First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dear Ford, If the roofs don't leak and are only cosmetic please sell me my Bronco and I'll come back when you build up a bigger float.
Sponsored

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was today's production output of good hardtops?

I would like to think that it was any number greater than 0... But I haven't heard any news suggesting that V2 tops are being produced.

Ford hasn’t been transparent about the issue and I have no idea how many tops per day they can build, but I do know that they shut down production just because of tops in the past.
I would also like to think the number of acceptable tops produced daily is anything other than zero.

Anyone know what to look for in a V2 top? I stopped by my dealer and they were holding a 2 door for an out of town customer. I didn't see anything wrong with the top.

Nice rounded edge
Ford Bronco đź“Ł Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 4786C595-FCCA-4B07-A6FF-A58C197136A7
Ford Bronco đź“Ł Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced F99D0DF8-5725-4CD7-A6B4-EF25168981A8

No sign of honeycomb or snakeskin
Ford Bronco đź“Ł Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced E3C2027C-2929-4D84-8345-9848A3C28126

Ford Bronco đź“Ł Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 77529448-2FCD-4942-8531-8B84F1F4329D

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Unfortunately, I think this has more to do with filling the order books in accordance with their currently planned timeline. FE reservation holders should feel good about getting their rigs this year, but I think any getting built in September is incredibly optimistic
Good morning Ross. What is your take on Ford scheduling FE's for September Builds last Thursday if they have no MIC Tops? I was moved to September 13 build week. :unsure:

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you were in before 03/19 I would think you would be fine. Ford said they would honor price protection for us who got in before that date. I don't recall any exceptions, but if someone does I'm sure they will let us know. So, you should be able to order any trim you want at the '21 pricing schedule.

Disclaimer: However, I've been wrong before. Just ask my wife. :)
I believe the statement was they were holding pricing as long as your order didn’t significantly change in price/spec - I believe jumping trims is that exact exception.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe the statement was they were holding pricing as long as your order didn’t significantly change in price/spec - I believe jumping trims is that exact exception.
Oh my, I must have missed that somewhere along the line. With all the crap going on, and all the delays I would think Ford would let those of us that have been waiting so long order any trim we want in '22. It's no skin off their teeth, and they still make a profit. But that would make sense, and there has been very little that has made sense in this entire roll out.

Sponsored

Uplander

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 U13
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm assuming today's hardtop production was zero... Nadda... Zilch.... Squat.
Are they trying to make "good" V1 hardtops in the meantime?? If that's even possible, then why even retool for a new top?
Are they making more bad tops just for something to cover the truck while they park it and wait for a V2 top? Doubt it....
They're making soft top Bronco's exclusively right now AFAIK. Production FE's will be the first trucks to get the new top. 🤷
Didn’t Ross say:

“Once that happens, they have committed to building new MIC hardtops for all units that have already been delivered, then the "bad batch" Broncos trapped at MAP, THEN for production of new units.” ??

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would also like to think the number of acceptable tops produced daily is anything other than zero.

Anyone know what to look for in a V2 top? I stopped by my dealer and they were holding a 2 door for an out of town customer. I didn't see anything wrong with the top.

Nice rounded edge
4786C595-FCCA-4B07-A6FF-A58C197136A7.jpeg
F99D0DF8-5725-4CD7-A6B4-EF25168981A8.jpeg

E3C2027C-2929-4D84-8345-9848A3C28126.jpeg

77529448-2FCD-4942-8531-8B84F1F4329D.jpeg
Usually the joint between the side panel and rear panel was where the biggest issues were noticed if they are rolled like the front edge now then you would be seeing an improved roof. Also the edge where the top meets the sides is known to be rough. Those are the ones to look at the closest.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn’t Ross say:

“Once that happens, they have committed to building new MIC hardtops for all units that have already been delivered, then the "bad batch" Broncos trapped at MAP, THEN for production of new units.” ??
Yeah.... What'd I say? 🤷

Uplander

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 U13
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Production FE's will be the first trucks to get the new top.”
OH... I see where you're coming from now. Lol
I meant on the production line! Sorry...
FE's on the production line will have first dips on the new MIC's...
To be honest, I'm thinking the bad batchers and the already delivered MIC's will be split for priority. Unless a customer has his truck at the dealer because its leaking line a seive, Ford will wanna clear the lots of the bad batchers ASAP.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Nice rounded edge
Ford Bronco đź“Ł Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 77529448-2FCD-4942-8531-8B84F1F4329D

That looks like an updated one to me TBH. The other ones I seen don’t look like that at all.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OH... I see where you're coming from now. Lol
I meant on the production line! Sorry...
FE's on the production line will have first dips on the new MIC's...
To be honest, I'm thinking the bad batchers and the already delivered MIC's will be split for priority. Unless a customer has his truck at the dealer because its leaking line a seive, Ford will wanna clear the lots of the bad batchers ASAP.
During the Q&A Esteban said they’re going to FIFO the new tops. I think it would be awfully foolish to build new units with shitty tops just to park them and replace them. I can see them splitting them up. X new tops go to the Float units and X go toward production.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

During the Q&A Esteban said they’re going to FIFO the new tops. I think it would be awfully foolish to build new units with shitty tops just to park them and replace them. I can see them splitting them up. X new tops go to the Float units and X go toward production.
I believe you're right... It's not gonna be as linear as Ford says it'll be. They'll need to clear the lots for new production as well. In all honestly, like I alluded to, if customers aren't in an emergency situation with their bad tops, I think they'll actually be 3rd in line or get a lesser portion of 2.0 MIC's

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last edited:

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh my, I must have missed that somewhere along the line. With all the crap going on, and all the delays I would think Ford would let those of us that have been waiting so long order any trim we want in '22. It's no skin off their teeth, and they still make a profit. But that would make sense, and there has been very little that has made sense in this entire roll out.
Oh yeah a lot hasn’t made sense. I mean why not hold pricing for everyone at time of order? I missed the deadline by 1 month and would love to have pricing the same but whatever. You’ll pay for it if you want it and Ford has more orders than they expected so I doubt they’re worried about losing surplus.
Sponsored