First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on my interpretation, you might be in a tough spot. I understand that the online ordering system is only to facilitate existing reservation holders (the 190k people who reserved and for whom Ford may take years to fulfill) to convert their reservations into an order. Ford closed the reservation system a month or two back to stop accepting new reservations.

Since you canceled your reservation, my understanding is that you’ll need to wait until Ford re-opens the reservation system, or contact your dealer to purchase directly from them. I’m not sure I’ve seen a timeline for this though.

https://thebronconation.com/2022-bronco-what-do-i-need-to-do-and-what-are-my-options/

Check out the row that reads “October 15”, the details say:

Online ordering launches*. (*only available for non-converted reservation holders, existing order holders must update/confirm their order with their dealer).
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dont know where you are getting that screen grab. Is that on ford.com in your account? I assume you have to contact, select a dealer as part of that process.
Not my screen grab. It was a post shortly after yours

edit: nice and easy fix. How’s this idea? Every dealer approved by Ford to sell the Bronco must disclose their pricing so when their location is selected it populates for the ordering buyer? Seems like a fairly simple thing to do, it would alleviate trying to locate a dealer locally and what their pricing actually is. Transparency!!!

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Hang in there, we'll add to the confusion"
If it wasn't already anxiety inducing as it was, this is just adding to the confusion... Are people who already had MY21 orders pushed to MY22 doing the $500-$1000 deposit as well? My dealer emailed me today about a consultation regarding a reprice on a bronco and that they have "new incentives possibly available".... seemed like a cheap pre generated mailing list email, and I'd already told them I was in talks with their bronco person.... I told them the same and they said they'll let him know which honestly I think might end up annoying them....
too much confusion and no clear cut process or plan for the 21-22 transition....
You'd think they'd have made everyone still pending with submitted MY21 orders finalize everything asap so they can get built sooner, but nope, usual chaos with $500-$1000 dollars involved now..... c'mon @Ford Motor Company you already botched MY21 and some of us had sympathy, don't botch MY22 and beyond too....
It's a full time job just trying to keep up with the changing rules and regs. :(

$500 deposit, agreeing to a price online (even though we've always been told the price is between dealer and customer not involving Ford)? Buying a Bronco is like some scavenger hunt.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Super interesting - I ordered from my July '21 reservation this AM and put down $1k on an OBX. Nothing put down prior outside of the initial $100 for the reservation.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you order a 22 through your dealer?

Sponsored

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I placed my order on 10/13 at the dealer. I had to give a $500 refundable deposit to the dealer and a copy of of my driver's license. I have a sales contract with all the order details and total price, signed by both me and the dealer. The dealer I went through has a specific sales rep that handles all of their Bronco orders. This sales rep said they had a meeting with their regional Ford rep, and were told they needed to have these 3 things.

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reserved July 17, 2020. I held on ordering until ManSquatch was an option. I printed my build and went to my dealer on 7/13 and handed it off for them to place the order. I was checking today to see the status and I was directed to make a $500 deposit on the Ford.com website. I went ahead and did that and the status updated at that time to "Order sent to dealer". I haven't heard of this process before, I am guessing it's new for 2022 and a way to weed out those who aren't really serious. Also, my dealer want a copy of my DL; He said it was because Ford is making sure real people are placing these orders. I assume a lot of others will be seeing this same process.
Same thing happened to me yesterday.

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I placed my order on 10/13 at the dealer. I had to give a $500 refundable deposit to the dealer and a copy of of my driver's license. I have a sales contract with all the order details and total price, signed by both me and the dealer. The dealer I went through has a specific sales rep that handles all of their Bronco orders. This sales rep said they had a meeting with their regional Ford rep, and were told they needed to have these 3 things.
To clarify, the saled rep didn't state that Ford wouldn't accept the order without these 3 things. I think it was more, that the Ford regional rep was telling them they are tired of the complaints and shenanigans and that if they did these 3 things it would resolve a lot of the issues.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
too little, too late.

This is not going to fix anything at this time. Maybe Ford should make the refundable deposits $2000 and really weed out the fake reservations from dealers.

BK1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, GMC At4, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, totally confused. Built my 22 and asking for a 1000 deposit. 2 Door Wildtack. Also showing 8k work of options and total price it wants me to agree to is 58k. My build is 51k. Then at bottom is says 500 will be refunded to me?? What the heck is going on?? I am not going to agree to a 7k markup from FORD!
Just some more info: Original base sas reservation. Trying to order Wildtrack. Reconfigured back to base sas and pricing correct. It is like it is trying to charge me for the SaS package on the base regardless of the model I am trying to actually order now.
Called my dealer and was told to print it out and bring it to them and we will see what Ford says when they place my order.

Last edited:

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will post my experience when I go in next Tuesday for my 2 door ordering. :)

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, totally confused. Built my 22 and asking for a 1000 deposit. 2 Door Wildtack. Also showing 8k work of options and total price it wants me to agree to is 58k. My build is 51k. Then at bottom is says 500 will be refunded to me?? What the heck is going on?? I am not going to agree to a 7k markup from FORD!
Just some more info: Original base sas reservation. Trying to order Wildtrack. Reconfigured back to base sas and pricing correct. It is like it is trying to charge me for the SaS package on the base regardless of the model I am trying to actually order now.
Called my dealer and was told to print it out and bring it to them and we will see what Ford says when they place my order.
I'm in the same boat. Dealer Selling Price came out $6590 above the Ford conigurator. Makes no sense. I spent 53 minutes on-hold with Ford. After finally talking to them, I called dealership. Neither one of them could explain it. Will end up having to go in to dealership, when I wanted to handle it online.:(

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got online and checked my reservation. They want a $1,000 deposit from me. I can't understand why some people are required to deposit $500 and some are $1,000? SAC is/was not requiring a deposit of any kind. And I was looking forward to not putting a deposit down honestly.

And also, for those of us going through Granger or SAC, the pricing doesn't reflect what the dealer has stated they will honor at $xxxx under invoice. So, if we convert our reservation to an order using ford.com, how does this affect the deal we are hoping to get?

mspeter

Badlands
First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Badlands 7-spd, ‘20 F350 Dually, & 3x M422A1s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer w/my reservation (Auburn, Calif. Ford) has $10K ADM populated in the ‘dealer price’ for the friendly ‘on-line’ order conversion tool. 16% over MSRP. Hard pass.

In effect, a technique to weed out & thin reservations, lower the net order conversion rate….leaving more for dealer stocking.
Sponsored

Last edited: