Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All of your Broncos have VINs and are being built/have been built... there's no sense, or ability, to change your order.... why would you want to? You're going to get exactly what you ordered.

According to the documents shared, your Broncos will remain at Ford until they have the newly designed tops to put on them. Once they get those tops, you'll get your Bronco.

Congrats!
You are assuming that Ford's optimistic statement is correct. For those of us with unbuilt VINs we aren't getting built until ~6000 FEs get built and over 2000 bad batch builds get fixed. I don't think it's realistic that we will get these in MY21. Everyone else that consciously chose MY22 or doesn't have a build date yet gets to take advantage of MY22 changes, or can change their orders as they want.
Sponsored

Last edited:

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What do you mean if you don't mind?
I feel so many hard top orders are going to switch to soft top making it worse for us....

Fingers crossed I'm wrong, but hey, Ford. AmIRight....
I don't know if you've had a soft top convertible before, but if you have to deal with it in snow/cold, its not that fun. Hard top is perfect for people in those climates, had Ford figured out how to design them correctly. While it seems attractive to switch to a soft top to get a build soon, anyone who doesn't live in perfect weather climates is going to have to consider the drawbacks of a soft top. People who live in cities or areas with crime also shouldn't switch to a soft top without knowing that soft tops are easy to slash so someone can get into the vehicle to steal/damage things inside - I've had a soft top slashed before and it fucking sucks.

Plus, people firmly on the 2 door Bronco train can't get soft tops, or people who want a Wildtrak, so soft tops move up that much at least.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry if you clarified this in another post. The "bad batch" group will not be shipped to dealer/customer until after new tops are produced and installed, is that correct?
Yes you are correct. Instead of shipping them and letting the dealer replace it at a later date the "bad batch" Broncos will have the tops replaced and then shipped.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welp, if anyone was expecting anything better than this information, you were clearly delusional. Ford was not going to keep making these shoddy tops and unleashing them on the world as a liability to them.

The delay sucks big time, but there are much much worse things to be upset about in the world right now besides bitching about not having a newfangled off roading suv.
I never heard so much fucking whining. 🙄

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all. We hear you and are working hard on getting you out in the wild in your Bronco as quickly as possible. Depending on your build, we are actively starting to communicate where we are and what we’re doing to make it right. In the meantime, please check out our latest FAQs here: https://ford.to/broncosupport
If you’re replacing the tops no matter what why not just put them on the First Editions that haven’t been scheduled yet and get them out to the customers?
Your timing of re-tooling a new designed top and having them delivered before the end of the year is being very ambitious, some would say irresponsible based on what’s happened so far ;)

Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can I ask a basic question and maybe just get a basic yes/no if that's even possible? I have a BL, Sas, 2.7, 4 door WITH a MIC top, WITH a VIN and WITH a production week of 8/30 (moved from 8/23 last week and it's the 3rd time it's been moved). Am I getting a '21 MIC and is it going to be produced the week of 8/30 based on language in this announcement and if NOT, when will it be produced (using Ford's language, not all of our smart ass sarcasm). OR does it make sense to switch to soft top and follow up to that is: Can I even switch to soft top given that I already have VIN and schedule date?
NO

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi all. We hear you and are working hard on getting you out in the wild in your Bronco as quickly as possible. Depending on your build, we are actively starting to communicate where we are and what we’re doing to make it right. In the meantime, please check out our latest FAQs here: https://ford.to/broncosupport
No "StAy PuMpEd," I am so disappointed

OffRoader90

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Impala FLEET BABY!!!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company

So the stay pumped emails are coming when? If the issue was known before this, why ramp up production on a defective item, that was known well in advance? Not sure speaking now makes up for the lack of communication to all the customers and dealers involved. Mistakes happen, but the one thing that should have been apparent is communication with the reservation holders, and dealers, which a company this large is unacceptable. I think I can speak for most that being left in the dark here and finding this information on a forum, and the feudal gestures of sending trinkets and photos is pretty disingenuous to the public. We all just wanted to know what was going on, and maybe some acknowledgement of responsibility in this fiasco.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you’re replacing the tops no matter what why not just put them on the First Editions that haven’t been scheduled yet and get them out to the customers?
Your timing of re-tooling a new designed top and having them delivered before the end of the year is being very ambitious, some would say irresponsible based on what’s happened so far ;)
I think the cost of replacing a known bad top - including dealer labor and freight shipping - adds too much for Ford to consider it. They'd rather deliver a better final product to the consumer and not have to deal with a warranty claim after.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a VIN with a week of 8/23 projected build for a 2-door. Im guessing mid-late winter or early spring now? It sucks, but I want a solid vehicle for what I'm paying. My world isn't ending. I'll just do an angry fist shake directed to any Broncos I pass now! Haha.

Sponsored

DCDcollects

Outer Banks
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Totally random question (disclosure - I have a VIN, but am not a FE) Will there be fewer NON-First Edition Broncos from year 2021 than FEs?

I had a build date of 8/9, so I'm guessing I'll get one at the end of the year.

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford, you are absolutely doing the right thing here! There was no way that roof would have held up in the long term.

BamaBronc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m slightly confused on my end. I have a build date of 07/15, have a vin etc but it hasn’t moved since then.

I imagine my bronco is one of those thousands sitting outside of MAP waiting for the new hardtop. Since it’ll be waiting for months with the bad MIC tops, is it safe to think some of these may be damaged by rain and other weather over the course of several months?

What about rust, etc? So those who finally get a MY21 I doubt it’ll even be in good condition?
This is my thing. I ordered a BB that is sitting there with what possibly is a water leak. Guess what @Ford Motor Company , that model has carpet and cloth upholstery... WTF!

JoePostman

Badlands
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can’t they leave the choice up to the customer. Give us our vehicle now and when the replacements are built send them to our dealers to be replaced. Seems like a simpler solution.
Sponsored