Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What did the build run you?
My dealer said, you cannot really build one, just have an idea as to what you want with the trims available, and an idea of colors, The dealership I talked to really did not have any details, but did say I could be on a list to see what they get and if I like it would be at the top to grab one-$500 refundable
Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The bigger takeaway from this is how much the Bronco has impacted the market. The marketing, off-road modes
Not many people know this, but Toyota has had their "GOAT" off road modes for at least a decade. My 4runner has it in it

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not many people know this, but Toyota has had their "GOAT" off road modes for at least a decade. My 4runner has it in it
That's true actually, I completely forgot my wife had a 4Runner with the same thing on it. I still think some of the retro theme and beefing it up off road wise can be contributed to the Bronco's success.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a Lexus. Not a Bronco SAS competitor. Look at the clearance, approach a departure angles, etc. It would be a nice upgrade from 4Runner though, especially hybrid.
Its a PRADO - it needs Prado badging

Sponsored

PorkchopExpress

Outer Banks
First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,Toyota Supra LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What did the build run you?
I just picked color and a trim level. You can add a package to change from softex to leather but no clue what it costs.

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco is way better looking and capable

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a tough one for me. I got the Bronco as a tribute to my Grandfather's Scout he had from when I was little until I was about 12. He then got an 88 Land Cruiser that we took on tons of camping trips. I love my Bronco, but the one other vehicle that I would want would be the LC. Good news is by the time they are available and probably past the ADM time period, my Bronco will be paid off and I might be in the market for another daily and the Bronco will transition to the weekend toy...

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Its a PRADO - it needs Prado badging
So can we repeatedly insist that the Bronco Sport needs Escape badging? My FJ is Prado based, have no problem that it was left off back end nor will it bother GX and LC owners.

Sponsored

JLP

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Placed my deposit to be on the waitlist for a 1958. I will probably keep my Bronco and let go of my Wrangler when the 1958 finally arrives. I like the Jeep and The Bronco but it would be nice to have one vehicle with a fixed top and less wind noise.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I buy from American companies, I don't care if the "reliability" is better, I will support American companies before Japanese.

I support American workers. I really don't care where the CEO is and how much money is going into his pocket. Ever see what brands are the top 10 American MADE vehicle?

But, when it comes to deciding between Mexican made and Japanese made, I'll hedge my bets on which has better quality.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So can we repeatedly insist that the Bronco Sport needs Escape badging? My FJ is Prado based, have no problem that it was left off back end nor will it bother GX and LC owners.
Bronco Sport has Sport badge which separates it from the full size Bronco platform.
The Escape isnt necessairly a "donwgrade" from the Bronco Sport. Its a styling thing.
WHereas the LC PRado IS a downgrade from the 300 & even the 200.

The Land Cruser Prado in other markets has historically had Prado baddging.

The US market, in general doesnt know about the Prado platform, and the implication is the new Land Cruiser Prado is comparable to a 200 or 300. And its absolutely not.
IMO this will let dealers upcharge the LCPrado to near 300 levels of price.
Becasue the US consumer believes they are getting that level of procuct that carries the prestige and the advanced suspension technology, when they arent.

THe difference between a 4 Runner and FJ is packaging - capabilities are pretty much the same - so not really a need to qualify they are the same platform.

Should the Bronco have a Ranger badge?

Ford Bronco 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser World Premiere 📣 Hybrid Only For U.S. and Pricing Starts Mid-$50K Screenshot 2023-08-04 161112

Ford Bronco 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser World Premiere 📣 Hybrid Only For U.S. and Pricing Starts Mid-$50K Screenshot 2023-08-04 161921

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Definitely longer than that, going on 15 years now. And they have undeniably the best off road traction control (thats not locker) out there in A-TRAC, which has been being evolved since the 100 series lost its rear locker in 2000. Trail turn assist has been in the LC200 since 2013, Crawl Control since 2008.

Is this debadged prado the Bronco competitor I hoped for, no, but don't assume it won't be incredibly capable. Toyota has been refining their systems since before the 6g bronco was even a thought. Although, the silhouette in this background has me very curious for what could be coming.

Ford Bronco 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser World Premiere 📣 Hybrid Only For U.S. and Pricing Starts Mid-$50K IMG_20230803_141704_898

Last edited: