Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am saying read the threads in the forum where MAP will be shut down 3-4 weeks in July to redesign the assembly Line to accommodate B.Raptor and other like vehicles Like ranger Raptor, the B raptor is 10 inches wider. That's all. Would be real fun to watch them squeeze 10 lbs of poop in a 5 pound bag before July. I believe they will be some of the first to be built in July August..after they modify the assembly line etc..maybe they push that date up, but May? LOL...ok...Someone listens to way too much Aerosmith....Dream On!
I’ve been wondering the same thing in my head, thanks for spelling this out.
Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This post is Hilarious, do people not realize the line will be down for a couple weeks in july to retool for the Raptor and other vehicles? lol..whatever.
This came up during one of Mitchell‘s (TC Customs) live streams. They will retool the line in JULY.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am saying read the threads in the forum where MAP will be shut down 3-4 weeks in July to redesign the assembly Line to accommodate B.Raptor and other like vehicles Like ranger Raptor, the B raptor is 10 inches wider. That's all. Would be real fun to watch them squeeze 10 lbs of poop in a 5 pound bag before July. I believe they will be some of the first to be built in July August..after they modify the assembly line etc..maybe they push that date up, but May? LOL...ok...Someone listens to way too much Aerosmith....Dream On!
A lot to unpack here but I 100% stand with Dr.Detroit.
DD, keep fighting the good fight and don’t let the haterz drinking the haterade get to you, bro.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Listen, I understand people want their vehicles. I do also. It is a community of positive people helping each other. That is what our mission is here.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Was told order bank opens March 7, anyone else hear the same?

Sponsored

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This came up during one of Mitchell‘s (TC Customs) live streams. They will retool the line in JULY.
A lot to unpack here but I 100% stand with Dr.Detroit.
DD, keep fighting the good fight and don’t let the haterz drinking the haterade get to you, bro.
Listen, I understand people want their vehicles. I do also. It is a community of positive people helping each other. That is what our mission is here.
Good News: Ford has already figured out how to run the Bronco Raptor down the same line. There’s no reason to wait until July or August to begin building Bronco Raptors.

Got these links from Bronco Nation.

https://liftkits4less.com/blog/the-bronco-raptor-is-too-big-for-fords-production-line

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...ronco-raptor-s-too-tall-for-the-assembly-line

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Was told order bank opens March 7, anyone else hear the same?
That is when 2022 Job 1 closes, we should be able to enter Raptor orders around March 9 based on what Ford as been communicating.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good News: Ford has already figured out how to run the Bronco Raptor down the same line. There’s no reason to wait until July or August to begin building Bronco Raptors.

https://liftkits4less.com/blog/the-bronco-raptor-is-too-big-for-fords-production-line

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...ronco-raptor-s-too-tall-for-the-assembly-line
It is not what the plant is telling me but, I hope you are correct. That would be awesome.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It is not what the plant is telling me but, I hope you are correct. That would be awesome.
Are you sure that is not about MY23 Job 1 changes which would be in July?

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are you sure that is not about MY23 Job 1 changes which would be in July?
Yes of course, and the line is being made wider, maybe they will run a few before they retool..like I said that would be great.

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't think that solved the need to retool.

IRCC, the plant normally shuts down for the summer, during that time the line is retooled and production commences in September.

I'm speculating, but I think they are retooling for the Raptor, MY22.5 refresh (Wildtrack's new suspension option) and special editions. MY22 Raptors will roll off before production of MY23.

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't think that solved the need to retool.
Sounds like Ford found a solution that does not require retooling. Of course, I’m not saying they won’t retool in the summer, but the only important point for me anyway, is that they don’t have to wait for that retooling before Bronco Raptor production can begin.

Raptor Advanced Systems Engineer Jack Cooper told Motor Authority early in the production line the rear axle can’t fully droop, otherwise the Bronco Raptor won’t fit. The solution came in the form of a two-position lower shock mount bracket that holds the rear axle an inch higher than normal via two bolts per side placed in the upper slot position.

And from the other article linked above:

“We found a fairly unique solution," said Derek Bier, Ford Performance's vehicle engineering manager. Production experts realized that adding two bolts on a bracket at the bottom of the axles allowed assembly line workers to use them to hold the axle higher.
When the SUV clears the pinch point, workers simply have to remove the bolts in order to lower the bracket to get that additional inch. Ford was actually pretty lucky such a simple, cheap, and quick solution was found. It simply cannot afford to have this extreme SUV not ready in time.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sounds like Ford found a solution that does not require retooling. Of course, I’m not saying they won’t retool in the summer, but the only important point for me anyway, is that they don’t have to wait for that retooling before Bronco Raptor production can begin.
Raptor Advanced Systems Engineer Jack Cooper told Motor Authority early in the production line the rear axle can’t fully droop, otherwise the Bronco Raptor won’t fit. The solution came in the form of a two-position lower shock mount bracket that holds the rear axle an inch higher than normal via two bolts per side placed in the upper slot position.

And from the other article linked above:

“We found a fairly unique solution," said Derek Bier, Ford Performance's vehicle engineering manager. Production experts realized that adding two bolts on a bracket at the bottom of the axles allowed assembly line workers to use them to hold the axle higher.
When the SUV clears the pinch point, workers simply have to remove the bolts in order to lower the bracket to get that additional inch. Ford was actually pretty lucky such a simple, cheap, and quick solution was found. It simply cannot afford to have this extreme SUV not ready in time.
Those articles are from late January and early and early Feb.

TC Customs recent lived stream mentioned the retooling.

As a "Golden Ticket" holder, I hope I'm wrong.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The people I talk to in the plant usually are not incorrect. Plans change of course, but what do I know!

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The people I talk to in the plant usually are not incorrect. Plans change of course, but what do I know!
In the video Mitchell seems to suggest the information is coming from someone credible and works at the plant.

Like you, I could have no clue. LOL!
Sponsored