toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pardon my semantics, but I never said whole. The dealer knows their way around the Magnuson Moss Act and blame you accordingly.
Just disconnect and revert back before you take it in, if you have a powertrain problem.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have one on my Mustang. If you seen the amount of oil it catches every 1k miles, you'd probably want one too. Bottom line, it can only help.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pardon my semantics, but I never said whole. The dealer knows their way around the Magnuson Moss Act and blame you accordingly.
whaaaaaaaaaaa, no.

An identical part that they sell in their catalog is going to be one fisting of a lawyering to try and get around the MMA with.

Your oil catch can will be fine and not void your warranty. Sure a dealership might want to refuse service, just go up to the regional service rep and have it taken care of.

Dealerships LOVE it when the regional service rep gets brought in to tell them how to handle a basic customer need.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also says right there on their page that it's intended for off street/competitive use only and likely makes your emissions illegal. :)
If you are serious you must be new to aftermarket performance, everything comes with that disclaimer to cover their ass from liability when somebody installs something wrong and blows up their car

Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are serious you must be new to aftermarket performance, everything comes with that disclaimer to cover their ass from liability when somebody installs something wrong and blows up their car
Totally not serious. Just laughing at the post saying if you're worried about warranties that you can get the Ford part installed to maintain it, and then on the Ford page it says "this may void your warranty." lol.

I know all to well the CYA copy that gets plastered all over these things.

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have all but decided to go with the 2.3 and auto transmission after test driving a ranger with the same configuration. I do however have some concerns about the longevity of the motor vs the 3,7. Can anyone chime in on reliability? It has probably been covered, but for some reason, the search function doesnt seem to work for my account.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ya, it's been covered. the reliability would be the same as the 2.7. the 2.3 does have more hp per litre but i believe the 2.7 has more torque per litre. theres also a big thing about the 2.7 having port and direct injection and the 2.3 doesn't and that could lead to carbon build up. you can also just get a catch can to assist with that. and blah blah blah. it comes down to ford reliability. you're either going to have a great motor or its DOA. most likely a great motor.

Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I currently have a DI'd 2013 GTI (stock) and I had to get my valves walnut blasted at 60k. I was getting some detonation issues/misfires and jerky cold starts and then it threw some codes.

From my very brief searches on the 2.3 it doesn't seem like it suffers nearly as bad as the VW engines.

Deleted member 3063

I currently have a DI'd 2013 GTI (stock) and I had to get my valves walnut blasted at 60k. I was getting some detonation issues/misfires and jerky cold starts and then it threw some codes.
From my very brief searches on the 2.3 it doesn't seem like it suffers nearly as bad as the VW engines.
Exactly. That's where the whole thing started. I haven't seen any explanation as to why VW specifically has/had issues but do know it is/was a problem with more than one particular engine. It's sold thousands of oil catch cans, pretty cheap peace of mind for those that worry about it.

I've seen plenty of older carburetor engines with valves gunked like they attribute to DI. Some with less than 50K miles. Sure old motors had less effective ring sealing etc. but it's hard to get a better valve washing than with a carburetor motor getting 10mpg.

Deleted member 3063

Dealerships LOVE it when the regional service rep gets brought in to tell them how to handle a basic customer need.
Love the sarcasm lol
People need to think about this for a minute. Why would a dealer want to stick it to a potential repeat customer or lose a repair fee? It's not the dealer, they live or die on repair money, it's Ford. Whenever a warranty comes in it goes into the Ford computer system by manual input and direct connection to the cars data port. They (Ford) then will approve a repair or not. Service Rep only comes in if it's a disputed issue. Any non Ford engine software puts any drive line repair in question.

If you have non Ford software installed Ford will know it even if in for non related repairs. Even if a flash is removed there may be a record embedded in the ICU. Then the games begin.

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe check to the bronco5g Ranger5g.com forums for 2.3 engine information...just a suggestion. I've been hanging out there the last few days...starting to really take interest in a Supercab set up for truck camping/light overloading. Practicality is pushing me that way...more capacity and more towing.......BUT not nearly as F IN badass as a Bronco!
Sponsored

Last edited: