First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve lost count of how many 2.7 dropped valve issues I’ve seen. Way too many.
I wonder....with 'electric' taking up ALL the oxygen in the room, if Ford hasn't just started mailing in in with ICE
Sponsored

BE5OME1

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it’s any consolation to everyone that ordered a bronco with the 2.7, I have the 2.7 in my 2015 f150 with about 62k miles and I have had no problems with it. I had to use the pandemic as reasoning but being a ford service tech and some of the stuff I’ve seen lately it is entirely possible there could have been a few engines that may have been overlooked or rushed due to to staff shortage. And ford currently has a policy called low time in service, that’s why these engines are being replaced instead of people like me having to tear into them, find the causal part and rebuilt them. The idea behind it is 1) you bought a new vehicle and deserve a new engine, 2) it’s usually the quickest way to get your vehicle back to you. Hopefully you get your bronco back soon
I've put 250K on my last two 2.7L and have 32K on my 2020. only issue is I get an occasional puff of smoke on the initial start in the morning all three have done it. Not sure what the issue is, my driveway is a slight incline and I think that has something to do with it. If I back in it wont smoke.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've put 250K on my last two 2.7L and have 32K on my 2020
The 2.7 has a revered past; I guess the question is: are 2.7's made today the same quality. I Ford is planning to go all electric, would they maintain the plant, tooling, QC, & staff to the same standard they did a decade ago?

BE5OME1

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 2.7 has a revered past; I guess the question is: are 2.7's made today the same quality. I Ford is planning to go all electric, would they maintain the plant, tooling, QC, & staff to the same standard they did a decade ago?
We can hope but I went 2.3L 7sp on mine.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its was a bad batch of valves from the vendor is why all the failures. Ford has narrow the window on the engines that could be affected
But it's a secret and they haven't notified anyone about the possibility that their Bronco could be sitting on Dirt Mountain awaiting an engine swap, or worse, that they are potentially driving a dangerous vehicle that could fail catastrophically without warning?

And that's not just being overly reactive... an engine failure that locks up the motor or causes a fire, could very well be that bad.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford has narrow the window on the engines that could be affected
How do I go about investigating whether MY 2.7 is a ticking time bomb?

Deleted member 26829

Call dealer and find out the birth history on ur engine and heads if the valves were out of a april batch could be they are brittle. Every piece in ur engine has a birth history

Deleted member 26829

I would much rather have my engine swap before I receive it then it drop a valve. With that being said it wont lock up it will make a racket of course and eventually stop but wont just slam to a stop and as for fire I have never seen a 2.7 catch fire and I have seen a bunch go in testing. Great motor vender issue

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a Jaguar and received it only for them to tow it off my driveway with 23 miles on it. Computer glitch that caused it to not fully switch out of eco mode at stop signs so it didn’t fire on all cylinders and shook violently.

best thing I did was call corporate and tell them I felt like I bought a Kia Rio and not a Jaguar. Although the Kia probably wouldn’t have had to be hauled away! They paid my car payment for 3 months.. call and dramatize your emotions on the matter. You don’t deserve to deal with their screw up or pay while it’s in the shop.

Sponsored

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Its was a bad batch of valves from the vendor is why all the failures. Ford has narrow the window on the engines that could be affected
what’s your source? Hopefully it’s accurate… I have a build date next month with the 2.7.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've put 250K on my last two 2.7L and have 32K on my 2020. only issue is I get an occasional puff of smoke on the initial start in the morning all three have done it. Not sure what the issue is, my driveway is a slight incline and I think that has something to do with it. If I back in it wont smoke.
Valve seals

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Call dealer and find out the birth history on ur engine and heads if the valves were out of a april batch could be they are brittle. Every piece in ur engine has a birth history
Honestly, Ford should be communicating that to us. I shouldn't have to hack the system just to get this information. FFS - I can't even get Ford to email me back. I got one email back and a tour on the telephone support circle jerk. This is not hard @Ford Motor Company!
Sponsored