William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I correct that 0.6 increase in gas mileage is being considered crazy increase? Freaking click bate. Was expecting something significant.
We've been hovering around 18 for probably 5-6 months so, yeah, 1.7 total since switching to Sunoco is pretty crazy in this thing where you can fight for .1 for 2 weeks and lose it in 5 minutes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Billnchristy

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you install Intercooler yourself? I'm looking to do install on my 2.7L 2 Door and looking for install video on how to deal with Fan Shroud. Any issues with install? Did you consider any other intercoolers? I'm using Premium and getting a few more HP's and slightly better fuel economy.
Yes I did, probably 2 hours total, most of it in the disassembly portion. Need a second set of hands for the bumper removal/install and should probably use two people for the intercooler but I managed by myself.

I don't think there is much difference between any of the brands so I wouldn't fret much on choice.

The CVfab intercooler comes with a new bracket so you can mount your ACC module but we don't have ACC so I just left everything off. I removed the motor from the shutters and zip tied it to the bumper bracket.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes I did, probably 2 hours total, most of it in the disassembly portion. Need a second set of hands for the bumper removal/install and should probably use two people for the intercooler but I managed by myself.

I don't think there is much difference between any of the brands so I wouldn't fret much on choice.

The CVfab intercooler comes with a new bracket so you can mount your ACC module but we don't have ACC so I just left everything off. I removed the motor from the shutters and zip tied it to the bumper bracket.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Did you get any warnings from OBC from disconnected shutters? I wasn't going to remove bumper, and just drop down and replace, but I'm guessing those shutters on the 2.7L pose a little problem with access.

I've check out a few and it seems the CVFab has better cooling specs than a few others.

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And here I am getting 20.3 in my 2 door 2.7 SAS using 87 and all stock lol. Staying out of boost is your friend with MPGs

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2023 Braptor 75mph cruise control. mostly interstate
Ford Bronco 2 recent changes = crazy mpg IMG_5919

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
93 is great for power. But at about a dollar more per gallon the increased mileage doesn’t come close to covering cost. I do run 93 myself.
I average 21 MPG in 100% in town driving and 25 on the highway (2.3L 4Dr Base). 19.7 is not bad considering Sasquatch package and 2.7L, after all you are driving a big beast, but certainly not "crazy" MPG. Just my opinion.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Did you get any warnings from OBC from disconnected shutters? I wasn't going to remove bumper, and just drop down and replace, but I'm guessing those shutters on the 2.7L pose a little problem with access.

I've check out a few and it seems the CVFab has better cooling specs than a few others.
you can just leave the motor plugged in and tied up to the core support if you are worried about any DTCs. Its not a hard cell light, just a code that will persit.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
And here I am getting 20.3 in my 2 door 2.7 SAS using 87 and all stock lol. Staying out of boost is your friend with MPGs
BINGO! I have been accused of lying for saying I'm getting 22 MPG in town with my Base. Even my 2.3L has plenty of acceleration without boost. Honestly when you compare the Bronco to other 4WD trucks, its pretty darn good. I rented a 2WD V6 Ram a few weeks ago and the best I could get is 17-18 on the same roads and driving style I get 21 with my Bronco, and this Ram had the E-Torque mild hybrid system!

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BINGO! I have been accused of lying for saying I'm getting 22 MPG in town with my Base. Even my 2.3L has plenty of acceleration without boost. Honestly when you compare the Bronco to other 4WD trucks, its pretty darn good. I rented a 2WD V6 Ram a few weeks ago and the best I could get is 17-18 on the same roads and driving style I get 21 with my Bronco, and this Ram had the E-Torque mild hybrid system!
Yeah my Tacoma could only get 18. The Bronco isn't great but some of the people here only managing 15-17 just need to slightly adjust their driving habits and they will get a bump way greater than half a mpg. I was at 17.4 for the first month I owned it then I started staying out of boost all the time and boom, nearly 3 mpg gain.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

you can just leave the motor plugged in and tied up to the core support if you are worried about any DTCs. Its not a hard cell light, just a code that will persit.
I have forscan. Guess I could figure something out if a warning persists. What's the deal with the shutters? Any benefit from leaving them on? You have to totally remove if you install Intercooler, correct?

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have forscan. Guess I could figure something out if a warning persists. What's the deal with the shutters? Any benefit from leaving them on? You have to totally remove if you install Intercooler, correct?
They are only somewhat useful in colder climates for operational temps, but even then in the warmer months the way they function isnt ideal with lowering intake charge temps. At this point I think all the aftermarket intercoolers require you to remove them as the coolers are thicker. There are more positives to removing them then keeping them.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol. After all the mods (K&N Cold Air Intake, Pedal Commander, spare tire delete, and planned Intercooler and MagnaFlow), MPG's are the last thing on my mind. I will say the 2 door with all these mods and no rear tire makes for a VERY quick vehicle. A ton of fun to drive.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I get about 20 MPG on the highway and 21 MPG around town with my 4 door Big bend and the 2.7L. I don't go any faster then 75 MPH (outside of passing) on the highway, because it barely gets you some place faster and your MPG goes down consideratably.

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol. After all the mods (K&N Cold Air Intake, Pedal Commander, spare tire delete, and planned Intercooler and MagnaFlow), MPG's are the last thing on my mind. I will say the 2 door with all these mods and no rear tire makes for a VERY quick vehicle. A ton of fun to drive.
It’s my daily and 100 miles round trip everyday for work so I somewhat tend to care just to save a few dollars here and there. Work pays enough to cover my
I get about 20 MPG on the highway and 21 MPG around town with my 4 door Big bend and the 2.7L. I don't go any faster then 75 MPH (outside of passing) on the highway, because it barely gets you some place faster and your MPG goes down consideratably.
This 1000%, I am always catching cars at exit lights that passed me hauling ass a few miles before.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Lie-O-Meter on my 2dr/2.3/auto BB.