• Poll closed .

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If there is room in the Bronco lineup for the Sport, then there should be room for a big Full Size V8 or Eboost Bronco built on a full size truck or even an HD platform.

It solves so many complaints that you see on here ranging from space, towing, engine size, etc.

Look how popular full size SUVs and Trucks are in the US. Why does Ford, RAM and Chevy not offer a full-size off-road oriented SUV? My old '82 ford bronco certainly wouldn't have been classified as a mini-suv back in the day so it's not like the bronco has always been small historically.

Those that say you are giving up considerable off-road capability due to the size, likely have never driven a raptor or power wagon off-road. They are plenty capable and much like the IFS vs SFA argument, in all but the toughest terrain or narrowest trails the full size will get the job done just fine. In fact in some situation the longer wheelbase actually is a benefit.

My guess is the hesitation has to either be based on fuel standard restrictions or simply fear of cannibalization of other product lines as there is tons of evidence for demand within this segment.

All I know is first company to offer one, will sell a ton and will get my money.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there is room in the Bronco lineup for the Sport, then there should be room for a big Full Size V8 or Eboost Bronco built on a full size truck or even an HD platform.

It solves so many complaints that you see on here ranging from space, towing, engine size, etc.

Look how popular full size SUVs and Trucks are in the US. Why does Ford, RAM and Chevy not offer a full-size off-road oriented SUV? My old '82 ford bronco certainly wouldn't have been classified as a mini-suv back in the day so it's not like the bronco has always been small historically.

Those that say you are giving up considerable off-road capability due to the size, likely have never driven a raptor or power wagon off-road. They are plenty capable and much like the IFS vs SFA argument, in all but the toughest terrain or narrowest trails the full size will get the job done just fine. In fact in some situation the longer wheelbase actually is a benefit.

My guess is the hesitation has to either be based on fuel standard restrictions or simply fear of cannibalization of other product lines as there is tons of evidence for demand within this segment.

All I know is first company to offer one, will sell a ton and will get my money.
I know I’d love to see it happen. Will it? I won’t hold my breathe but that would be pretty glorious if it does.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Well Ford and Ram offer them in trucks

Like you said the main reason for suvs I can think of is it would cannibalize other models. Ford already has explorer, expedition / max. Do they really need another 7 passenger suv? Best bet would be to make a raptor version of the expedition instead of an all new model

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well Ford and Ram offer them in trucks

Like you said the main reason for suvs I can think of is it would cannibalize other models. Ford already has explorer, expedition / max. Do they really need another 7 passenger suv? Best bet would be to make a raptor version of the expedition instead of an all new model
You’re right. A truck is more versatile as well.

I’d still like to see them build big SUVs to fill that off road void and not just high passenger capacity like an excursion or expedition, but I’m guessing trucks fill enough of that need that it isn’t worth it to build an SUV instead.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I had even TWO kids and a dog, there’s no chance I would get a Bronco for big family trips. I think cancelling was the right decision for sure.

I bet you and your family would have an awesome time in a FX4 Packaged Expedition or Z71 Suburban/Tahoe. Build it over time to be more capable, and drive that thing to 300k miles. Your kids will be comfortable, especially as they grow bigger. Additionally, your dog can be buckled in because you don’t want a projectile flying around the cabin in the event of an accident. Protect your furry friend ?.

Good luck on the search!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I had even TWO kids and a dog, there’s no chance I would get a Bronco for big family trips. I think cancelling was the right decision for sure.

I bet you and your family would have an awesome time in a FX4 Packaged Expedition or Z71 Suburban/Tahoe. Build it over time to be more capable, and drive that thing to 300k miles. Your kids will be comfortable, especially as they grow bigger. Additionally, your dog can be buckled in because you don’t want a projectile flying around the cabin in the event of an accident. Protect your furry friend ?.

Good luck on the search!
Thanks. I’m sure I’ll find something fun to build, fits the entire fam, and will take us where we want to go. Should be a wild ride.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

The sport isn't actually smaller than the 4 door big bronco
It's not a baby brother, they are similar size and the sport actually has bigger space inside.

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sport isn't actually smaller than the 4 door big bronco
It's not a baby brother, they are similar size and the sport actually has bigger space inside.
Really? Have a link to show the difference? Everything I’ve seen said otherwise. Or so I thought.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 4runner- 33s, Dirtking UCA&LCAs, 6112s, etc
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ever owned one? Others have and say different. I have no experience with them but at first glance I would have to agree with you.
my wife drives a 2019...

also watch the TFL video where they try to take one up a mild trail. terrible articulation, terrible traction

Sponsored
OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my wife drives a 2019...

also watch the TFL video where they try to take one up a mild trail. terrible articulation, terrible traction
I'll have to check that out. Thanks.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That stupid TFL video always bugged me. Don't even think they knew how to work it. I do think they changed the 4x4 system but my 2011 and 2016 work great. They have like 10" of articulation that most don't even know. The control trac system locking the axles together works great. Way, way underrated. Do a little more digging. Honestly, you could buy an older one, put the ICON stage 2 on it with 33s or even 35s and haul 8 just about anywhere. It'll get ya there!

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That stupid TFL video always bugged me. Don't even think they knew how to work it. I do think they changed the 4x4 system but my 2011 and 2016 work great. They have like 10" of articulation that most don't even know. The control trac system locking the axles together works great. Way, way underrated. Do a little more digging. Honestly, you could buy an older one, put the ICON stage 2 on it with 33s or even 35s and haul 8 just about anywhere. It'll get ya there!
Sounds like fun to me. ??

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like fun to me. ??
Check out 1LifeLive on you tube. He's not around anymore but his videos with his expedition are. He's the one that got me thinking what I could do.

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out 1LifeLive on you tube. He's not around anymore but his videos with his expedition are. He's the one that got me thinking what I could do.
That dude put a lot of work into that rig. Looked pretty capable to me. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored