First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I work there talked to quality today to verify my bronco so 100 % positive source
First, let me thank you for providing valuable information. Since you work the crank line at Ford's Lima Ohio engine plant, you have a great perspective on this Bronco valve problem.

Please, please can you provide any information more specific than valves made from "the April batch"
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would much rather have my engine swap before I receive it then it drop a valve. With that being said it wont lock up it will make a racket of course and eventually stop but wont just slam to a stop and as for fire I have never seen a 2.7 catch fire and I have seen a bunch go in testing. Great motor vender issue
Don't think that a snapped intake valve can't break a piston... once a piston fractures.... who knows what carnage is coming next (usually rod through the side of a block). At 5000 RPM, a dropped valve can cause a ton of damage. That's usually when you end up with conditions ripe for a fire.

OP
OP
Broncoshrimp

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, Ford should be communicating that to us. I shouldn't have to hack the system just to get this information. FFS - I can't even get Ford to email me back. I got one email back and a tour on the telephone support circle jerk. This is not hard @Ford Motor Company!
Exactly! The lack of communication and concern from Ford is unacceptable. I've heard absolutely nothing from Ford except "Would you me to start a RAV claim?" This was after contacting Ford multiple times (I've chatted, emailed and called...multiple times).

My dealer called me on Monday and stated that the manifold that is backordered will BEGIN shipping from Ford on November 3. But they're going to fill orders that were placed before mine, so the service manager couldn't even put a date on when the manifold would be in. Meanwhile, I'm still making payments on vehicle I can't drive, using an old borrowed vehicle because the dealer doesn't have any loaners, and everyone I've contacted about this problem seems to be clueless.

This was my first "new" vehicle purchase (at 38 years old). I did expect some issues with it being a 1st year model, I did not expect such a huge failure to happen after 1.5 months of ownership. This has been a nightmare experience @Ford Motor Company.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I work there talked to quality today to verify my bronco so 100 % positive source
Are all current 2.7 being built ok I assume. Are they still shipping bad valves to the plant

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly! The lack of communication and concern from Ford is unacceptable. I've heard absolutely nothing from Ford except "Would you me to start a RAV claim?" This was after contacting Ford multiple times (I've chatted, emailed and called...multiple times).

My dealer called me on Monday and stated that the manifold that is backordered will BEGIN shipping from Ford on November 3. But they're going to fill orders that were placed before mine, so the service manager couldn't even put a date on when the manifold would be in. Meanwhile, I'm still making payments on vehicle I can't drive, using an old borrowed vehicle because the dealer doesn't have any loaners, and everyone I've contacted about this problem seems to be clueless.

This was my first "new" vehicle purchase (at 38 years old). I did expect some issues with it being a 1st year model, I did not expect such a huge failure to happen after 1.5 months of ownership. This has been a nightmare experience @Ford Motor Company.
They can open or add to the GCCT case to get you payment assistance if that's what you would like. RAV is going to take awhile and you probably aren't going to get a number you're happy with or a like vehicle to purchase with the $$. IMO, have them get you payments and let them fix the vehicle, drive it or sell it. You'll probably do better selling yourself than what RAV will settle with you.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would think that starting and stopping all the time is not good for quality on any assembly line. That goes for the companies who make the individual parts , companies that assemble the parts into engines and obviously the Ford assembly line.

hopefully this generation Of vehicles doesn’t become known as the Covid cars
Or stopping and starting at redlights and stop signs. Certainly the starters should be failing earlier than on engines that are left running.

StrictlyBroncos

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or stopping and starting at redlights and stop signs. Certainly the starters should be failing earlier than on engines that are left running.
Not really too concerned with that. We have a 5 year old F-150 with Auto Start/Stop. Not one issue with the starter failing. It's just an annoying feature.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
RAV is going to take awhile and you probably aren't going to get a number you're happy with or a like vehicle to purchase with the $$.
Thanks Phil...my issue is this Friday I write a check for my Bronco currently in dealer prep.

Is there any way to find out if my 2.7 has flawed valves BEFORE I buy this potential Lemon?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Phil...my issue is this Friday I write a check for my Bronco currently in dealer prep.

Is there any way to find out if my 2.7 has flawed valves BEFORE I buy this potential Lemon?
I PM'ed him to ask about mine since I bought from his dealership. My September 3rd built truck had a July 28th built engine. If @Jay3630 is right about the bad valves being from April I think any new deliveries are safe unless they have been stuck on dirt mountain.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If @Jay3630 is right about the bad valves being from April I think any new deliveries are safe unless they have been stuck on dirt mountain.
7/15 blend date..."I resemble that remark" :)

Sponsored

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Have you by chance reached out to Mike Levine? If not, I'd try him. This seems like the type of thing Ford wouldn't want news of spreading..

Insane to me that this situation is happening to someone who waited over a year for a brand new vehicle and they don't even provide a loaner.

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are all current 2.7 being built ok I assume. Are they still shipping bad valves to the plant
I hope so…. Surely they have ID the bad ones and taken them out of circulation or even replaced the engine for broncos that’s been produced but not shipped. @Jay3630 would have to confirm this.
Sponsored