me up to date...when I ask. So far, there has been about 150 reservations made at his dealerships but only 2 delivered (1 a few months ago and the other this week. Both soft tops). The GM recommended I stay with the hardtop since I was so high on the list and received my Vin early. Is there a chance my vin got canceled, the dealer is screwing me or something else is going on?

p.s. Ive tried all the window sticker links y'all have provided and it say nothing is available
Sorry, one problem per thread….,,

do you have documentation from Ford with the original vin number? If so, wouldn’t a first step be sending Ford the document and ask.

I am unsure why the first step is contacting the stealership.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PLEASE HELP!!!

Start another thread.

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry, one problem per thread….,,

do you have documentation from Ford with the original vin number? If so, wouldn’t a first step be sending Ford the document and ask.

I am unsure why the first step is contacting the stealership.
Yeah all the info have come from official Ford Emails. My dealership has been pretty good so far. Signed quotes, calling the rep to change things after Ford announced things (free hardtop liner). Ive stopped in the dealership several times and he will show me all the orders, codes, where Im at, etc.
Im just not sure what's going on with the tracking the vin. Is it possible I will get pushed to 22 MY with a 21 MY vin?

Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah all the info have come from official Ford Emails. My dealership has been pretty good so far. Signed quotes, calling the rep to change things after Ford announced things (free hardtop liner). Ive stopped in the dealership several times and he will show me all the orders, codes, where Im at, etc.
Im just not sure what's going on with the tracking the vin. Is it possible I will get pushed to 22 MY with a 21 MY vin?
I agree start another thread. This is a weird one. If you have all the documentation, submit it to Ford?

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like it's time for another stealership awareness campaign. Name the dealer OP!

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I bet it comes with cocaine in between the seats.
Back in 2001 I bought a F-250 dealer demo, that had a good size nug of bud in the passenger door pocket and cocaine all over the inside of the lower dash panel. Got a brand new truck the next day with $5000- refund. Threatened to call the news station, they caved.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you want help, you should give people enough info to actually help you. You know, like a VIN and an order number.

Sponsored

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got the call from the dealer that my First Edition won't be built despite getting a VIN earlier this year. I'm told Ford gave the dealer 3 options for me 1. To be first in line for a MY22 (not FE). 2. To be first in line for a Raptor for which there are 0 details, or 3. Cancel all together.

Needless to say as a first day reservation holder for my FE I'm disappointed as last I heard my Bronco would be delivered in November. Heck, I've even been driving by the dealership to see if it arrived early.

What would y'all do if put in my shoes? I'm told I have until Friday.
When you think about it, the Raptor is a first addition Raptor Bronco and you are trading up to a more desirable and more expensive vehicle (solely based on Truck Raptor prices). Just try to get the MRSP on the Raptor in writing.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Happed to a customer at my local dealer too. Gave them a first shot at a Raptor.
I would say accept the Raptor it will have the most value. And as others have said make sure you have a signed written agreement of no more than MSRP.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just be sure which raptor, in an other thread here I read a guy was offered a F150 Raptor, nice but not the same.
And make sure you have the $ for what ever the Raptor will cost AND that said dealer will even get one. All that would have to be in writing w/o and "oops" clauses for the dealer to weasel out.

But first talk to Ford directly, if you can't get through to customer service, as your dealer for the number of the local rep or try to find it otherwise.

Nbhave

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Raptor - no brainer. Same price and higher value.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.