Reaction score
Website
www.buildingmybronco.com
Vehicle(s)
G35
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got this email.. So does that mean I won't get my antimatter blue color...

Dear Future Bronco Owner,

There's nothing we want more than to get your Bronco to you.

But unfortunately, we're having appearance and quality issues with our hardtop roofs, such that Broncos produced to date will have their roofs replaced.

As you can imagine this is causing further delays in production timing, because we need to replace all existing hardtop roofs before we can make any new hardtop Broncos. As a result, we will not be able to get you a 2021 model year Bronco with a hardtop.

We know it's no consolation for the delay but for 2022 you'll have access to new colors, new options, and new special editions. More details on 2022 ordering will be sent out in September. Your dealer will reach out at that time to place your order and see how they might be able to help with any vehicle needs, making the wait for your Bronco a little more bearable. As a reminder, your reservation timestamp will remain with your order for scheduling priority in the 2022 model year.

And if you want your Bronco sooner, consider switching to a 4-door soft top with hardtop prep kit – your dealer can help make that happen and get you out into the wild sooner.

We will also continue to show how much we appreciate your patience with exclusive Bronco swag and experiences until you're behind the wheel.

Please click here for more information and details on this announcement.

This isn't the email you wanted but we thank you for your ongoing patience as we continue the hard work of bringing back a legend.

The Entire Bronco Team
Sponsored

Djaws9

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i emailed the lady at the dealership in charge of all things bronco, asking about the arbitrary 3/19 price protection. Why that date? Ford didnt admit the MIC issues on that date. Price protection should literally end today and reservation from here on out. Interested to see what she'll say. Why have me come in and sign on my build sheet and and estimated price give or take a few hundred they said???

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford send me my 2-door with a soft top) right now, or give me

OR they could put a soft top on it, won't leak, and ship it now.

2023 or later.
There's no soft top for the 2 door unless you buy the $2300 TrekTop made by Bestop. Ford should consider that as a discount option to those interested.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
then no you sadly cannot change anything. they made that clear in the messaging yesterday. here is a link to the little round table they had on youtube:

Ford should take another look at that decision. That would go a long ways towards clearing up the mess sooner.

Sponsored

Tmite

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im done waiting!
I just switched to Soft top. Should've done it sooner. Id certainly would've either gotten it by now or I'd be with the 6/23 crew.
Definitely want the mod top moving forward.
Hope tp hear something on the next schedule date.

Badlands 4dr
Mic to Soft 8/12
Reserve 8am Second day
Lux
Squash
Tow

Last edited:

colotex

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus RC350 F Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's no soft top for the 2 door unless you buy the $2300 TrekTop made by Bestop. Ford should consider that as a discount option to those interested.
My understanding is Ford will not ship a two door with ANY soft top. Two doors roll out with MIC only. Same as Wildtrak. If they would let me have my two door with that fast back bestop soft top I would take that right now. The top’s coming off immediately anyway… I’m putting a Bimini top on so I don’t care. I just want the vehicle.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im done waiting!
Defiantly want to eventually get Mod top.
Hope tp hear something on the next schedule date.

Badlands 4dr
Mic to Soft 8/12
Reserve 8am Second day
Lux
Squash
Tow
Being defiant isn't going to help you. ;)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My understanding is Ford will not ship a two door with ANY soft top. Two doors roll out with MIC only. Same as Wildtrak. If they would let me have my two door with that fast back bestop soft top I would take that right now. The top’s coming off immediately anyway… I’m putting a Bimini top on so I don’t care. I just want the vehicle.
Ford says they want to fix the issue, but keep putting up roadblocks to easy solutions.

Benzito

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My first post and it includes an unsolicited suggestion to FMC:

190,000 reservations are made x $10 each for some sort of token of appreciation (hat, shirt, keychain, whatever - let us know you care) = $1.9 million. Add a few bucks for postage. Probably a lot less than what they're paying to a PR firm for damage control.

* Will be attending the Moab Off-Roadeo over Labor Day Weekend and still, as of today, committed to my January 27, 2021 reservation. :cool:

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
...and it doesn't. F is up this morning in a down market, and this info is now available to all of the analysts who cover Ford. People yesterday talking about shorting F because of this were off their rocker....unless they believe it speaks to deeper problems within the company, which could be valid. This on it's own though will make no difference at all to that valuation....as can be seen this morning.
lmfaooo. Nope, down marginally yesterday, down 2% today.
I guess Ford should have sent their solution email today after 5pm.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Remember, if they wanted to ship these tops cheap to dealers, they could stack them on top of finished Bronco shipping to dealers anyway at nearly no cost. These tops are designed to be stacked for shipping in the first place.

Lots of easy solutions, problem is that Ford doesn't want their messed up tops to ever see the light of day. They should have stopped building hardtops when they knew they had severe problems rather than waiting for 3,000 units to be built and then stored on Dirt Mountain!

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or at least allow us to buy a hard-top later at the $695 cost.
$695 is not the cost. Originally your bronco (unless you're 2 door or WT) has the soft top built into the pricing. If you ADD the MIC then it ADDS $695 which is the difference. Speculation is that it's closer to $3k plus shipping will be $$$.

SasquatchBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here, I was pricing Wranglers this morning. I don't know if I can bring myself to buying a Jeep though.

s-l300.png

Current 2016 Rubicon owner but also have two (2) Ford Broncos reserved.
One Bronco is gonna be a company vehicle, other will be my daily.
(Keeping the Jeep, it's paid for and setup for rock crawling)

T2Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17BMW330i, 70Porsche911, 22BroncoBadlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$695 is not the cost. Originally your bronco (unless you're 2 door or WT) has the soft top built into the pricing. If you ADD the MIC then it ADDS $695 which is the difference. Speculation is that it's closer to $3k plus shipping will be $$$.
You are correct. It is the cost of the dual-top option, less the cost of the soft-top. That is what they should be offering customers. The point is; they should offer some sort of cost base and pragmatic solution for us early-adaptors. I think there will be a lot of shocked folks who changed their build to get an early delivery thinking that buying a hard-top later will not be prohibitive. It will be expensive. Just go price out an Unlimited hardtop as a proxy.
Sponsored